Lipotrim 2008!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all,

I am having a bit of a dilemma today :cry:

As you know I have done lipo before and lost 3 stone. I have found over the last 2 years of trying to get back onto it, my body creates a new symptom. For instance first time around when I lost 3 stone I just craved food, no other symptoms. But each time since I have other problems, mainly headaches, tiredness, moodiness. At one turn I did it for about 2 weeks and had to come of it as I nearly fainted twice. Anyway its mainly the headaches that have made me give up in the past.

I am now day 3 and believe it or not I feel fantastic apart from.................... I am gagging constantly with the shakes. I have never had this before, even the thought of making one makes me feel sick. I cant beleive this is happening cause apart from that I feel fantastic, no headache, no tiredness etc. It did happen to me on day 1 but I thought it was just cause i started it but from the way I am feeling I dont know if this is going to leave me and if it dont how the hell can I carry on with it :cry:

Has this happened to anyone where they could not stomache them but it eventually faded. Gosh I really hope so. I am feeling pretty gutted about this to be honest cause I know you need to drink these shakes in order to keep you healthy.:eek:

hey i no the feeling i'm just finished week two and have been gagging on the shakes and soup since the start.this week has been slightly better although every day my taste for them seem to change like i used to like the soup last week but this week even the smell makes me churn!! i guess its just something you gotta put up with just think to yourself "ive to do this 3 times a day-thats all-nothing major" and hold your nose and gulp thats wat i do!!!

hey i no the feeling i'm just finished week two and have been gagging on the shakes and soup since the start.this week has been slightly better although every day my taste for them seem to change like i used to like the soup last week but this week even the smell makes me churn!! i guess its just something you gotta put up with just think to yourself "ive to do this 3 times a day-thats all-nothing major" and hold your nose and gulp thats wat i do!!!

Hey thanks for the reply, I will give holding the nose a go :D I am just gutted cause otherwise I feel great. I have tried lipo many times and this symptom is totally new to me. Thanks again.

I am on day 3 too and I am kinda struggling with the shakes, I really seem to like the choc but the others I could quite easily go without (but have had them) I made the strawberry with little water today and although not quite a moose it was similar to the texture of unbaked cake (I used to lick the bowl as a kind) and I have to say it was yummy, It felt like I was eating something rather than gulping down, I found it much tastier too than in a shake.

Stick with it love, you know the results you can achieve, I am sure our tastebuds will cahnge constantly and hopefully it will soon become palatable.

Although I am not so sure with the chicken soup, had that last night and OMG, I was gagging!

If you give up you will only kick yourself later on.

Hi Pink,

If you divide your packs in two and have six mini meals throughout the day for the first week instead of three, this should help.

The high sensitivity to the vitamins is making you gag and usually this can be an indication you are low in vitamins.

Also, if you drink a small glass of water before taking your shake it will help to dilute the taste.

Just remember to make each half up fresh as the some of the vitamins are water soluble and they don't keep longer than 15 to 20 minutes...

Hope this helps.

Love Mini xxx

Thank you everyone for your replies.

I am not going to break it NO WAY and dividing the shakes into 2 sounds a brilliant idea never even occured to me to do that. I had my first shake at 10.30am this morning and its now 3.40pm and I dont even want one as the thought of it is even making me heave and plus I feel fantastic otherwise today, so dividing it is a fantastic idea.

As far as making them into a moose, I done this on a previous attempt at lipo and even tho I was the same (felt like i was eating something and totally loved it) I found I was actually starving after eating them in moose form, so not sure if you are tricking your brain and then that starts the hunger off or having it as a shake is more filling.

One final note, the chicken soup OMG I tried this when I first went onto lipo and I have never tasted anything so vile in all my life. Even the smell of that first time around had me retching, I do be amazed that some people actually love it. Another tip, the flapjacks are totally gross as well like chewing on burnt cardboard and I also found when having these I wanted to carry on eating.

So in my opinion sticking with the shakes is the best option anything that even makes you attempt to chew starts the hunger off again (well that is what I found).

