Lipotrim 2008!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a bit of experience on lipo and I would recommend refeeding a week before you go so you dont pile on what you lost. Have a word with chemist I am sure they will advise the same.

Be warned, I dont know if anyone can back me up on this, but if you are going well on it and its your first time, to come off it and to think you can just carry on when you are over your hols etc will leave you in total shock. I am sure others will back me up here, once you do lipo and break it, its so hard to go back onto it. I am saying this cause over 2 year ago i done lipo felt fantastic lost 3 stone its has taken me over 2 year again for my body to accept lipo and that was after giving my body a good 8 month break from the last time I tried it.

I am on day 4 now and feeling fantastic and this was the perfect time for me to re-start as I have nothing planned now until August so nothing can interupt me doing this as I only know to well once you break it, its near impossible to go back onto it straight away.

Good luck.

Hi Pink380 - need some help please - I'm going away for a week at the end of June. I'll have been on LT for 7 weeks by then and really don't want to break the diet but i know it won't be easy while i'm on holiday. I asked my chemist if i could have 2 shakes a day and 1 light meal whilst i'm away and he said that was fine. But he also said it would be difficult to get back on tfr after i'm back. My response was if i could do it when i started the diet i'll be able to do it when i'm back.

What i didnt realise until i read your post is that it will be more difficult to get back on tfr after i'm back - is this correct? Will it be more difficult than the first time round - even though i'll have done it for 7 weeks and will still be having 2 shakes and a small meal while i'm away? Not sure what to do now - is it that hard to go back on tfr even if i'll have low/no carbs - just chicken and salads? any help would be appreceiated.. thanx x

Hi Pink380 - need some help please - I'm going away for a week at the end of June. I'll have been on LT for 7 weeks by then and really don't want to break the diet but i know it won't be easy while i'm on holiday. I asked my chemist if i could have 2 shakes a day and 1 light meal whilst i'm away and he said that was fine. But he also said it would be difficult to get back on tfr after i'm back. My response was if i could do it when i started the diet i'll be able to do it when i'm back.

What i didnt realise until i read your post is that it will be more difficult to get back on tfr after i'm back - is this correct? Will it be more difficult than the first time round - even though i'll have done it for 7 weeks and will still be having 2 shakes and a small meal while i'm away? Not sure what to do now - is it that hard to go back on tfr even if i'll have low/no carbs - just chicken and salads? any help would be appreceiated.. thanx x

Hi there, right first of all let me tell you I have never been on it for a few weeks and then had to go away for a few days hols etc and try and go back on it. My problem was when I first did it I lost 3 stone in 8 weeks, refed and then went on to a totally healthy way of eating and carried on losing on my own. Like us all my bad habbits started to slip and became bad again and the 3 stone was back on within a matter of 6 months. It was after this that I tried and tried for months with a few weeks break here and there to try and get going on it again and my body was having none of it.

What I do know, and my chemist had said that loads of people have said this, is that when you come off it and even if you eat healthy etc, when its time to return to it, its like your body is saying "oh no not this again" and it puts up a real fight. Hope this is making sense.

From what I have learnt from friends etc, if you need to break it for a week or so for hols etc, you should be fine sticking to protein etc so you dont put any weight back on. Its the going back onto it that seems near impossible as you will probably go through all the symtoms like you did in week one but alot worse which in turn makes you give up.

Our bodies are very clever and I have tried and tried many times to get onto it again within the last 2 years and each time it brought on a new symptom and my body was just not having any of it. So this time I have had to stay well clear of it for 8 months solid and my body seems to be taken to it again.

Im sorry if this sounds really confusing but it seems to be a proven thing that to go back onto it after a break is a total killer. Maybe there is someone out there that can prove this wrong but I have yet to find someone who took a weeks break and went back onto it without a bother. Even the chemists are backing this up as you have already said, your chemist has already told you this. The thing about having 2 shakes and one meal is, it all sounds great but once you eat a meal, you will want another and another. I tried doing this of several occasions on my attempts to go back onto it and it was more greedy I was getting.

