Lipotrim 2008!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started 28th April 2008
Weighed 16st 2lb
Still in my first week

Hello fellow slimmers, well started Lipotrim a week ago and only just found this site thanks to my bestest mate Kate who is a week ahead of me on the diet but boy did i need it! I was really struggling. As far as my first week has gone, the first couple of days were hard, getting used to drinking so much water was weird but if you just go into automatic pilot and do it, (i have mine in a pint glass with a straw that i sip on all day,) youl soon get used to it. I have had major hunger pangs all week though and although my mate hasnt suffered with this, ive had major headaches too. Im a regular to the gym and i play tennis which i have opted out of for this week only because i havent the energy. I go to bed starving but i think the knack is to keep drinking water. Im hullicinating about a sausage barm and have found myself glued to the tele watching cooking programmes and those M & S adverts are so paintful im drooling! No its not easy and i was contemplating going onto the Maintenance side of the diet yesterday which allows you real food but suppresses your appetite with drinks in between that was until i found this site. All i can say is thank god, me and my mate were ecstatic last nite as we chatted on the phone whilst flicking through the success stories on here, like women possessed!!!!! We were amazed! And it was excactly what we both needed. Its put us into the right frame of mind to carry on and we were inspired to say the least so thank you to all those before us that have led the way, your true mentors! As its bank hols i dont get weighed will Tuesday but ive had a sneaky look on the scales and im 8lb lighter and have two days to go! Im told the first week is the hardest because of the changes but also because of the fact youve no proof of your hard work till the first weigh in so although im gagging for an Indian, im holding out till Tuesday and after seeing all those inspirational stories and pics, think im gonna hangon in there as after all im doing this for me arent I!

Lots of love jackie x

welcome jackie,,i am just finishing week 2 and weigh in on tue too,,i cant wait,,this site is fantastic everyone is great,,and you will have endless support here,,if you feel your failing come on and post,,someone will give you a kick up the a**e,,knock you back into place,,lol enjoy,,

hi jackie welcome to the nut house...
your doin really well.the hunger pains do pass in the second week,once ketoses kicks in youl be laughing...you dont get as hungry,everyone has one or 2 bad days but in general its fine.
as for excerise your supposed to take it easy your first week while your body adabts to LT,then your energy levals rise you l be back to the gym in no time,wish i had your stamina lol.its great you have a pal to do it with,always good to have support,stick with it hon,and good luck to u both
xjx

welcome jackie,,i am just finishing week 2 and weigh in on tue too,,i cant wait,,this site is fantastic everyone is great,,and you will have endless support here,,if you feel your failing come on and post,,someone will give you a kick up the a**e,,knock you back into place,,lol enjoy,,

haha so true

hey guys, my name is li, just started lipotrim yesterday, feeling good but must admit quite hungry!! just spent the best part of an hour reading through all of ur sucess stories and now im really excited! i have a lot of weight to lose and didnt think i would ever find something i could stick to, so i really hope this is it!! i think the speed at which u guys have lost weight is motivation enough! love the site, really really inspiring.

li x :)

cheers guys much appreciated, got to say this is nearly as hard as giving up the fags! lol j

hi li,,it is really inspiring to read ohter peoples success stories,,i love looking at the tickers to see what everyone has lost,,

Howdy-doody :)

Just a quick thanks really for all the inspiring posts I've read on here - everything about LT seems to fit into my lifestyle...

Basically I'm doing stupid hours at work, get back late, eat late & often rubbish micro / ready meals.

LT seems to be a no-brainer, as all the calorie-counting & nutrition has been worked out in advance & it's a matter of will-power to stick with a proven diet.

But I don't see LT just as a quick-fix to get shot of the stones, I'm hoping it'll teach me appreciation & respect for what goes into my body :)

A bit about myself, I'm 36, male, transfixing blue eyes (honest !) & about 4 stone overweight (boo !) - I've always been 'broad' & 'stocky' but in a good way (always been about shoulders, arms & chest) but over the last 5 years it's started to become about moobs, stomach, thighs & arse (boo again !).

