Lisaberry's Extra Easy Adventure

I'm quite tempted to get back into dance. I used to do loads as a child but I guess it was a bit easier for my mum as I'm an only child so only one person to taxi around!

Groan Monday.....and someone had brought in birthday buffet, double groan! I managed ok though....

breakfast:
large white coffee - HEXA
banana

snack from buffet:
2 mini falafels 4 syns
olives 2 syns

lunch:
jacket with beans
apple
muller light

snack:
2 harvest moon bars - hexb

Tea:
had to eat something really quick as I have a football members meeting tonight,
im bound to be hungry again later too:

1/3 pack of savoury rice (left over from kids tea)
small cold pork chop (yuck)
chopped tomato
muller Greek yog 0.5 syns

snack after meeting:
harvest moon bar - 3.5 syns

total syns: 10

Last edited:
Well done you! I could never stop at 1 cookie!

I'm starting this food diary as I can't seem to lose weight whenever I try EE but I really want to get on with it.

I'd really really appreciate your feedback so I can see if I am doing anything wrong and to give me tips on where I can improve

Thanks!

Thursday 7th Feb

Breakfast:
1 banana
Muller light Greek honeyed peach 0.5 syns
Cup of tea with skimmed milk from my HEX A

Lunch:
1 pack of chilli low fat supernoodles
Lettuce
Cucumber
Beet root

Snack:
cup of tea
apple

1 Harvest Moon bar (half a HEXB)

View attachment 78383

Did u have the rest of your hea and b choice?
Xx

Hey I've just joined on here and your thread jumped out at me to read! It's great seeing all the daily food diarys. I'm hoping being on here will keep me motivated. Started slimming world at home in the new year and lost 8lb in 2 weeks. Then had birthday etc so all went downhill for couple weeks. But am now back and focused and in it for the long run! You all seem so friendly on here! :)

Hi just looked through your diary, would say your not eating enough and not planning your meals properly. The old saying if you fail to plan plan to fail really can be true. I would say have a bigger filling breakfast like omelette so you start the day properly and try to do more meals where the whole family can have a similar if not identical meal. I know that's tough, my daughter refuses to eat any vegetables. Def need to up superfree if you want a big loss but just keep going and tweak it each week to see what works for you x

Queenietb1983 - Heeeeelllo! Being on here often definitely helps keep me motivated....minimins is essential for anyone who wants to lose weight!
Good luck with your journey, sounds like you will do great!

Hi just looked through your diary, would say your not eating enough and not planning your meals properly. The old saying if you fail to plan plan to fail really can be true. I would say have a bigger filling breakfast like omelette so you start the day properly and try to do more meals where the whole family can have a similar if not identical meal. I know that's tough, my daughter refuses to eat any vegetables. Def need to up superfree if you want a big loss but just keep going and tweak it each week to see what works for you x

Planning is definitely definitely something I need to work on....I'm awful at it and I know it's holding me back!
breakfast wise most days I wouldn't have the time for anything like an omelette...if I'm working then I grab a coffee from the coffee shop and work and bring a banana from home to have at my desk. I don't really like cereal/porridge...I love piles of toast and marmite but can't have that lol!

ill keep at it, thanks for the advice xx

Tuesday 12th

breakfast - large white coffee HEXA
banana and punnet of blueberries

snack:
harvest moon bar - 1/2 B choice

lunch: (quite a small bowl)
lettuce, cucumber, beetroot, sweetcorn
rice and beans
balsamic dressing - 4 syns ( thought this was just balsamic vinegar, as soon as it started to pour I saw there was oil in so I quickly stopped, pretty sure I had less than 4 syns worth)

snack:

tea: (really hungry today)
smash
big salad
4 slices of ham
corn on the cob
x light salad cream - 2 syns

pudding:
A whole pack of Tesco melon and grape duo

Last edited:
To be fair it doesn't look like you are eating properly at all and maybe why when you do That's why you are gaining xx I sometimes have a omelette for lunch or small jacket spud with beans or tuna and extra light mayo with sweetcorn xx I think if you ate more substantial meals you would see better losses as you wouldn't be depriving yourself xx

Hope u dont mind me checking out our diary but have to say you must be starving on what ur eating so ur body will go into starvation mode so won't loose just gain cause body panics.
I don't know your circumstances but ur obv very busy so need to get planning/cooking in advance.

