Little Miss' CC'ing Diary

10stoneplease - thanks so much for that!! I'm suprised at what your doctor has recommended, you dont hear of that very often! I think fasting is the way forward health wise, and throws all our previous theories about eating every few hours out of the water. The health benefits themselves are outstanding, let alone how it helps with weight. So, did your doctors say that your one meal had to have specific food groups or what? I kinda like the idea of having one meal a day, the less I eat the better I am, when I have to force myself to eat (to bulk up my cals) i feel more tempted to binge. Would you mind telling me more about what your doctor said? I'm interested to see how you get on, do you have a diary?

Well, as for my weight loss, its been out of the window the last few days, im very sad to say. But the good news is that I haven't binged. But i have had "mini" binges. Last Mon I got a 2lb loss on the scales and it was great, but seeing the 14.2 on the scales, it made me realise just how much i have to lose, rather than being positive about the loss. It just feels like its such a hard thing to do, and its gona take ages. So I spent the week ordering take aways eating frozen pizza, had chocolate every night but not massive amounts, just been eating what I want when I want basically. But my desire to be thin is so strong, i really want to be smaller, desperately, so i must do this, no matter how motivated I am. So....here's my plan of action....

1200/1500 cals a day - as many crunches as I can manage - some light weights for my arms - and either 30 day shred or treadmill for 30 mins. Every night!! Im determined to do this. I need to. I think the exercise might motivate me more, I always generally feel better & less depressed, more energy when I exercise. I need to really push myself with this one, this is by far the biggest challenge so far weight loss wise, I am really forcing myself, so heres hoping in a few days I will be more positive!! Wish me luck

xxxxxxxxxx

10stoneplease - thanks so much for that!! I'm suprised at what your doctor has recommended, you dont hear of that very often! I think fasting is the way forward health wise, and throws all our previous theories about eating every few hours out of the water. The health benefits themselves are outstanding, let alone how it helps with weight. So, did your doctors say that your one meal had to have specific food groups or what? I kinda like the idea of having one meal a day, the less I eat the better I am, when I have to force myself to eat (to bulk up my cals) i feel more tempted to binge. Would you mind telling me more about what your doctor said? I'm interested to see how you get on, do you have a diary?

Well, as for my weight loss, its been out of the window the last few days, im very sad to say. But the good news is that I haven't binged. But i have had "mini" binges. Last Mon I got a 2lb loss on the scales and it was great, but seeing the 14.2 on the scales, it made me realise just how much i have to lose, rather than being positive about the loss. It just feels like its such a hard thing to do, and its gona take ages. So I spent the week ordering take aways eating frozen pizza, had chocolate every night but not massive amounts, just been eating what I want when I want basically. But my desire to be thin is so strong, i really want to be smaller, desperately, so i must do this, no matter how motivated I am. So....here's my plan of action....

1200/1500 cals a day - as many crunches as I can manage - some light weights for my arms - and either 30 day shred or treadmill for 30 mins. Every night!! Im determined to do this. I need to. I think the exercise might motivate me more, I always generally feel better & less depressed, more energy when I exercise. I need to really push myself with this one, this is by far the biggest challenge so far weight loss wise, I am really forcing myself, so heres hoping in a few days I will be more positive!! Wish me luck

xxxxxxxxxx

Hey LittleMiss, I'm sorry things haven't been going great lately, It is very sad to hear, But the fact you've still got a positive attitude makes me smile :)

I dont really want to flaunt My diet out there as i know im just going to get slammed for it, & i REALLY REALLY cant be bothered with arguments.
I think what matters is that im happy in myself for once and feel healthier than i did weeks ago, Im not sure how eating one meal a day fits in with it all.
But its working for me - my tummy feels smaller and i tried on a size smaller jeans today which i ordered out the catalog months ago (but kept them as i knew they would fit me one day) and they fitted! That just gave me the motivation to carry on - and the smile i needed to get me through another day - oh and the fact that im half a pound lighter since yesterday, was 13st 4 lbs now 13st 3 & 3/4 !
If you bear with me ive been keeping my own private dairy so i'll just have to scan back a few pages as im not to sure of how long ive been doing the diet Its not that long though & ill tell you exactly everything what ive been doing, and what the doctor said xxxx

Right Im back lol....
Just for anyone that see's this, i am in no way trying to promote low calorie diets or Anything similar, Yes i can honestly say My doctor recommended this diet & he guarantees ill have lost a stone come my next appointment 3lbs 3/4 to go!

