Lisas Slimfast Journey

What an effing day!

My wee girl is ill so my day has been totally higgldy piggldy. Had 1st shake at 2, forgot my snack and then had 2 nd shake at 4. Forgot other snacks and had a rushed tea. Didnt go over the alotted allowance at least. Will hopefully be back on track tomorrow. Had choc shake and was pleasantly surprised.

Hope your daughter is up and about today and has her sunny smile on, just shows what a brilliant mum you are to put her first.
Chocolate shakes are the best (in my opinion)

Hope your little one is doing better! I'd have probably ran for a takeaway if
I'd of had a day rushed so bad with a poorly baby. I look forward to hearing of your losses well done x

hope shes feeling better son and well done on not going over cals id have used it as an excuse for a takeaway and eating junk so congratulations on not doing that

Back on track today after yesterdays farce.

Im having a problem using all my cals. For my weight ive upped the evening meal cals to 800. (this can be lowered as the weight comes off). For example tonight i had a WW ready meal, smash and microwave steam veg. Then a WW yog for pudding. About 450 cals in total. That leaves me with 350 just sort of waiting there. So do i get some higher cal yogs just for dessert? Or use higher cal food? It scares me thinking like that though as dont want to fall into previous bad habits. Will figure something out im sure.

well done for getting back on track today. if i know im going to have more cals i tend to eat more carbs, i love my carbs i do, an extra jacket potato or extra veg and it all adds up. Ive been seeing alot today about being on more cals a day for the heavier you are and i wonder if i should up my cals too... seems to be going okay so far so i will stick with it i think for now till i need to tweak it.

i tried looking up on google some ideas for healthy things to add calories for you but there wasnt anything on there lol. maybe oily fish if you like fish? that might have more cals than other things? i dont know though because i personally hate fish lol. anyway, good luck!

Try a merangue nest with your yogurt. They are about 60 cals depending on the brand and really make u feel like ur having a naught pud. I often have one with a ww yogurt and a bit of fruit (usually strawberries!!) Nom nom nom......... xx

Stephie77 xxx

Well i have come to a decision diet wise....

Have decided to solely follow SF and just hope my OH is going to be impartial with me. Hes still wanting to do WW so will support him on that.

As for the extra cals ive decided to just use higher cal yoghurts and things to help bring my teatime total in line. Swapping from WW yogs to mullerlights will up my cals by about 50. Its a start.

Have thought about adding fruit stig so may give that a go.

Ive decided im sticking to SF but going with OH to WW to get weighed. That way i still get structured weigh ins whilst using the shakes. This may seem mad to some but i think itll work for me.

Diet wise... weighed in yesterday and have lost 7lbs. Not bad considering i had a couple of bad days.

That is a brilliant weight loss. You must be over the moon.

I don't think you are mad at all, WW are also very supportive like this site; also having the weigh ins help.

Im quite chuffed with the 7lbs off for 1st week. I know itll slow down though :)

Have been trying to find low cal foods that my OH and daughter will eat. Birds eye chicken dippers was one, also fish fingers. Smash, now thats a lifesaver for me. Crispbreads too, never used to like these but now i have them as a snack most days. The great stuff apples out of asda, micro steamed veg. Need i go on lol. Any other suggestions greatly recieved.

I make quorn bolonaise, my 2yo wolfs it down and the hubby to :0) xx

Smash is really good calorie wise. Helps me get a tattie fix without being naughty. Bought a different smash the other day (green packet, cant remember flavour off the top of my head) so will be giving that a bash.

Diet wise.... havnt been too well the past coupla days and ive gotta be honest all ive eaten is a couple of bits of toast a day. But seems like im 2 lbs down. Now do i count this as a loss seeing as its come from illness?
Calories 97 Protein 2.3 Carbohydrate 21.3 Fat 0.3 Fibre 1 Alcohol 0These are the figures for a single serving of smash.

Last edited:
i used to make a pie sorta thing with smash!! Chopped up quorn sausages an onion and a tin of beans then top with smash and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese then bake in the oven. That was in my slimming world days really filling though. I think i liked the sainsburys instant mash best if i remember right.

Back