For breakfast - try making magic porridge to eat at work
Or make syn free or magic pancakes night before + then can eat them at work.

Lunch - have u a kettle / microwave to use? Or make sw quiche to take.

Tea - cook at wkend and freeze - chili, curry, bolognaise sauce etc

No idea why but sw works better if u eat loads inc syns x

I put on 3 pounds this week :-(
im so gutted, really, really gutted

Tuesday 12th

breakfast - large white coffee HEXA
banana and punnet of blueberries

snack:

lunch: (quite a small bowl)
lettuce, cucumber, beetroot, sweetcorn
rice and beans
balsamic dressing - 4 syns ( thought this was just balsamic vinegar, as soon as it started to pour I saw there was oil in so I quickly stopped, pretty sure I had less than 4 syns worth)

snack:

tea: (really hungry today)
smash
big salad
4 slices of ham
corn on the cob
x light salad cream - 2 syns

pudding:
A whole pack of Tesco melon and grape duo

You really need to eat some more protein hun. You've eaten barely anything for breakfast & lunch calories wise, and not a great deal more for dinner. I'd be surprised if you are eating more than 1100 calories in a day based on this. It far too little. Your body will be hanging on to every little bit of energy it's getting because it's not sure when it will be getting anymore.

Also, have you thought about eating some pasta instead of Smash? It would fill you up, and if you ate the wholemeal pasta it would be much better for you than the over processed smash fake stuff.

OK, I agree with everything said here so far. You are not eating enough. It's Winter, you must be starving, you poor thing.

Extra Easy is all about being able to choose from loads of free foods but you must get your superfree in there. I don't see much veggies (apart from salads which are, lets be honest, pretty unsatisfying as they are mainly water!) and things like broccoli, roasted veggies (I love squashes, so filling and delicious), green beans and cabbage for example really are more filling and have a greater nutritional load. You need more variety too I think.SW quiches are fab - I saw you had trouble with them using the cottage cheese recipe? I don't use cottage cheese in mine I just whisk up the eggs with some quark so there's no watery consistency.

I work, so understand the pressures there, for breakfasts I cook a couple of boiled eggs and eat these with some fruit, or I bag up a little sandwich bag with weighed out cereal and I use a sports bottle for my measured out HE of milk. For lunches I often have leftovers from dinner the night before, or I have scan bran and cottage cheese (amazingly filling and so portable!). Have you a microwave and fridge at work?

Planning is everything in your first few months, without a doubt. I plan my meals for the week and then I can write a shopping list of the things I need and it's so much easier than having to think on the hoof!

My meal plan for this week is:

Thursday - Lunch - scanbran, prawns, cottage cheese, salad. Dinner - Goulash, new potatoes, cabbage, green beans (leftovers from last night)
Friday - Lunch - Smoked mackerel salad, Dinner - Pollock with chorizo and butterbeans.
I'm out at the weekend so that's slightly hazy! ;) But I'm planning on cooking a paella on Sunday night
Monday - Lunch - Leftover paella. Dinner - Gammon steak, SW chips, poached egg, spinach, carrots.
Tuesday - Lunch - Vegetable curry, rice. Dinner - Lemon sole with vegetables and new potatoes.

The point I'm boringly trying to make is that if you plan everything then you can workout leftovers for lunches, a good bit of variety and it costs less too as you will not be chucking stuff away.

Did you speak to your consultant about your gain? I know it's disheartening but do you feel you can try another week of EE and see what happens?

Back