Lisa's Weight loss Diary - 4st to Lose

eurgh is it really Monday......

The weekends go far too quickly but on a happy note i had a good one :)

The weekends food was a mix really.... Saturday i was really good. I started with my pancakes and then had a SW sausage butty for dinner (synned the bread 6) for tea i had chicken, bacon & mushroom pasta ina tomato sauce (all free)

Sunday was not so good. I skipped breakfast and then we went out for dinner and i ended up have fish and chips and no tea :( We then went to poker last night and lots of syns were used up on alcohol.

I was speaking to my mum last night (shes a target member) and i said i would be better weighing at a saturday morning class because weighing on a wednesday doesn't have a good effect. I see weigh in night as a cheat night which then sometimes rolls into Thursday. I then will have a good day friday for the weekend then to bite me in the arse whereas if i weighed on a saturday i would just see the weekend as the weekend and the week i would be good and not see any as a cheat night.... only problem is, i would never have the motivation to get up, get myself and the boys sorted and drag us out of the house on a saturday morning lol

Todays menu looks a little something like this:

B - 2 x alpen light, fruit and yogurt (spread throughout the morning)
L - Tomato and herb pasta and some more fruit
D - Chicken Breast with Patatas Bravas (from the little book that came with this months mag) with Veg

Really looking forward to my tea tonight :) Yum yum

Hope you all have a fab day! xx

I prefer weighing in on a saturday morning :)
struggle getting up though as up early during the week so only sunday for a lay-in :)
but if i go over on anything on the weekend , have all week to make up for it :)
that's the theory :D

Well thats what i was thinking zafira i just have to be more disciplined during the week i think and know that im probably going to have a cheat day at the weekend. I really like the class i go too so think ill stick at it for now xx

Monday food

B -
2 x alpen light, yogurt and fruit (spread throughout the morning)
L - Tomato and Herb pasta and Sauce with Fruit
D - Chicken Breast with Patatas Bravas and Veg
HE - Alpen lights and milk in coffee
Syns - 2.5 in pasta and sauce. Should probably of had more syns but didn't fancy snacking on anything so i'll just see it as a catch up from my bad days :)

Thinking about my syns yesterday and thought i hadn't had any at first so thought i'd have a look at the syns in pasta and sauce. When did the tomato and herb one change to 2.5 syns!! I'm sure that used to be free :doh:

Today's plan

B - yogurt and banana & 1 x alpen light
L - Tomato and herb pasta and sauce & Apple
D - Burger and Chips
HE - Wholemeal teacake for burger & Milk in coffee
Syns - 2.5 pasta & Sauce & 3 alpen light bar

Hope you all have a fab day x

Oohhh Lisa!! Do you have the recipe for Patatas Bravas please?

Yh sure, it was just in the little book you got with this months SW mag but it's easy enough

800g potato (about 3 big baking pots)
1 tin of chopped toms
1 onion
2 garlic cloves (i used one because i don't like it strong)
3 teaspoons of sweet paprika (i only had smoked and it was still yummy)
Bay Leaf

Cut the pots into cubes and roast for 30-40 mins until crisp, while this is happening pop all other ingredients in a pan and simmer for 20-30 mins. I added some water to this at the start because it looked a bit thick to be sat simmering for 30 mins. Once the spuds are done i popped them in a serving dish and poured over the tomato mixture and mixed it all together.

It was really yummy and just a nice change to a regular side. I have seen recipes with Chorizo in so i might give that a go next time :) x

Mmmm sounds good! I have some Chorizo at home but I know it's very high in Syns (for the amount I'm used to anyway!)
Thanks for the recipe, i'll have a go and let you know :)

That does sound yummy! Might have to try that one :)

I won't a years subscription to the SW magazine but I haven't really had time to read it just yet! Need to dedicate some time for it I think

I don't really read the stories in the mag but i like it for the recipes really.

Just been to the shop on my lunch and got stuff to make mushroom soup and the creamy mushroom pasta off the website to freeze for my work dinners. I also bought some lean corned beef because i loe corned beef hash. For the tinniest tin ever it was £2.50 and i had to buy 2. £5 on chuffin corned beef.... didn't it used to be cheap!

I'm feeling very motivated today for some reason.... think it's because i have been doing my meal plan this morning so i'm excited for all the scrummy meals i have planned in.