Good luck, I dont know what to suggest, when I was on it first time I had a 4 day holiday with a load of girls, I never broke it but it was the most miserable holiday I ever had :cry:

All I can say to you is, if you can find the strenght to stay on it whilst on holiday you will be so proud of yourself instead of having to go through all the symptoms yet again for your body to only reject the lipo the next time around.

Good luck

Thanx Pink - that's really helpful.. And what you say makes total sense. The timing for this holiday is really bad. I wasn't expecting to go on holiday until august by when i would have lost all the weight but hubby decided he wants another holiday so its really out of the blue :(

I think i'll try and stick to it as much as possible while i'm away. I'll defo keep away from carbs and sugar including fruit, juice and drinks diet or otherwise - its just gona be water all the way. Hope I manage.

I know what you mean about wanting more once i start eating - i'm really worried about that as well - coz i'm not very good at self-control :eek: and that's why i'm not doing any refeeding before i go - i'm sort of trying to keep that week as a kind of re-feed as i will be following the refeed plan and then come back to tfr again. Its all so easy to say / type but when it comes to the crunch i duno if i'll ave the will power - and like u say - it may actually be easier to stick to tfr and remain in ketosis (just don't wana be miserable if i do this).

Right - i best get back to studying - have an exam in 3 weeks and the only time i miss snacking is when i'm studying! (even though i'm not hungry! - its all mind over matter! really hope i stick to it after i lose the weight - i mean studyin without snacking).

Thanx a mil for the quick response.. xx

Morning all, Thanks for all your responses. Found yesterday really difficult but managed to get through it with help from all these wonderful posts and encouragement.
Today is day 5 for me, can't believe i've got this far, i normally give up after 2 days. I'm feeling good today, need to crack on and do something had a lazy day yesterday, think thats why i found it hard going.
Keep up the good work everyone and keep posting x x x

Hiya Newstarter,

I did Lipo last year on tfr and lost about 3 stone. For about 2 weeks after stopping I did 2 shakes and a protein and greens meal. I was leaving the US after 3 yrs there and had loads of dinner parties to wish us luck. I drank then went back on TFR for another 3 weeks and then to refeed. Now and then I also had a few nuts. Once this was over it was not a problem going on the shake again in the evening. I am different in that I love the chicken soup and I just put chili or curry in it at the evening and had it when the family were having their meal. I lost a few lbs still on the diet and once I went back onto tfr, I stuck rigidly to it for another half a stone loss. I was like Pink, fantastic for a while eating healthy and exercising etc. But, once Christmas came, I threw caution to the wind and filled face for about 6 weeks. Then the nightmare began, could do maybe two of the shakes and then I'd try just a bit of chicken or just a bit of ham and before I knew it I was back binging on carbs again. This time it has been far easier. I'm on day 7 and I have a big lunch today and I have no intention of breaking it... God help me. I have been so energetic and I am in trousers that wouldn't close on me last wkend. As long as u keep the carbs away, totally, I think you will be fine. It is the carbs and their taste that sets the craving in motion. You just have to stick with the program away and not weaken, especially as you have done so so well.

Good luck and have a fun hols.

Colly

Thanx Colly. I'll defo keep away from the carbs. Its always carbs that let me down and i think the best thing is to try and stick to the diet as much as i can and perhaps have a light no-carbs - just chicken and salad meal now and again. Perhaps bbq chicken as it will taste better and is healthier than kfc! (I'm not craving any foods but i know once i'm on holiday and see hubby eating its gona be a struggle). I may even come online when i'm away a couple of times - just to keep me going :)

Thanx all for your support and tips.. x

Hi all day 5 nearly over for me and I feel fantastic. I am convinced its these vitimans I am taking along with the lipo. I have never felt so well on it :D

I had about an hour or so today of pure torture. We were out with the kids all day and it came to FEEDING TIME, they hopped into mcdonalds with their dad and I sat in the car, I was sort of feeling a bit on edge and knew if I had sat in there it would have killed me. Mind you watching everyone come out with the take-aways was not easy either :cry:

I am so proud of myself. Its amazing, it takes a hell of a lot of willpower for an hour or so but its well worth it as the horrible moments dont last long.

