Little Miss - 1000 calories a day - Diary

littlemiss

Silver Member
Hi Everyone,

Thought i'd start up a calorie counting diary, for anyone who needs food ideas, or also for anyone who wants to help me pin point the bad parts of my diet.

A bit of background - I lost 4 stone between Jan 09 and Aug 09, stayed the same since then, and i'm on a re-start to lose my final 3 stones, before the summer. I lost my previous weight by eating 1000 calories a day (advised by doctor), and thats how I want to lose the remaining weight. I've tried Xenical and Slim Fast previously, Xenical didn't work as I have no fat in my diet and Slim Fast didn't work because I thought they tasted horrible. This is the only diet I know I can stick to, although it makes me hungry for the first week or so, I know that feeling goes away.

I normally keep a food diary on my laptop but I got a new one 2 days ago and I've not been saving anything yet, because I dont have office, but I can remember my last 2 days intake.

Please comment.

Friday -

B/fast - 2 slices of toast with ham - 300 cals
Banana - 90
Coffee x2 - 80

Lunch -
Tea x1 - 40

Dinner -
small portion of pasta & roast potatoes - 400

Extras -
Tea x3 - 120
Snack a Jack - 41

Total - 1071

Saturday -

Breakfast -
Coffee - 50

Lunch -
Toast x2 and chopped pork - 300
yogurt - 85
tea - 40

Dinner -
1/2 tin of beans & sausage & 2 slices of toast - 400

Extras -
Tea x3 - 120
Snack a jack - 41
Small bowl of cereal - 130

Total - 1166

And finally - what I hope to eat today - Sunday

Breakfast -
Coffee - 40

Lunch -
Toast x2 & chopped pork - 300
Banana - 90
Coffee - 40
Tea - 40

Dinner -
Tin of Spaghetti Hoops - 190
1 slice of toast - 100

Extras -
Tea x3 - 120
Snack a jack - 41

Total - 961

:)

Yay you've started a diary on here ( read your posts on claires diary)
You're diet is very similar to mine altho I eat about 100-200 cals a day more.
Well done on losing the weight last year and a huge good luck for the remaining 3 stone!
Looking forward to following your diary :Dxx

Yay you've started a diary on here ( read your posts on claires diary)
You're diet is very similar to mine altho I eat about 100-200 cals a day more.
Well done on losing the weight last year and a huge good luck for the remaining 3 stone!
Looking forward to following your diary :Dxx

Hey,

Thank you so much!

Its only been this weekend i've been doing 1000 cals a day, last week I was around the 1200 mark, and didn't lose anything.

I find my foods really boring. I've been thinking of ways to make my meals more interesting.

Weigh in tomorrow, fingers crossed ;)

hey hey chick. am glad u diarying now!
well u know im the place to go when in need of cheapo recipes lol! chicken chicken chicken - you can do ANYTHING with it!!
you're very lucky you can stick to the 1000 a day! thatd do me in!
you have a kid yeah?? how old is ur child? i have a nearly 3 yr old and a 7mnth - both boys! like chatting to other ppl with kids as well! it can be hard i find to revolve my diet around the kids needs - cos they make me need a lot of energy!

well keep up the good work!

x

Hi,

Yeah it can be pretty hard going on this diet, but the more weight I lose the harder its coming off, so I need to be strict. Organisation is the key! lol I plan my shopping list and my meals at the same time, so that way there's no other option. I dont keep spare food in the house, I only have whats gonna be eaten.

I dont think its about being lucky...I am absolutely desperate to lose this weight. I am trying to train my body into only eating when really hungry and i'm trying not to eat things that are really tasty...sounds a bit weird, but i'll over eat with anything that tastes good.

Well, first weigh in was today and i've lost 2lbs this week, so i'm really happy, just hope I manage another week.

Todays Food -

Breakfast -
Coffee x2 - 80

Lunch -
Sandwich & Chopped Pork - 300
grapes - 40

Dinner -
2 Sausages (250) small amount of mashed potatoes (dont know cals, estimate around 150)
3 freddo's :cry::cry: - 300 - Very bad

Extras -
Tea x3 - 120

Total - 1240

Very dissapointed with myself today, even after a good weight loss this morning, I was starving at 4pm, and couldnt resist the chocolate...the dinner...well it was literally all I had in the house, I dont even have a thing for later...going shopping tomorrow.

Thanks for listening!
;)

i think you've done really well!
and well done on your 2lbs loss!!! fantastic!!
i organise the same way. on a thursday night i go through my recipe books and cuttings of low fat recipes from mags and write it out , then i write my shopping list, put the weeks menu on the fridge and get my shopping on friday payday!!
love being super organised, plus if u dont overbuy you dont overeat!!

xxx

Wooh well done on the 2lbs, thats fantastic!
Even tho you had the chocolate you still have eaten well & with low cals so im sure it wont hurt.
Keep it up hun xx

Hi

Thanks yous two!!

I've not kept a diary for the last 2 days, I am getting new windows fitted tomorrow, and i've been busy clearing stuff away from the windows, its taking forever, we need to stay with the stuff away from the windows untill Friday, because someone has to come back on Friday when all the glue and stuff has dried and paint it. Anyway....

