Lipotrim to Atkins

Discussion in 'Lipotrim Forum' started by Maka, 11 June 2008 Social URL.

1. Maka

Maka A New Woman

Start Weight:
    173lb
    Current Weight:
    157lb
    Goal Weight:
    150lb
    Lost(%):
    16lb(9.25%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    Can you switch from TFR to Atkins and still lose weight?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Sara4

Sara4 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I think Shaz did it! But I am clueless on different diets!

4. scazman

scazman Full Member

Start Weight:
    26st2lb
    Current Weight:
    26st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    TFR
    I must admit I've wondered the same thing. I'm going on a month long trip to Zambia and Botswana in August and I will need to come off LT during that time. I will do maintenance for a week or so before I go but whilst away I will probably do Atkins. I do need advice about the best strategy to take though as I don't wanna mess up my current successes!

5. Maka

Maka A New Woman

Start Weight:
    173lb
    Current Weight:
    157lb
    Goal Weight:
    150lb
    Lost(%):
    16lb(9.25%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    Thanks Sara. I found Shazpaz's post and she was doing something like 2 packs and 1 low-carb meal a day. I wonder whether that was low-fat too...we can only benefit from low-fat, can't we? I'm now miserable on TFR - just a little meat would do me good. I don't want to do CD cos I don't want the counselling involved.

6. Sara4

Sara4 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I am fed up with it too! Week 7 weigh inthis fri and I have decided if I lose less than 3lbs then I am refeeding. If I lose more than 3lbs then I will do one more week tfr and then refeed! Can't wait! But I still want to get to goal soooo.....I am going to try maintenance. Most seem to lose 2-3lbs a week doing it. 2 shakes a day wouldn't bother me at all if I could have a low fat meal!

I truly admire those that stick tfr for long periods! I am not a big meat eater so I don't think Atkins would suit me! But I would be interested in what you find out. I am sure Shaz did Atkins before she swapped to low carb?????

7. Spacepig

Spacepig Member

Diet:
    Lipotrim
    I've been reading up on Ketosis, and from what I've read you should be able to switch. Try to keep the fats to a minimum or your body will start using the ingesteed fats rather than your own and keep drinking as much water as possible (maybe a problem in zambia) as the main problem with all very low carb diets is that the acid level of the blood can rise causing liver and kidney damage if you don't flush out the acetone produced by the liver.

Peter

8. Shazpaz

Shazpaz Regular Member

Diet:
    South Beach
    Hi guys,

Yep I did do Atkins, but I know a few who have switched and found it difficult. I first switched to CD and had a low carb meal in the evenings, but am no good at weighing everything and got fed up of CD. I was practically at goal when I went on Atkins and I wanted to stay in ketosis, but if you read the 'low carb diet' forum, some have found it difficult and didn't lose as much weight. I'd just read that forum and see how others found it.

Good luck guys xx

9. Maka

Maka A New Woman

Start Weight:
    173lb
    Current Weight:
    157lb
    Goal Weight:
    150lb
    Lost(%):
    16lb(9.25%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    Thanks Shaz. I'll have a look. After tomorrow's weigh-in, I'm sticking with TFR for another 2 weeks while I work out what I'll do. I'm literally gagging on the shakes, can't stomach the soup - just manage the bars - it's not fun anymore. But I don't want to undo everything over some meat!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.