I've sorta done this a mans way (basically disregarding instructions) & instead of going to the drs / pharmacist I've bought 3 months worth of shakes from Ebay... yes I know it's the wrong way but I am a bloke & therefore won't be told ;)

Starting tomorrow, had a tester shake today & didn't yack.... got one of those frothy making cups & it does make the shake smooth :) Well worth a couple of quid.

Does anyone know if I can prepare in advance & put into a thermos / vacuum flask to take to work ? The instruction bag says consume within 15 mins & I guess it starts to seperate after that ? But maybe not in a vacuum flask ?

Anyway thanks again for your posts :) I will be reading your success stories to keep me going :)

good luck with starting LT i'm sure you'll do great.......if you leave the shakes for more then about half an hour they start to really smell bad ...not the most apatising thing at all ... best to just makes them fresh an carry your shaker flask thing with you ....there so handy

as far as i know the shakes need to be drunk within fifteen mins. not really as they separate but because they loose the vitamins/nutrients after that time. i am guessing it would be the same in a thermos too. I make mine up at work quite easily. one of the 'stick' type blenders works really well - specially for the ones you drink hot as they come out really frothy. good luck for the rest of the week. xjuliax

Hello thought i'd post an intro and stop lurking. I start day5 tomorrow and hope it will start getting easier. I'm 5.5 and 13st.4 at the minute not planning to lose too much if I get down to 11st.5 i'll be happy. Hopefully ketosis will start tomorrow and i'll stop dreaming of food.

Thanks for the feedback Julia & Sara Kate - using the stick aerolater thaaaang at home & the cup with one built in at work - it's not loud & quite subtle :)

Hello thought i'd post an intro and stop lurking. I start day5 tomorrow and hope it will start getting easier. I'm 5.5 and 13st.4 at the minute not planning to lose too much if I get down to 11st.5 i'll be happy. Hopefully ketosis will start tomorrow and i'll stop dreaming of food.

Welcome aboard Dan - you've come to the right place - these peeps are ace & v supportive :D

Welcome to the fold. Yep.....ketosis may well hit tomorrow, but I'm afraid I dreamt of food the whole time, but I was not hungry, so it made me realise that I didn't eat when I was hungry, but out of habit.

Good luck with weigh in.xx

Just a quick thanks really for all the inspiring posts I've read on here - everything about LT seems to fit into my lifestyle...

Basically I'm doing stupid hours at work, get back late, eat late & often rubbish micro / ready meals.

LT seems to be a no-brainer, as all the calorie-counting & nutrition has been worked out in advance & it's a matter of will-power to stick with a proven diet.

But I don't see LT just as a quick-fix to get shot of the stones, I'm hoping it'll teach me appreciation & respect for what goes into my body :)

A bit about myself, I'm 36, male, transfixing blue eyes (honest !) & about 4 stone overweight (boo !) - I've always been 'broad' & 'stocky' but in a good way (always been about shoulders, arms & chest) but over the last 5 years it's started to become about moobs, stomach, thighs & arse (boo again !).

I've sorta done this a mans way (basically disregarding instructions) & instead of going to the drs / pharmacist I've bought 3 months worth of shakes from Ebay... yes I know it's the wrong way but I am a bloke & therefore won't be told ;)

Starting tomorrow, had a tester shake today & didn't yack.... got one of those frothy making cups & it does make the shake smooth :) Well worth a couple of quid.

Does anyone know if I can prepare in advance & put into a thermos / vacuum flask to take to work ? The instruction bag says consume within 15 mins & I guess it starts to seperate after that ? But maybe not in a vacuum flask ?

