Lindsey's I quit sugar diary

They're going well thanks, things seem to have got started again a bit as not had much to do for a while.

Have you seen the new book...I quit sugar? I've ordered it from amazon, looking forward to some sugar free motivation!

I saw the book when I started researching, but thought it was ridiculously expensive so I've gone it alone. I've been back on track for a week, but my brain is still trying to persuade me to eat sugar, hoping this will pass in the next few days. Sugar is so addictive!!!

Did your book arrive? X

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

They're going well thanks, things seem to have got started again a bit as not had much to do for a while.

So exciting!

'Ey up, you :) You're doing BRILLIANTLY. Much kudos to you, I'm SO impressed xx

Hey you!!! Welcome back, what's the plan? Xxx

Hey you!!! Welcome back, what's the plan? Xxx

Errrr.... to shift the 3 stone I've put back on asap! :eek: Plus another stone so at least I feel like I'm making progress overall.

Started a couple of days ago - low cal, low carb but thinking of trying a fluctuation in the daily cal intake in a couple of months (a bit like 5:2 but with fewer calories on non-fast days!)

Who knows? Main thing is that the lbs run away and I get back to the cross trainer.

What's this sugar thing you've been doing? Sounds like it's been effective.

Errrr.... to shift the 3 stone I've put back on asap! :eek: Plus another stone so at least I feel like I'm making progress overall.

Started a couple of days ago - low cal, low carb but thinking of trying a fluctuation in the daily cal intake in a couple of months (a bit like 5:2 but with fewer calories on non-fast days!)

Who knows? Main thing is that the lbs run away and I get back to the cross trainer.

What's this sugar thing you've been doing? Sounds like it's been effective.

My mum is doing 5:2 but she does it over 24 hour period (starts after dinner until dinner time next day) but she eats nothing as it's not as long as starting after dinner and going until breakfast the day after. She's feeling really good.

I've quit sugar. So no processed food, reading the labels and not buying anything with sugar as an ingredient (thats any word that ends with "ose" e.g. fructose, dextrose, glucose, etc), no fruit.

Only thing I am having is the lactose in dairy products.

I'm also limiting carbs. I don't think my body likes anything that spikes blood sugar. High fat and high protein is the way for me.

I thoroughly recommend it. Before going on holiday I'd been sugar free for 3 months and in that time I hadn't had a headache (used to get them everytime I worked a day at court), no urges to binge, sleeping well, high energy levels, better skin, strong nails... it's crazy, I never would have believed how toxic sugar is until I cut it out.

Are you doing very low cal again? Xxx

My mum is doing 5:2 but she does it over 24 hour period (starts after dinner until dinner time next day) but she eats nothing as it's not as long as starting after dinner and going until breakfast the day after. She's feeling really good.

I've quit sugar. So no processed food, reading the labels and not buying anything with sugar as an ingredient (thats any word that ends with "ose" e.g. fructose, dextrose, glucose, etc), no fruit.

Only thing I am having is the lactose in dairy products.

I'm also limiting carbs. I don't think my body likes anything that spikes blood sugar. High fat and high protein is the way for me.

I thoroughly recommend it. Before going on holiday I'd been sugar free for 3 months and in that time I hadn't had a headache (used to get them everytime I worked a day at court), no urges to binge, sleeping well, high energy levels, better skin, strong nails... it's crazy, I never would have believed how toxic sugar is until I cut it out.

Are you doing very low cal again? Xxx

Makes a lot of sense with the sugar. I think I've mostly been doing that inadvertently as Im cooking from scratch and don't have much in the way of processed foods. I am still on the Go ahead bars and Belvita though - it's nice to have with a cuppa ;) Carbs are my downfall. I love them, but my body just can't process them properly in anything other than very small doses. Ditto wine - that crashes my metabolism altogether for a few days :( :(

I'm going low cal again, but because I'm working in a different city now and commuting, I can't see my GP as regularly, so I can't really drop the calls as low. I'm planning on being 1,000 or slightly under a day to start with - just to kick start it - then I'll do some tweaking from there depending on what's happening. 3lbs down so far - hoping for 4 and into 14st something by Friday's weigh-in.

Cannot believe I've seen 15 on the scales again *head desk*

We've all done it. If losing weight was so easy everyone would be thin!!!