Keep it up everyone. The energy I have is fantastic.

hi so glad everyone is doing well. i spent the day out today. i was gone for 8 hours and knew i couldn't last so i had a shake before i left the house for breakfast and brought have a shake with me to have when i was out. have to say when it came to the buffet i would have loved something, but me and my shake survived and had a great day out even though i did get a bit sunburnt. no longer hungry at all. do feel i get tired quicker than normal.day 11 over and tomorrow is day 12 doesn't feel like i've been on it nearly 12 days and i can already see a obvious weight loss even my sister has noticed it. i do not like the vanilla at all am going to bring them back cos even with coffee they are still awful.
pink well done that was some temptation today. good ol macdonalds. fair play to you. i don't think i could have sat in the car cos i'd still smell the food. no i'd have abandoned the car gone for a stroll or bought myself a treat like a face cream or bubble bath. thats what i do when i go shopping now. i buy loads of bottle of water and something to pamper myself i want to try treat myself with things other than food. i used to always treat myself with food....oh its been a tough day (chinese) oh its friday(pizza) but no more!!! my treats from now on will be healthy... todays treat was a nice candle.
keep up the good work...remember one day at a time x

Well guys - huge blowout yesterday - HUGE. I didn't feel as guilty as I usually do because I just bloody started again this morning. I had most of the day as good as gold and was even spouting to you newstarter about how strong I was feeling. However, I should have known I get too cocky. Served up lovely antipasta plate to guest over lunch and bbq chicken, burger etc. Anyway decided I'd just have fish as didn't want to be so obvious I was having nothing. Anyway, binge city followed. Back on today, drinking water to beat the band and please God I will stay with it now. I was 4 lbs up this morning sooooooo gotta get right in there again. I will not allow the guilt to get me into food mode but will keep at it again - one day at a time as u say honeybelle.

Colly

Hi everyone, i'm on my 4th day of LT and i'm doing ok I think, got over the worst with headaches, but haven't experienced hungar which is what I was really worried about but my god I don't think I've ever drank so much water in life haha but well worth i'm feeling brilliant and keep reminding myself of the lovely trousers I have in the cupboard, I'm desperate to fit into them again. I've never been good at diet's and always gave up after 2 days but I'm proud i've got this far, my weigh first weigh in will be the one that keeps me going. I've found that reading all your great supportive message to each other is a big help too, just makes me want to keep going, plus my Mum is giving me a tenner for every stone I lose, can't be bad haha

I had about an hour or so today of pure torture. We were out with the kids all day and it came to FEEDING TIME, they hopped into mcdonalds with their dad and I sat in the car, I was sort of feeling a bit on edge and knew if I had sat in there it would have killed me. Mind you watching everyone come out with the take-aways was not easy either :cry:

I am so proud of myself. Its amazing, it takes a hell of a lot of willpower for an hour or so but its well worth it as the horrible moments dont last long.

Keep it up everyone. The energy I have is fantastic.

Well done Pink! Go you! I know I find that the hardest - I don't have kids but when we're out with friends and everyone wants to eat I find it really tough and most of the time i'll take my car even if hubby's taking his so i can just feign ill and leave when they wana go out to eat. But I'm sure its even tougher to deal with everyday with kids and meals.. keep it up :D

Well near the end of day 6 for me. Must say I had a couple of moments today when I thought "hmmmm I would love something" but they soon passed. I am feeling really positive (like I did 2 year ago when i lost 3 stone) so I am just hoping it continues.

My first weigh in is on thursday but I have asked chemist to give me a total at the end of 4 weeks, a weekly one can get me down at times. I have cheated a little about weighing myself and according to my scales I have about 6lb gone in 6 days so I suppose that is about right. Beleive it or not the first time I did this I had lost 11lbs the first week but this has never ever happened to me since. Very strange indeed. Its always been about the 8lb for the first week since trying to go back onto it after my first attempt 2 year ago.

Keep shaking everyone. :)

Hi Colly
Ok you had a bad day theres nothing you can do about that one. put it behind you we all slip from time to time. the difference between getting to your goal and not getting to it is not getting up after you slip. so up you get and keep going :) take every day you stick to the diet as a success. keep to it today and woo hoo you're back on track :) you can do it x

made it thru 1st week!