Anyway thanks again for your posts :) I will be reading your success stories to keep me going :)

Hi there.....I'm afraid you can't make it up even in a flask.....something to do with the minerals! Good luck on your journey (sound like I should be on Oprah!!). xx

its great you ve taken the punge,well done.
i dont premake mine but like u i work at night so i dont want people seeing me doin my shakes,so i open the packet pour in powder and close my container,shaker watever u use and when im hungry i run to the car pour my water in on top of it and do the shake and back:Dand bobs your uncle.i think u cant leave it with water in it foe longer than 15 mins,but my way works for me hasnt effected my weight loss,tell us more about your eyes lol good luck

Thanks for the words of support, Day six today and I feel so much better. The headache has gone completely and so have the urges for food. I'm playing badminton tonight for the first time since I started. I think the hardest part is the thought of going without food for a few weeks the actual doing isn't to bad.

Hi All,
This is my second time trying the lipotrim diet. I first tried it Oct2006 - Dec2006. I was 16st.6lbs and lost 2st7lbs, down to 13st13lbs. I was working out in the gym every day trying extremly hard to loose more calories and I must admit it did work. Christmas that year everybody commented on how good I looked, I was full of confidence. I came of the diet for Christmas week and tried to start back in Jan07 but I pulled a muscle in my back and that kept me out of the gym for a month. Naturally the diet went out the window. I tried again in Feb07 but then pulled another muscle which had me out for another month and thats when the fairytale ended. Back to crap food and no excerise and guess what as of last Tuesday my weight was 16st 13lbs

So I decided to kick my butt into gear again and decided to give it a try again. ( I must admit I did try a few times since 07 but I never got past the 4th day) However today is my 4th day back, I did a sneaky weighin today and I have already lost 7lbs, I know thats probably the water contention but it does put a smile back on my face. My only problem is that I am suffering major diorreha, everything I drink goes straight through me, as in drink glass of water, 10 mins later its back out again. I dont recall this happening before and feel I have a stomache flu. I am determined not to give up on the diet so early but not sure what the best option here is. Has anyone experience this before?

T

Hi Tod,

:welcome:

If you split your packs and have six mini meals instead of three over the day it will help with the diarrhoea. (you must make each half up fresh)

Also if you take some fibre clear it will help bulk out the stools.

If you still continue to suffer then it could be that you are lactose intolerant.

Hope that helps.

Well done on your weight loss and getting to day 4.

Love Mini xxx

Howdy Doody...sounds like me!

Hi, my profile is similar but 35, 5ft 11, 15 stone...would like an "eye-off" - can't seem to post my profile pic though:sigh:

Starting a 4 week programme on Monday and I have to agree this forum would appear to be a major motivating factor for most people...well what else can you do if you can't eat or drink ;)

Good to see a few men on this too...I work in a male dominated environment and I am coming in for a lot of (good-natured) stick already...and about 10% give me any chance of having the willpower to stick to it. That's a motivator in itself!

Anyway, will be on here a bit more with my updates...just as soon as I've sussed out how to use the thing!

Peace Out :rolleyes:

Hi, my profile is similar but 35, 5ft 11, 15 stone...would like an "eye-off" - can't seem to post my profile pic though:sigh:

Starting a 4 week programme on Monday and I have to agree this forum would appear to be a major motivating factor for most people...well what else can you do if you can't eat or drink ;)

Good to see a few men on this too...I work in a male dominated environment and I am coming in for a lot of (good-natured) stick already...and about 10% give me any chance of having the willpower to stick to it. That's a motivator in itself!

Anyway, will be on here a bit more with my updates...just as soon as I've sussed out how to use the thing!

Peace Out :rolleyes:

Haha - faced the same comments here mate - I tell 'em LT / dieting is officially not gay... FACT :D

I'm got over the initial shame n embarrasment of sorting my shakes out in the office... basically I've recognised I'm a bloater & doing something positive about... if they want to take the piss... faaack em :D

Good luck mate - the gains are there to had - or rather losses !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back