Thanks again this board is a life saver :D

Hi all,

I had my 4th weigh in today and wasn't happy at all. Lost only 2lbs this week. Admittedly I've had no motion this week and senokot max strength did not help either. Dulcolax works for me but i can't find the dulcolax pearls anywhere and i understand that I can't have the tablets as they are sugar coated. I called the chemist up on tuesday about this and they ordered some fibre clear which i got today when i went for my WI.

I think the reason i only lost 2lbs is probably coz i've been constipated this week so hopefully it will get better next week. :cry:

I find i've had to force myself to have the shakes this week only coz I'm not hungry (i quite like the shakes and flapjacks).

I have been drinking a lot of water - between 3.5 - 4.5 litres a day and i workout/swim/yoga atleast 3-4 times a week. I asked the chemist what was wrong then coz my losses have been pretty low. Here's what i found out:

I normally have my first shake around 11 and then the 2nd and 3rd in the evening quite close together - probably a couple of hours between each shake. The pharmacist said i should spread them evenly and also that i should have my first shake when I normally would have breakfast i.e. 9am as it kick starts my metabolism. I sure hope he is right as I will be doing this from tomorrow and spacing them out as breki, lunch and dinner times.

Has anyone else been told this about shake / meal times? I am pretty disappointed with my weight loss this week considering i've stuck to the plan. :cry:

Welcome! Headaches will pass. God I had awful ones but then when you think you are detoxing from everything! Sugar, carbs, caffine, alcohol!!!! It is hardly surprising! Take some paracetemol.

Keep posting girl! It really does help pass the time and get you through weak moments!

Thanks for the kind words..............
day 3 today i think ketosis has set in i feel great!!!!!!!!!!!:D

just had to drive back from homebase, stuck in traffic with OH eating a massive burger king whopper...........but honestly didn't bother me as much as i thought it would........

just keep thinking what do i want more....food......or to be slim.........

xxxx

Hi all,

I had my 4th weigh in today and wasn't happy at all. Lost only 2lbs this week. Admittedly I've had no motion this week and senokot max strength did not help either. Dulcolax works for me but i can't find the dulcolax pearls anywhere and i understand that I can't have the tablets as they are sugar coated. I called the chemist up on tuesday about this and they ordered some fibre clear which i got today when i went for my WI.

I think the reason i only lost 2lbs is probably coz i've been constipated this week so hopefully it will get better next week. :cry:

I find i've had to force myself to have the shakes this week only coz I'm not hungry (i quite like the shakes and flapjacks).

I have been drinking a lot of water - between 3.5 - 4.5 litres a day and i workout/swim/yoga atleast 3-4 times a week. I asked the chemist what was wrong then coz my losses have been pretty low. Here's what i found out:

I normally have my first shake around 11 and then the 2nd and 3rd in the evening quite close together - probably a couple of hours between each shake. The pharmacist said i should spread them evenly and also that i should have my first shake when I normally would have breakfast i.e. 9am as it kick starts my metabolism. I sure hope he is right as I will be doing this from tomorrow and spacing them out as breki, lunch and dinner times.

Has anyone else been told this about shake / meal times? I am pretty disappointed with my weight loss this week considering i've stuck to the plan. :cry:
Hey cheer up :D

Look back at your previous losses plus TOTM etc. Lipo gaurentees a stone a month and in the first month most people lose the stone normally within the first 2 weeks so it has to be balanced out somewhere god I hope I am making sense here.

If you put your 4 weeks together you will see that no matter how little you lose in certain weeks it will nearly always add up to the stone within the 4 weeks!!!