I am going to try and make tomorrows after class meal SW but with a cheaty edge so i am making SW chicken tikka from the fakeaway book with rice and SW chips, might treat myself to some poppadoms and mango chutney. Better than my usual takeaway :) x

It was my twins birthday yesterday and i thought i was going to have a really bad day completely off plan but foodwise it wasn't too bad

B - No breakfast
L - Jacket Potato and Cheese
D - Ham Sandwich with Fruit
HE - Cheese & Wholemeal teacake
Syns - I played poker last night so a fair few syns were used on alcohol :doh: I had a good night though :)

Today's menu looks a little something like this

B - 2 x alpen lights, fruit and yogurt
L - Jacket potato and Spaghetti and fruit
D - Chicken Tikka from the fakeaway book with rice and chips. I was supposed to have this yesterday but because we were going out i just grabbed a quick sandwich.

I couldn't get to weigh in last night because of the boys birthday so i weighed myself at home and i stayed the same. I think considering i had a few days off plan this week i'm happy with that. The boys are at their dads this weekend which could be a stumbling block for this week. I have all my meals planned so i'm going to give it a damn good go plus Liverpool aren't playing at home this weekend so i have no footie game to ruin my plans xx

Last edited:
Happy Friday!!!!!! :) :) :)

Yesterday was 100% on plan and a good day, the only negative i would say is that i could have probably had more speed foods. I was going to add some spinach to my chicken tikka but forgot and then by the time i realised it was almost ready and i couldn't be bothered!

B - Fruit and yogurt
L - Yet to be decided but i'm thinking Pasta & Sauce
D - Campfire Stew & Veg

I am really looking forward to my tea tonight. I am loving my menu plans at the minute. My meals are so varied and yummy. My OH is also loving all the yummy food i am cooking. I didn't get chance to make any soup last night but i finish work at 11 today so i am going to make some this afternoon along with the mushroom pasta to freeze for work dinners :) x

Well done on being 100% on plan yesterday Lisa :D

Are you finding that keeping your meals varied is helping to stop you from getting bored?

Did the boys have a nice birthday?

Thanks Emmy :)

I absolutely love cooking so when i'm varying my meals and cooking new things it excites me and keeps me motivated. I am the size i am because i love food so making scrummy healthy food is a win :) It does help with the boredom too. Also, as sad as it sounds i do take pride in what i'm cooking so when my OH really enjoys something i make it makes me happy haha :)

I am super organised at the moment as well and planning my teas well and sticking too them. I always find that helps because if i am undecided what i want i will usually just go for the easy option of a takeaway or crap from the freezer.

They did have a lovely birthday... thanks :) Can't believe they are 2! We have definitely hit the terrible 2 stage though. I feel ganged up on everyday lol x

Quite proud of myself this afternoon.... I have just got back from taking my boys to the local playgym with my friend. She got herself a panini which is what i would usually have. I really really wanted one and very nearly caved but i knew that if i had had that panini it would have ruined my day and would have probably led to me pigging out all day, so i got a jacket potato and beans instead :) xx

Happy weekend.

No lie in for me today thanks to my munchkins. 5am seems to be the norm at the mo :(

Yesterday was a good day and it all went to plan. Well kind of. I made the campfire stew but i didn't end up having any. OH was at the pub so i couldn't be bothered doing all the sides just for me so i just made myself a pasta and sauce. He had some when he came in and said it was nice. I have frozen some small portions as jacket pot toppings and then a couple of bigger one for main meals.

No mega plans for meals today i think im just going to play it by ear which could be a mistake. Although my motivation is still going strong.

I have had SW pancakes with fruit for brekkie which was yum and a good start :)

Attachments

• image-983905813.jpg
    image-983905813.jpg
    508.8 KB · Views: 35
well done on resisting the panini :)
I eat choc scan bran cake regularly !....it's my way of tricking my mind i am eating chocolate or chocolate cake!:D
bought myself an electric mixer, am going to use it to try make those pancakes....yours look good :)

Yh Zafira they are fab i love them. I don't use a mixer tho just mix the porridge oats with the yogurt and egg and leave over night.

Yesterday was a bad day. Im drawing a line under it and we shall say no more ;) It's the boys birthday party today so i am taking some scan bran cake and trying my best. Sundays would usually consist of going out as i don't have the boys but i need to save those syns so im having a diet coke night with maybe the occasional vodka thrown in but definitely no alcopops xx

Yh Zafira they are fab i love them. I don't use a mixer tho just mix the porridge oats with the yogurt and egg and leave over night.

Yesterday was a bad day. Im drawing a line under it and we shall say no more ;) It's the boys birthday party today so i am taking some scan bran cake and trying my best. Sundays would usually consist of going out as i don't have the boys but i need to save those syns so im having a diet coke night with maybe the occasional vodka thrown in but definitely no alcopops xx
Good luck for today:)
The pancakes i was thinking of don't have oats and are syn free ...this recipe as such?
SW pancakes2.jpg

Back