I saw 18 again... at least you didn't take it that far!!!

I used to love a belvita biscuits. Now I make sugar free peanut butter and chocolate fudge, or sugar free cheesecake topping. I also have sugar free syrup in my tea, so experimenting with lots of sweeteners... which is probably just as harmful, but they won't make me fat, lol!!!

How's the family? X

We've all done it. If losing weight was so easy everyone would be thin!!!

I saw 18 again... at least you didn't take it that far!!!

I used to love a belvita biscuits. Now I make sugar free peanut butter and chocolate fudge, or sugar free cheesecake topping. I also have sugar free syrup in my tea, so experimenting with lots of sweeteners... which is probably just as harmful, but they won't make me fat, lol!!!

How's the family? X

It's just so easy to get it wrong. I'm going to have to be far stricter with myself once I get back down to the right ball park of weight this time. I maintained it pretty well for a few months, but when the stresses piled on, comfort eating and a little tipple or three took over. Gah!

Still, we know this works, and we're about the same weight at the moment, so this should be seriously good encouragement for us both. Your loss is incredible. We'll be slinky before we know it!

How are things at your end? Family all good, and we're boating near you in the summer. Fancy a day out? xx

That would be great, hopefully all the rain is coming now so we have a good sunny summer!

We're moving house on the 23rd, so focused on that at the moment. Tripping over boxes and trying to minimize the crap. It's terrifying how much rubbish accumulates!!! Can't wait to have a proper house though, then the crap can breed!!!

How is the boating life? X

That would be great, hopefully all the rain is coming now so we have a good sunny summer!

We're moving house on the 23rd, so focused on that at the moment. Tripping over boxes and trying to minimize the crap. It's terrifying how much rubbish accumulates!!! Can't wait to have a proper house though, then the crap can breed!!!

How is the boating life? X

I saw about the house. That's seriously exciting (although very stressful too!) Will need lots of pics once you're in!

Boating is fab. She's just had a full repaint and is looking very snazzy at the moment. We're boating in Feb half-term, so brace yourself for more shots of the boat than you'd ever want to see! Summer's trip is planned from Llangollen, to Stratford, to Oxford and back again via Worcester. I need to be back in size 14 clothes by then, that's for sure. Let's hope we don't get too wet.

Looking forward to pics, bet she looks like a right beauty. You'll be back in a size 14 in no time. I never got that far last time. Really want to make it this time... and even a 12 would be nice!!!

The house is going to be pretty bare. Going from a one bedroom to a three equals not enough furniture!!! I'll be scouring ebay and gumtree to try and make the place look like home.

Have you finished your masters yet? X

Looking forward to pics, bet she looks like a right beauty. You'll be back in a size 14 in no time. I never got that far last time. Really want to make it this time... and even a 12 would be nice!!!

The house is going to be pretty bare. Going from a one bedroom to a three equals not enough furniture!!! I'll be scouring ebay and gumtree to try and make the place look like home.

Have you finished your masters yet? X

Freecycle is your friend! You might be able to pick up some bits for free to get you started. Annie Sloan paint can cover a multitude of sins!

Yes, MA finished - got a distinction for it and been offered a funded PhD. Haven't taken them up on it yet, but I'm seriously considering it. It all depends on how it'll balance out with work commitments at the end of the day.

Wow, that's amazing!!! You is one clever cookie!!! What would the PhD entail? X

Wow, that's amazing!!! You is one clever cookie!!! What would the PhD entail? X

6 years of part time research and about 100,000 words worth of thesis. It'll keep me quiet, that's for sure.

Got to get settled into the new job first (and shift this weight) and then I might go for it :) Flattering to be asked...

Wow! That would keep anyone quiet... even me!!!

What's the new job? X

Will message you :)

Quiet day today, a little case at Crown then office work.

B: whole milk with no sugar cookie dough syrup.
L: chicken and salad.
D: not sure yet. Either salmon with green beans and asparagus. Or chicken wrapped in bacon with frozen veg.

Need to bust out the running shoes, but the rain is so bad and the nights still so dark... Gym in feb seems more appealing! Xxx

Had a peak, still 7lbs up from pre holiday weight... doh!!! Baileys is not my friend!!!

Back