You will probably find you will have another big loss in a week or 2. This is why I asked my chemist to give me a final total weight loss at the end of the 4 weeks cause it used to totally kill me the weeks I would just lose the odd 2lb and all I used to think was "why am i paying a fortune to lose only 2lb" but I would find the next week it would be 4 or 5lb. I always look at 2lb as a bag of sugar and that feels heavy when you think about it.

keep going;)

O word of warning from previous experience, i took ducolax the last time i was on lipo and nearly ended up in hospital with servere pains. It must have been cause there was nothing to pass so bowel was just contracting etc. so please be careful. Hope you dont mind passing on my previous experiences on lipo.

just had to drive back from homebase, stuck in traffic with OH eating a massive burger king whopper...........but honestly didn't bother me as much as i thought it would........
xxxx

I would have thrown him out of the car!!! But then it is no wonder I am single!!! :D

Hi all,

I had my 4th weigh in today and wasn't happy at all. Lost only 2lbs this week. Admittedly I've had no motion this week and senokot max strength did not help either.

No bloody wonder woman!!!! I take a VERY heaped teaspoon of fibreclear in each shake and 4 senecot every 1/2 nights. I now have normal bowel movements. Take whatever it takes to make it work hun.......this :sick0019: is NOT good!! But also a loss is a loss and most people seem to get a really good one after a bad one so fingers crossed!!!

For Pink380 & Sara4

For Pink380 & Sara4:

Thanx so much for the tips - I took a heaped teaspoon of fibre clear in my 2 shakes yesterday (3rd one was a bar) and i've just had my first shake this morning with fibreclear as well. Hopefully it will get better :)

wow - i didn't know i could take more than 1 senokot a night - i'm gona try 2 tonight and see if it works. But I think pink380 is right - don't wana risk the dulcolax if there is nothing to pass through.. don't wana end up in hospital - do keep the tips coming please - thats one of the reasons i'm here :)

I'm really hoping i'll lose more next week as i'll be taking the shakes at regular intervals now and with fibreclear and senokot - and you're right i should look at it as having lost over a stone in a month..

Heres to another week.. Thanx a lot for your support and tips - this forum really keeps me going xx

Its my first day i am new to this all

Hi to everyone here. its my first day today. I got the weigh in and i was shocked to find the true reason my jeans dont fit.. 16st 6lbs. I cant blame the washing machine any longer.
But this time i am determined to do it properly. i am in a new relationship and though i know he accepts me the way i am, i dont want my insecurities to get in the way of a good relationship so i have to take control of my body. I have never had self control, but this time i will do my best.
Thanks for all the great posts, the only question is how do you deal with the bad breath?? must i carry a tooth brush everywhere i go?

Thx:)

Last edited:
Advice please new member

Well it took a lot for me to square up to my weight gain over the years but there comes a time in life where you need to stop hiding and go do something about your problems .To this end I reckon I need to lose about two and a half stone or lose my confidence completely.I've took the bull by the horns and came to a female dominated forum which has inspired me not just about losing weight but about women.
I wanted to start the Lipotrim diet last Monday but there was no one at the listed chemist to help ,so I starved myself that day and found another chemist who could send me on this journey on Tuesday morning.Since then I have strictly kept to the diet but it was hard at times smelling food from all quaters during the week .
Had the headaches etc but this forum is a Bible of experience and reference.
Its Saturday and I think I can stay on the diet for a while .I need advice please.On the 24th of June I'm going to Milan to see Springsteen but want to enjoy the three days ,so that will invlove drinking.So I can keep on this diet for another 16 or so days.
What advice can you give me please ?
Do I opt out on the 23rd and back or go on maintainance just before .Thanks in advance.

Well it took a lot for me to square up to my weight gain over the years but there comes a time in life where you need to stop hiding and go do something about your problems .To this end I reckon I need to lose about two and a half stone or lose my confidence completely.I've took the bull by the horns and came to a female dominated forum which has inspired me not just about losing weight but about women.
I wanted to start the Lipotrim diet last Monday but there was no one at the listed chemist to help ,so I starved myself that day and found another chemist who could send me on this journey on Tuesday morning.Since then I have strictly kept to the diet but it was hard at times smelling food from all quaters during the week .
Had the headaches etc but this forum is a Bible of experience and reference.
Its Saturday and I think I can stay on the diet for a while .I need advice please.On the 24th of June I'm going to Milan to see Springsteen but want to enjoy the three days ,so that will invlove drinking.So I can keep on this diet for another 16 or so days.
What advice can you give me please ?
Do I opt out on the 23rd and back or go on maintainance just before .Thanks in advance.