Hi everyone, just completed my first week on Lipotrim (LT). Recorded a loss of 5lb (2.3kg) at my weigh-in today. Feeling very positive about it all. Did struggle a bit over the last few days -headaches, irritability, and quite tired in the evenings. Found the milkshakes quite nice actually, despite the opinion of some that they aren't. Drinking lots of water took some getting used to but now I'm actually desiring to drink more. Got 3 stone to lose (approx. 20kg), so aiming to do it over a 3 month period, then refeed and maintain.
It's been very encouraging reading others' experiences here. I'd say to anyone thinking about starting LT, DON'T start till you've made a firm commitment in your mind. I had a whole week to think about it, drew up tables and charts of how much I'd lose per week on LT, and how long it would take me to get to my target weight, thought of how good I'd feel and look, all the health benefits, the clothes I could wear comfortably, etc.
I must admit, a couple of days before I started I did pig out and ate cake like it was going out of fashion!, but by the time I started I was truly ready.
If you can, get someone else to join you, it does help to have all the support you can get. Otherwise, go online, and check out LT user forums like this where you can be encouraged.
I thought about cheating but decided against it -I'd only feel worse once ketosis was blocked, and I d feel miserable. The feeling of being in control is great and far outweighs the pleasure of a meal whilst on LT. Also, the thought of dropping and starting again and going through carbohydrate withdrawal, etc, is enough of a deterrent. If you have cheated already, don't despair! You gotta learn to walk before you can run. The success of sticking to it for one day feels so good that you'd feel motivated to do it again the next day.
Something else that helped me this first week, is keeping a diary. Mine's on my PC as a Word document. I love rushing back to it at the end) or sometimes middle) of the day to record my thoughts and feelings, and to look at my weekly target weight loss. Today I was so glad to record my 2.3kg loss which beat my target 1.5kg weight loss for the 1st week.
About the feelings of hunger, I did get these a bit i the first couple of days -rumbling tummy, but mainly just before my next milkshake was due. Now I don't feel pangs but I am aware when my next milkshake is due. Felt really good being able to give our children their dinner without picking or eating some myself. Even felt quite OK out at a restaurant with my sweet husband, just drinking black tea with sweeteners and then my milkshake.
If you are serious and maybe desperate to lose weight I'd recommend this. As someone else said "You've got nothing to lose but the weight!"
I'll be back :);)

colly
thrilled for you. it can be harder sometime to correct the mistakes and to be able to get back on track shows your willpoer and determination. you go girl:bliss:

Hi girls,

Well I am afraid to say I have given up :cry:

I just cant make head nor tale of this diet ever since I lost the 3 stone 2 year ago. At that time I flew it without a bother no symptoms nothing for the 8 weeks I was on it.

For the last 2 years each time I try to go on it my body just really shuts down and no matter what willpower I seem to have the symtoms take over in the end. I just dont think its possible to do this diet second time around. Has anyone managed to???? would love to hear. I can manage 2 to 3 weeks at the most before I start to feel really bad and that seems to be it.

Yesterday I was feeling a bit depressed on and off during the day. I knew it was going to get the better of me cause when I opened my eyes yesterday morning the first thing I thought was "I would love some breakfast" and nearly cried, but it passed. This kept happening on and off throughout the day. It really upset me cause after 6 days surely you should be thinking less of food not all of a sudden wanting it after 6 days!!!! Anyway I kept up my strenght thinking all this would pass.

From about 4 yesterday evening I started to feel really unwell, very tired, pains in my eyes and every muscle totally ached in my body. All this after feeling fantastic for nearly 6 full days. It made me stop and think "is this diet really safe".

Anyway I lasted up until 7pm snapping at the kids and hubby etc and daughter told me how awful I looked all of a sudden, very dark under my eyes etc. So as much as it killed me I said "enough is enough". I have tried so many times now since my 3 stone loss 2 year ago and its just not working. The sad thing is, its not the lack of willpower, its the way my body is feeling, it just does not feel healthy. As you seen from my other posts I was feeling on top of the world, felt totally fantastic and then to go totally downhill all of a shot does not sound right to me and its actually scaring me a bit to tell you the truth.