Sorry about that little miss - Its just i dont want to upset anyone, But as your already aware of intermittent fasting Then ill tell you everything about what ive been doing.

A little bit about me, i was always very skinny as a teenager my highest being about 9 1/2 stone, But once i fell pregnant Omg the weight just literally poured onto me.
And for the past 8 years has never left me.
For two years i have hovered between 14 stone and 14 & half (14 stone 6lbs when i signed up to minimins in 2011!)
I have literally tried every diet known to man - Honestly from faddy types to slimming world, slim fast i did slim fast for 16 weeks, And stuck to it like my life depended on it,and lost a whopping half a stone! - that's sarcasm btw! With a 2 week off the diet, i had put 3lbs back on!!, so yes i gave up.
Ive even done the healthy eating thing: healthy breakfast, dinner and lunch with daily exercise with very little success.
About 3 weeks ago i went to see my doctor as everything was just getting me down, my weight included - which actually plays a huge part in why i felt down. so here what he said:
"You lack willpower" Which i was annoyed to hear, But he was right,
He said the problem with people these days is they listen to everyone else, he said people dont need to eat as much as they do. Its ridiculous
He believes the starvation mode is a myth....." how can people hold onto to fat what a pile of rubbish " he said tell that to the polar bears - and other animals with lack of food - im sure they'll beg to differ lol" And i said well what a bout when you your body starts going to your muscles for energy, he just laughed and i meant laughed he said "well your bodys stupid if it does that", its knows your fat is there more dispensable source he did say though "yeah there is a certain truth in it, its called anorexia - when there's nothing left for your body to take energy from" so i asked him what i should do then - He said its simple eat less and do more. so i said well that narrows it down a bit - sarcasm again............
He said listen your over weight - you want to lose it. simple dont eat as much as you are he said " really what is a salad going to do for you. he said at your current weight and how you've been eating it'll do nothing, so instead of the salad just dont eat it if you get me."
He said there something called intermittent fasting, were you dont eat for 2 days out of seven or why dont you just eat one meal a day.
He said i bet you do this for month and you'll have lost a stone.
Ive been doing it for 3 weeks and have lost all in all 10lbs - just 3 3/4lbs to go! (my previous loss was when i first signed up btw)
I didn't think it would work but it had, I dont feel Hungary any more but strangely feel very active! i feel happy when i get up in the morning and no longer crave fatty foods.
It was hard though.. the first week especially i felt so Hungary but i knew i would get a huge meal at the end of it - with a toffee crisp yum yum
So what have i been eating? Fajitas with salad and minced beef with full fat mayo and cheese! Chips egg and beans (-my fave) with two white bread) Chippy last night, Spaghetti bolognese with melted cheese on (yum yum) shepherds pie again with cheese.
You see im not depriving myself - But over the past 2 weeks my portion size has dropped dramatically i couldn't finish of a potion of spaghetti that's so not like me usually i have the same serving as my partner! not joking,
I have done no exercise apart from a few 20 minutes walks last week.
I just want to say that i dont see this as a long term thing - i do know that right now its working for me, I look forward to my big tea at the end of the day.
But through the day i eat nothing - and i mean nothing, i drink around 3 - 4 litres of water a day and have one multivitamin, oh and my skin on my face looks awesome my sis complemented on it the other day.
Just one more thing before i go & ill probs get slammed for it to but i dont care - David Blane lost over 50lbs in 44 days eating nothing stuck in box - so take that starvation mode!!! ..............

Last edited:
Hey!!