Welcome hun! First weigh in is just around the corner! You will be SO pleased just wait and see! Now I am not an expert with this.....I have opted for the live like a hermit till the diet is done route. So in relation to your dilema about traveling to the Springstein concert (lucky bug**r by the way), all I can say is alcohol is defo out while on this in fact it is VERY dangerous while on TFR.

Now whether you should stop or swop to maintneance some of the others will answer better for you. But if you don't get much of a reply here post it as a topic on the other part of the Lipotrim Forum (further down). I think it is read much more.

Anyway keep at it and lets know how you get on.

Now whether you should stop or swop to maintneance some of the others will answer better for you. But if you don't get much of a reply here post it as a topic on the other part of the Lipotrim Forum (further down). I think it is read much more.

I have a bit of experience on lipo and I would recommend refeeding a week before you go so you dont pile on what you lost. Have a word with chemist I am sure they will advise the same.

Be warned, I dont know if anyone can back me up on this, but if you are going well on it and its your first time, to come off it and to think you can just carry on when you are over your hols etc will leave you in total shock. I am sure others will back me up here, once you do lipo and break it, its so hard to go back onto it. I am saying this cause over 2 year ago i done lipo felt fantastic lost 3 stone its has taken me over 2 year again for my body to accept lipo and that was after giving my body a good 8 month break from the last time I tried it.

I am on day 4 now and feeling fantastic and this was the perfect time for me to re-start as I have nothing planned now until August so nothing can interupt me doing this as I only know to well once you break it, its near impossible to go back onto it straight away.

Good luck.

Hi to all,

Could someone help me please........ Done a ketosis test yesterday and it went a dark pink....done one this morning and it didn't change.....i haven't eaten a thing since i started on tuesday. Also i had my last shake at 9pm last night and i couldn't sleep, is there anything in the shakes that would keep you awake, like caffine....my heart was racing and i couldn't keep still.

Thanks for listening
xx

Hi to all,

Could someone help me please........ Done a ketosis test yesterday and it went a dark pink....done one this morning and it didn't change.....i haven't eaten a thing since i started on tuesday. Also i had my last shake at 9pm last night and i couldn't sleep, is there anything in the shakes that would keep you awake, like caffine....my heart was racing and i couldn't keep still.

Thanks for listening
xx

Hi there, I dont know much about the ketosis thing I have never tested myself. As far as cant sleep, well I dont really struggle but I do find I have so much more energy when doing lipo and could keep going for hours with housework etc till late at night. It just proves to me that all the sh*t I was eating was making me so lazy and tired etc.

As far as the heart racing could this not be due to withdrawing from certain things like chocolate, caffine etc. Not too sure on this one either but its a thought. If it continues I would definately go back to chemist to get checked. Lipo does not suit everyone and even tho I did it 2 year ago with brilliant success, when I tried to go back on it one time, my blood pressure was very low and was causing me to nearly faint.

It is probably just your body adjusting but get yourself checked just in case:)

Day 4 for me and feel fantastic, I am so glad I gave myself a good 8 month break from attempting it again.

Good luck

Hi EmmaLou,

Nicki is the best one to tell you about ketosis but I'm sure you still are in it. Your ketostix should not be dark pink, if it is it means you are not drinking enough. You need to drink plenty to help wash out the ketones (I think) and, once you are in ketosis you should only turn the stick light pink. I'm sure Nicki will give you more info in a mo.

Good luck.

x

Hi to all,

Thanks for listening
xx

Hi Emmalou,

As far as I understand if you're doing the test first thing in the morning it wil be dark pink if you are in ketosis. if its dark it means you need to be drinking more but I think if you try it later in the day it should be lighter if you are drinking enough water. Hope this helps.

I had trouble sleeping in my first week. I used to be up til 2am and was up again before 7 in the morning - funny thing is i was still active and didnt feel sleepy during the day. It settled down from week 2 though and I now get a good night's sleep :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back