I am going to try and stick to healthy diet and if I struggle then my next step is to cut my portions. I do think the secret to good weight loss is WATER so now that I have been drinking gallons of it for 6 days solid I am in the routine of it and will keep it up.

I am so gutted folks but I think health has to come first. I may be overweight but I dont feel sick with it compared to when I try to do this diet.

This diet works guys and if its your first time on it stick with it and then when its time to finish it try everything in your power to maintain it cause I cant be the only person on this planet who's body is just rejecting lipotrim time and time again.

Take care all, I will keep checking on your progress and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

:wave_cry:

Hi pink380
I'm so sorry to hear that! You poor thing. At least you know that you do have the willpower, and you're not just giving up on a whim!
You should definitely listen to your body!! Do you have less weight to lose now or is anything else different?
Thanks for posting, it's great for all us 1st timers to know we can't jump on and off LT! I am seriously reconsidering my plan to take a 2 month break half way through. My original rational was to have a few weeks of summer socialising normally, and practice maintenance. But those seem tiny benefits compared to the problems you're having!
Have you considered replacing 2 meals and dinner like in Day1 of refeed?
Or try lighter life, or Cambridge, I think Cambridge eases you into it gradually over a week, reducing your calories every day, your body might respond better to that!

Best of luck with whatever diet works for you.

*Hug* :hug99:

Hi pink380
I'm so sorry to hear that! You poor thing. At least you know that you do have the willpower, and you're not just giving up on a whim!
You should definitely listen to your body!! Do you have less weight to lose now or is anything else different?
Thanks for posting, it's great for all us 1st timers to know we can't jump on and off LT! I am seriously reconsidering my plan to take a 2 month break half way through. My original rational was to have a few weeks of summer socialising normally, and practice maintenance. But those seem tiny benefits compared to the problems you're having!
Have you considered replacing 2 meals and dinner like in Day1 of refeed?
Or try lighter life, or Cambridge, I think Cambridge eases you into it gradually over a week, reducing your calories every day, your body might respond better to that!

Best of luck with whatever diet works for you.

*Hug* :hug99:
Hi there, thanks for the reply.

I actually have more to lose. I actually lost 3 that time and I am now 4 stone heavier. Its all my own fault no one elses. I have an awful craving for sugar. I can actually do the healthy eating but then cant get enough of chocolate so when on lipo it detoxs me and I feel great but when healthy eating, even a banana will set me off looking for something sweet :cry:

I actually suffer with PCOS and craving the sugar etc is all part of it so that dont help.

I was feeling so ill yesterday I actually logged onto somewhere by accident and was reading for a good hour or so everyones opinions on lipotrim and they were not good!!! As my chemist always said to me, the diet is actually the EASY part its the maintaining it that needs unbelievable willpower!!!

I really dont know what is up, its just like my body is saying YOU ARE NOT DOING THIS TO ME AGAIN and I am telling you the symptoms are just outrageous. I can cope with the odd headache but when the depression sets in and snapping at the kids and then every organ in your body seems to be suffering, that is when it just becomes too much for me and it scares me. The last time I did this I was on it nearly 10 days and felt great and then took a ducolax, I was totally doubled over for hours and hours. We were just about to head to the hospital when it eased off. It really scared me at what damage I could have done and came off it that time as well.

I really wanted it to work this time as I had a miscarriage in April and want to try again but just wanted to get maybe only 2 stone off to help me on my way.

To say I am gutted is an understatement. Please stick with it, dont take any breaks if you can. I have given my body a total 8 month break before trying this time and I really thought my body was ok with it again but obviously it was not :cry:

Good luck with it I will keep reading all the posts to see how you are all getting on.

IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS GONE BACK ON LIPO AFTER A FEW MONTHS BREAK AND IS SUCEEDING, PLEASE LET ME KNOW AS I AM CONVINCED THIS IS NEAR IMPOSSIBLE TO DO!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back