Wow!! Thanks so much for all that, dont even know where to start!? Your story is similar to mine, I put on all my weight thro pregnancy and it just didn't go away again, they tell you to eat for 2 but they dont tell you that its 10x as hard to lose weight while looking after a baby, and your body isn't as respondant (if thats the right word) Its so cruel though isn't it, coz you put it on, cant be bothered with the effort so end up going on like that for years.

I 100% agree with your doc, wish we cld have gotten that signed & posted on here. Now, i'm no expert, but if you dont eat your body eats your fat stores then they start to eat the muscle (anorexia type state) but people think you eat into your muscle when your still carrying fat...as for putting weight back on after diet finishes, well, think about it, if you eat a very healthy diet, there is no way that your gonna put weight on is there.

So you dont eat anything all day then have a normal dinner & toffee crisp? What time is that at? I dont know if I could manage anything like that, I like to eat late into the night, and I need something thro the day even if its just a sandwich. When I did fasting a while back I was shocked how quickly i started losing, coz i was still eating as usual. I need to get back onto it.

Well, today has been a strange 1, I had a sandwich at midday, nothing after it coz my banana was black, then i made battered haddock & chips for dinner and didn't eat any coz the fish was horrible. And its 8pm and still not had anything. Dont know what to have.

xxxxxxxxxx

Hello!! Just had a wee read through and funnily enough I read an article on The Sun website yesterday about this fasting malark. If you google 'intermittent fasting' the link should come up. They even include potential meal plans for the low-cal days which allow you to eat something during the day by the looks. Might be worth a look!

Hey!!

Wow!! Thanks so much for all that, dont even know where to start!? Your story is similar to mine, I put on all my weight thro pregnancy and it just didn't go away again, they tell you to eat for 2 but they dont tell you that its 10x as hard to lose weight while looking after a baby, and your body isn't as respondant (if thats the right word) Its so cruel though isn't it, coz you put it on, cant be bothered with the effort so end up going on like that for years.

I 100% agree with your doc, wish we cld have gotten that signed & posted on here. Now, i'm no expert, but if you dont eat your body eats your fat stores then they start to eat the muscle (anorexia type state) but people think you eat into your muscle when your still carrying fat...as for putting weight back on after diet finishes, well, think about it, if you eat a very healthy diet, there is no way that your gonna put weight on is there.

So you dont eat anything all day then have a normal dinner & toffee crisp? What time is that at? I dont know if I could manage anything like that, I like to eat late into the night, and I need something thro the day even if its just a sandwich. When I did fasting a while back I was shocked how quickly i started losing, coz i was still eating as usual. I need to get back onto it.

Well, today has been a strange 1, I had a sandwich at midday, nothing after it coz my banana was black, then i made battered haddock & chips for dinner and didn't eat any coz the fish was horrible. And its 8pm and still not had anything. Dont know what to have.

xxxxxxxxxx

Well we usually eat quite late on as well roughly 6:30 - 7ish By this time i usually am quite Hungary - But not as much as i would of been weeks ago - and then ill have my toffee crisp - (Love em <3 )say 9 ish And that's me stuffed.
Somethings i just dont understand with diets, - and most of the time, I didn't understand why they wasn't working for me - but everyone else had massive success's, with them? But i feel like i finally found something that works for me - I do realize its not some big miracle thing & most likely in the long run i wont keep it up, but like you i cant see me putting it all back on, because i return to a healthy diet, But i guess time will tell, But right now im happy with whats happening and Feel like im looking forward to my next weigh in.
I Think If you feel like you cant mange it lil miss, then dont do it, I really did push myself them first few days - Maybe i was trying to prove my doctor wrong - i dont know But when i realized a few days after the diet that dinner time had passed and i still wasn't Hungary And then a few days more i saw a drop on the scales, It just spurred me on!
I know somethings often work for one & not for another So you do what ever you feel happy with - Well that's my story anyway :)
Ill keep everyone updated with my progress & Im looking forward to see how you get On lilmiss - i KNOW YOU CAN DO IT! you've done it before - And your story certainly give me the motivation & Inspiration to carry on & realize that it can be done, So thanks ...:)

