Little Book Worm tetra-ing her way through CD

You are doing so well Book worm. what a great thought to be over weight lol im looking forward to it :D looking at your weight it wont be long before your in the 13s. x

Thanks Dawn. I can't believe I am so eager to be overweight :D What will I be like when I am near a healthy BMI?????

Gaaah, I am supposed to be doing some research today, but how am I supposed to do that when we may exchange on our house purchase today????? :D I'm so excited and scared at the same time. A new life for us, but also a huge debt hanging over our heads. Scary and so grown-up! Sadly my husband won't be able to carry me across the threshold but at least I will be much fitter for when we move :D It's a bit later than I wanted so we won't have a long "warmer" days to help and instead it'll be grey and cold. BUT we will be in our home, can decorate without having to worry about asking permission. We won't have any more quarterly inspections (which I found very intrusive). We will be able to change electricity and gas provider as we please. We can start saving for home improvements!!! And we can start thinking about starting a family. You know: it'll be OUR HOME :D

I still have not had any tetra either, I'm too excited!!!

Well I jinxed myself :( We still have not exchanged and it doesn't look like it'll happen today either... (our solicitor is away). Oh well, maybe I should be more grateful of what I have :)

I have not been drinking enough lately and I can feel it at how dry my skin is and how weak I am sometimes. So today, I HAVE to drink my 3 litres!!! It's too important for me to mess that up. Not too mention the fact that it's not very good for my health.

Good news though, my husband is back for a few days :) I have a LOT of work to do in the house (packing, cleaning, etc) but at least I won't be on my own! I hope everyone is doing OK today xxx

We've exchanged :D My husband is back and we went out to get him something yummy to celebrate as we never keep naughty food in the house (because of me :eek: )

I was ever so good and only ate one toast and one bite of brownie with plenty of coke zero. I felt so virtuous and yet it felt like a lot of food :rolleyes:

Hi Nina, thanks for stopping by on my diary :) I started one a few weeks ago to help me focus and so far it is working I think! I write about anything and everything but while I'm writing, I don't eat or think about food :rolleyes:

I'm doing really well thank you. We finally exchanged on the house on Friday and now we are frantically trying to get everything packed!! And I'm trying to get organised, which is not easy!!!! Dates, days off, when to actually move, how to do it in such a way that the pets are not too stressed, etc. I had not thought about all that!! :D

Diet wise, I was incredibly tempted by some "small bite" brownie from Sainsbury's that my husband bought the other day. I had another long head-to-head with a piece of food: this diet is making me go crazy :eek: But I resisted the temptation and stuck to my tetras. Because I found myself without any protein food for my meal, I had 4 yesterday: I'm pretty proud of myself. But I have not been drinking enough and I can feel it in my skin!!! It's dry and it feels tight.

Another grey Sunday here but at least it's not as cold as the previous days!

Wow, what a brilliant, motivating and thinspirational diary! :clap: I've really enjoyed reading this. Just wanted to say that I think you've done fabulously well, especially given that you're studying and you've got all the house moving stuff going on. Well done you. :winner:

Wow, what a brilliant, motivating and thinspirational diary! :clap: I've really enjoyed reading this. Just wanted to say that I think you've done fabulously well, especially given that you're studying and you've got all the house moving stuff going on. Well done you. :winner:

Aww thank you Lily, what a lovely post. Although I'm not sure I deserve such praise :eek:

Strangely enough, although the packing is exhausting (and the cleaning that goes with it!), it is a nice distraction from food and the diet. The studying is awful though as usually I would eat and eat and eat and eat while sitting on my behind all day reading (I study on my own, no lecture, seminars, etc). When I was stressed out because of my studies, I'd eat. I think that's partly why I ballooned so much in the past 3 years! But now, no more food and it's torture sometimes to sit for hours, reading things that are not always interesting...and I can't even comfort eat :rolleyes:

I really like your signature by the way, especially the thing about being responsible for our efforts but not the results. It's a hard one to trust when we have small losses despite being very good all week. I had a very slow month and I almost ruined it all. Not again though!!!

Well lovely people, it is October already!!! When I rejoined these forums, cap in hand, it was end of May/beginning of June!! :eek: So 4 months of solid dieting :D

To mark this milestone, here is a picture of me at week 20 :D This is my size 16 dress :) And notice that I can now wear heels and I feel more comfortable in them too (although they're small ones). On a negative note, I noticed that I definitely and urgently need a new bra. And I have to try harder with the ab work as my belly is still there!!! :mad:

1:10:12.jpg

Wow I love the dress! You look great! I can tell you must be feeling more confident because you aren't wearing a stretchy black dress! The staple dress in the over weight womans wardrobe!

Seriously if that isn't an inspiration what is!

Hello, sorry to gatecrash your diary, but I just wanted to say congratulations to you, your losses are fab and you should be very proud how well you have done, your latest picture is lovely - you have got a gorgeous figure ( and taste in dresses/ shoes ;D )
I'm starting CD tomorrow and if I can do as well as you have I'd be so happy :) congrats !!!! X

Yay on the exchange and packing eek bet that's really exciting, it'll be all the unpacking later that'll be a pain in the bottom. We're hoping to move in a few months time and i'm already dreading it.

WOW bookworm you look fantastic, that dress looks beautiful, are you feeling amazing now?

Had a good weekend here too, been up to the inlaws which was lovely :)

Wow I love the dress! You look great! I can tell you must be feeling more confident because you aren't wearing a stretchy black dress! The staple dress in the over weight womans wardrobe!

Seriously if that isn't an inspiration what is!