Because I've been so busy, I've been picking at things, got a massive box of jaffa cakes for the OH yesterday, and I think I had 5 yesterday and 3 today. I only had £15 to do my weekly shop for 3 ppl this week :eek: so i had to buy really cheap meals for all of us...i'm having soup 2 days and generally the only fat thing is chips anyway...i'll put down todays stuff.

Breakfast
Coffee - 40

Lunch
white roll, tuna mayo and grated cheese - 300 (approx)
grapes - 40
tunnocks tea cake - 90?

Dinner
Small portion of oven chips, 1/2 an individual chicken and mushroom pie, 1/3 tin of beans - 400?

Snacks -
Jaffa cakes x3 - 150
Tea x3 - 120
Snack a jacks - 100

Total - 1240

:)

well done love. its so hard when theres no money for decent meals :(
keep up the gd work :D x

Sounds hectic over at your house little miss!
You're still doing really well so don't let lack of money for meals get you down.
Theres nothing wrong with soup, I love it :D

Hey Everyone.

Not been keeping a diary over the last few days, I've had a really bad week with life in general, and with my diet.

As you know I got new windows fitted this week. I have been working all week, so have been stressed out because every night there has been loads to do, and every night has been a late night. I've had so much going on. Plus last night had a big argument with OH, didn't think he would come home but he did and its fine now, but i've just not been myself.

I am feeling quite low, so im not sure for definate, but I wanna start again as of Monday, with exercise included. I've not been really bad food wise this week, I am so thankfull that I dont have any junk in the house, or money in my purse or i'd be eating chocolate constantly. I've had the odd thing thats unhealthy, but i've been eating any meal, not caring about calories, and i dunno if thats whats making me moody, i always feel worse and blame myself for not sticking to diet.

What do y'all think? Should i start afresh on Mon...will it help with me feeling so down? I dunno but maybe its worth a try.

Yesterday was not too bad a day, I had 3 normal meals, only downfall was angel delight...a yorkie bar and 5 choc chip cookies (OH's)

Today i'm planning to have

Toast & Meat - 300

Potatoes & pasta - 400? (need to work out cals in this coz i have it at least once a week)

maybe a bowl of cereal or a banana. - 130

;)

Sounds hectic over at your house little miss!
You're still doing really well so don't let lack of money for meals get you down.
Theres nothing wrong with soup, I love it :D

Hey thanks for that!

I try and convince myself that i'm doing well, but in reality, i've only lost a couple of pounds in 5 months...i suppose i've done well in the sense that i've not had massive binges.

I need strength to do this!! Maybe I should try on some clothes, that always cheers me up.

Sorry to hear you're feeling so down little miss :( It's been a horrible few days for me too so know exactly how you're feeling.
I defo think you should start afresh on monday, get everything out of your system tonight & tomorrow and then you can be ready to start again :D

Yeah good idea,

But I just dont wanna stop. Food just makes me so happy, i hate the thought of having to limit my food.

There's not much to get dressed up for and its still cold so i'm always covered up, but I know I need 2 do something now, before summer..I've got 3 stone to lose untill I'm at my ideal weight, surely I can do that for june/july - thats 5 months away.

Its 2 weeks til my full year anniversary of my life change, and although i'm pleased with my loss so far, i've still not got the right frame of mind when it comes to food...when i started I really thought all my weight would be gone within a year..but its not.

:(

Hii

Well, I weighed myself this morning and i've put on 2lbs :cry::cry: I'm soo upset, I'd lost 2lbs the week previous, its such a waste. I didn't even pig out at all, fair enough, I ate slightly more than normal, but I didn't binge...grrrr

Anyway, back on top of things today

corned beef sandwich - 300
3 rich tea biscuits - 100

Home made soup - 200
Bread - 100
coffee - 40
tea - 40

tea x2 - 80
cereal - 130

Total - 990

smiles.. .

Hey littlemiss... I just finished reading your diary so far, dont be upset as long as your still motivated and dont give up thats the main thing, we all have bad weeks, its the getting through them that counts and shows real character.. chin up and good to see you still focused... :)

Amber

Thanks so much!

Its hard not to hate yourself when you ruin your hard work. I suppose thats one of the hard parts of dieting...being able to pick yourself back up.

I have been really good the last few days, gonna exercise 3x this week, and hopefully by next Monday i'll have lost something.

For Today

White Roll & Tuna mayo - 200
Nutri grain elevenses - 160
Coffee - 40

Ready made prawn mayo salad - 211
Tea - 40

Cereal (special K) - 114
Tea x 4 - 160

Total - 925

Hya chick, you're doing really well.
Hows this week been for you? xx

Hey,

I'm actually feeling really motivated this week, I could sit and feel sorry for myself like I used to, but i've learned from that mistake! I used to think I could never lose weight, and recently I've been thinking the same, but of course I can...I still see flab so I CAN still lose more.

I'm a few days into my 1000 cals a day, and the hunger is going away now. Well...its not away but its not as bad.

Hows your diet going doodlelover?

Today i've had -

Coffee - 40
Sandwich with chicken - 250
Banana - 90

Tea - 40
Spaghetti Hoops and 1 slice of white bread - 300

Cereal - 115
Tea x 3 - 120

Total - 955

I also had a little bit of my daughters leftovers - but only a cpl of mouthfulls so i'm not counting it

;)

Glad to hear you're feeling more motivated this week! I know how it feels being hungry :sigh: but Im getting used to it now.
Diet is going good, have reached 7lbs :D

Back