Awwww thanks so much!! Things haven't been any better to be honest, I just really dont know where my motivation is, I have alot going on work wise, maybe I just dont have time to think about what to do!? I really must start fasting and soon. uch...motivation please come to me!!!!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxx

I know how you feel, Motivation has never been my strongest point, Its hard to get into that frame of made when you've got a lot going on,
Especially if your a bit stressed out too,
I think you should get all your work stuff out the way first, Until you can totally commit yourself to it! Maybe just make small changes for now,
And sort of ease yourself into, Intill you can concentrate on it fully - xxxxxxx

Thanks x

Today has been better but still not on track, I haven't eaten much only a sandwich & half plate of pasta about to eat another sandwich crisps and a yogurt before bed, so not too bad but not amazing either. I naturally fast each day, but I normally only get to around 12 hours, so thats kinda good, and really its not that much extra I have to do to be totally fasting. Only another 2 hrs. I think what you said is true, i'm so focused on other things and i should hold off a few days maybe, but even if I could just keep an eye on my fasting times, i'd be happy with that, and then start making an effort to bump it up a bit.

xxxxxxxxx

New Start Date - 21st April 2013 (weight 14.8)

Hey everyone! I have been gone for a couple of months, the last time I updated this was about 3 months ago. I don't really know what happened, life got a bit hectic, I increased my hours in work and its taken me a while to get used to that. I've been finding it difficult to work full time and do everything else. Counting Cals and exercising hasn't had a look in, I've just been far too busy. But now I feel ready. Last weekend I realised I need to start again, I weighed myself & realised i'd put on 9lbs in the space of 3 weeks, so I was good all week, decided to cut out choc and all things majorly fattening, I've not been counting cals but I've been really good. I weighed this morning after 7 days and I've lost 6lbs, so i'm over the moon and its spurred me on to lose more. This week I will be exercising as well. I don't know if i'll have time to put all my food on this every night but i'll defo be popping in with updates more often. I have a long journey ahead. xxxxx

Last edited:
28th April 2013 - 6lbs lost

5th May 2013 - STS

12th May 2013 - STS

After my last post and my loss of 6lbs, I continued to cut out chocolate and crisps and started exercising, I used the treadmill, sit ups, weights ect, not a lot but more than i'm used to. After a week of this I stayed the same weight wise, I told myself that when I lost weight before I sometimes only lost once a fortnight so I continued on to the 3rd week, did the same again, exercise, healthy eating, and again lost nothing. I weighed on Sunday just past and was really upset about it, but I didn't binge or decide to forget it all, I just continued, this weight will come off if its the last thing I do. I think however that my cals have still been quite high, even though no unhealthy snacks my meals have been as normal, and I worked out on average I was eating 1600 per day and I wont lose weight that way, so this week i'm back to counting cals which I didn't want to do because of the hassle involved. I want to be around 1200 and exercising every day. Wish me luck...

Last edited:
19th May 2013 - 1lb lost

I've now been doing this for 4 weeks and starting my 5th. Still not had a bit of chocolate. Every day is a good day if I still haven't had any. I had 2 Jaffa cakes on Saturday and didn't feel the need to eat any more chocolate after, so that's a big thing for me. I'm really happy with myself.

Last week was "ok" Its my worst week of the month because im due my totm (any day) and I've had mega cravings....had to stop myself a few times. I've exercised only a couple of times, the times I didn't do it is down to me not being organised enough, rather than lack of motivation (I actually feel better when I do it) Oh and the cal counting hasn't been great either...again just haven't had the time. So, i'm taking a new approach this week and i'm going to JUDDD....5:2. Which I still see as cal counting in a way. I will give it a go.....watch this space.

The last 2 weeks I have STS so to get 1lb loss today was good, I thought it would be more, i'm 14.1 now and dying to get into the 13's. I hope I get a decent loss next week because that'll be my totm gone.

Back