Thanks Nikie! And yes, the stretchy black dress... Worn with incredibly painful slimming underpants (like it would make a difference at the size I used to be...). Usually in a horrible fabric and in a design more suited for my mother than for a woman in her late twenties... But gone are these dark days :D

Hello, sorry to gatecrash your diary, but I just wanted to say congratulations to you, your losses are fab and you should be very proud how well you have done, your latest picture is lovely - you have got a gorgeous figure ( and taste in dresses/ shoes ;D )
I'm starting CD tomorrow and if I can do as well as you have I'd be so happy :) congrats !!!! X

Starry*eyed, welcome! Please don't apologise for commenting on my diary, on the contrary :) I absolutely love this dress. I bought it ages ago, when I was n my early twenties and before I went onto my path of self-destruction... It's satin and sooooo nice :D We have a party in December and I thought to myself I'd wear it. Until I realised that maybe it would be too big by then!! Fingers crossed!!!

Yay on the exchange and packing eek bet that's really exciting, it'll be all the unpacking later that'll be a pain in the bottom. We're hoping to move in a few months time and i'm already dreading it.

WOW bookworm you look fantastic, that dress looks beautiful, are you feeling amazing now?

Had a good weekend here too, been up to the inlaws which was lovely :)

Thanks Nina. :) And yes, the exchange was a relief! Now I'm stressing about completion and very jealous that only my husband will be able to see the house :( If I didn't have this stupid deadline hanging over my head, I'd have gone and started cleaning, etc :( I must learn to be more patient and stop wanting everything NOW :eek: And the dreaded unpacking... We don't have children so I think we're going to use the spare bedroom as a warehouse while we go through the boxes one by one. Like this the mess won't be stealing our personal space. I have done a lot of decluttering already but I can see more coming as we unpack :D How is the diet going?

So, WI was today and... I STS. I can't say I am too disappointed. After all, I'm on Step 2 and the average monthly loss is roughly 9lbs and I lost 11lbs in 4 weeks: not bad :) I am just a bit annoyed because I have not been very good with water and, given that I get water retention very easily, I'm sure it had an impact on my weightloss. Oh well, live and learn :)

My CDC is going away on holidays so it'll be a while before I see her again, and then we'll have to move and change area: scary! Regarding the diet, I will have to come on here often because I always mess up when my CDCs go on holidays... But not this time, I have come too far to make a U-turn! I'm not so sure about going to another CDC in a new town... I can't even go back to see my current one as I'm moving hours away from my current location :( I love my CDC and I don't know if I'll be able to get another one as good where I'm going :( Add to that the fact that I would like a CDC that is flexible AND local to me (no need for the car!)... It doesn't leave me with a lot of options :p

Anyway, I'm off to update my sig, put some laundry out to dry (quick, the sun is out!!) and then more work!!! Hope you all have a lovely day.

Bookworm sounds like you've had a lovely day, sorry about the scales, theyre still not my friend either lol. Oooo id imagine it being very scaring changing CDC, there'll be some that do home visits though, mine does which is great especially with my shift work, she comes to my home most times but if im really stuck she'll come weigh me in work :)

Diet's going well here thanks, got a lovely comment from a workmate ive not seen for a few weeks which cheered me up no end xx

Nina, the day would have been even better if it wasn't raining every time I wanted to dry something outside :mad: But today is going to be sunny so more washing on the line! With the rain we've had the past couple of weeks, I have had to wait and wait and wait before washing anything as I don't have a tumble dryer. I have a DriBuddi (great stuff!) but I can't use it all the time and you can still feel the humidity, even with warm dry heat blowing on the clothes... So today is laundry day :D

I have very quickly overcome my disappointment at staying the same. I really cannot complain and I really hope that next time I see my CDC I'll have lost these wretched 2lbs to be only overweight :D

Yay on the comment! It feels good, doesn't it? I sometimes feel embarrassed when people I barely know comment, but when it's people I like and feel comfortable with, I just revel in it and it gives me such a boost. If only we could bottle it for moments when things are tough...

I will have to see if I can find a mobile CDC then... Especially as we're contemplating getting rid of the car after the move. It's so expensive: insurance, petrol, maintenance, MOT, tax... We only drive a 2005 Nissan Micra but every month, it roughly costs us £120 to run the car :eek: And once we've moved, we won't really use it, or only for visits... We have not taken the decision yet, we're still thinking about it. Anyone is living without a car as a couple/family? I'd be interested to read about other people's experience. :)

Righty oh, a very busy day today so I better get going. I have set myself a deadline for tomorrow to finish reading documents for my thesis. Then I'll have to start writing up: scary, I HATE writing.

Hi Bookworm-so pleased you are feeling more positive now. I'm really starting to believe that the biggest test of the CWP is not actually cheating, but our reactions to the things that are set to try us-i.e cheating, staying the same, family events. Picking ourselves up, dusting ourselves off and continuing is far harder than caving in!

I have posted on my diary regarding my worries about the upcoming weekend.....I appreciate that you are really busy at the moment but if you get a chance I would love it if you could pop over to have a read and let me know what you think-I always really value your opinion!

Thanks- have a great day. xxxx

Did you get your reading done? Hope you do find a mobile CDC it really hleps me out :) Oh my goodness i SO wish our car running costs were £120 a month my fuel alone costs over £200 a month and hubbys probably £150 and thats not including tax mot insurance!!!!!!

My friend has a famiyl with no car and they manage pretty well in fact its done her the worls of good as she's got to walk everywhere. Have you had a good diet day? I have and its been a nice but busy day at work, almost weekend yayyy

Back