Lipotrim and Family to feed - does it work

Trash

Still fighting
Hi Peeps

I'm thinking of trying LT but am wondering if I can do it succesfully as I have a husband and two grown children to shop and cook for??

Anyone else managed/managing ok with this?

T

Yeah, my tip would be to avoid cooking as much as u can in the 1st few days but after will be much easier! I used to love cooking when I did LT all my friends loved it, used to make all sorts of lovely stuff!!

I didnt have any problems cooking for hubby and 3 teenagers when I did Lipotrim. In fact, I quite enjoyed it!

Thanks MrsB

Its def gonna be a tester but like you said if I stay away from food and kitch for first week then hopefully it will get easier and like you I may even like the buzz of cooking food for others whilst not having any myself! :eek:

I see you lost 6 stone with LT WOW how long did that take you?

Hey, I never had to cook when on LT but in the month or so before coming off it when I was preparing what kind of things I'd eat etc,i used to cook for all my housemates and my mam when practising low cal meals. i really enjoyed it and so did they!
x

I really admire anyone who can cook whilst on LT. I have done a bit over Christmas but don't think I could have managed when I first started. If your kids are grown why can't they and your hubby support you fully by seeing to themselves for a bit?

Good luck

Jon
xx

Yup as everyone said.. avoid avoid avoid for the first few weeks!

But after that I loved cooking and smelling the food while to cooked!

And actually used to watch people eat it to see them enjoy it haha!

Hiya

I didnt and dont have a problem cooking at all.....in fact, cooked a lovely meal yesterday for my hubby....but everyone is different.

I have no option as my husband hasnt much clue in the kitchen and I just would never allow him to go hungry..he would start eating rubbish and I dont want that.

I believe it is achievable..I have known people with small children and lost 6 stone on LT...so, all is do-able, it just depends whether it is for you.

If it helps, then yes, stay out of the kitchen for the first few days, but you just have to decide for yourself, and no doubt realistically you will have to start cooking for the family ;-)

Good luck though and do hope you decide to start and that cooking becomes enjoyable.

Hi Trash,

When I first started LT, I avoided the kitchen and food for the first week, but after that I found it much easier and really enjoyable cooking for others. Lots of people on Lipotrim have found that they now love to cook for others, when they previously didn't, like myself

Clair x

It took me about 4½ months I think, Felt absolutly fab after the 1st week or 10 days too! So want that feeling again!:D

Thanks MrsB

Its def gonna be a tester but like you said if I stay away from food and kitch for first week then hopefully it will get easier and like you I may even like the buzz of cooking food for others whilst not having any myself! :eek:

I see you lost 6 stone with LT WOW how long did that take you?

Like everyone says the first week is hard , I remeber sobbing as I did the online shop as I knew I wouldnt be eating any of the lovely food I was ordering .... but it get easier and to be honest I love cooking now , where I used to hate it before i started LT !!! I love cooking it and find it much easier if I sit at the table and have my shake whilst the family eat .... I also like to sniff the food ... its weird but as I have cooked it , and I sit there and smell it .. I can imagine what it tastes like .. and it feels like I have had some ... I find it much harder avoiding food .. its like being part of the meal is enough .
But it is very do-able , I cook for other half and my 3 yr old everyday and am just weaning my baby so am constantly making some sort of food :)
If you are determined enough .. its an amazing way of loosing weight :) Good luck

Thanks so much everyone for your replies and brilliant input!

Def helps and the answer is YES it is acheivable to still be able to shop and cook the food without giving in! :D x

Thanks so much everyone for your replies and brilliant input!

Def helps and the answer is YES it is acheivable to still be able to shop and cook the food without giving in! :D x

Great determination Trash!!!!!!! Just what you need for LT...go for it girl.

YES I am doing CD and cook every day for my husband and two year old daughter.
Since starting the diet I find I have become a bit obsessed with cooking, watching cookery programmes and even reading cook books.
How strange am I!!!

YES I am doing CD and cook every day for my husband and two year old daughter.
Since starting the diet I find I have become a bit obsessed with cooking, watching cookery programmes and even reading cook books.
How strange am I!!!

lol Maro at least your keeping your hand in :p

Back