Little Rant...Don't Mind Me..Stress of Moving House

hobnobsmummy

Silver Member
Should be pleased as punch that we have FINALLY sold our flat, but having sold 3 times already I can't help but feel on edge about our buyers dropping out as previous ones have done.
Stress is starting to get to me a little bit, we have been on the market now for a year and a half, I just want a house with no stress involved? obviously wishful thinking!

Also my Hubby and I CANNOT agree on properties, He is obsessed with Town Houses and he can't see my reasoning of how complicated they can be with young children, carrying shopping in and also the gardens are tiered (so lots and lots of concrete steps) It's ok for him being at work all day and only needing to use the steps twice a day, once to get out and once to get in! lol.

We currently live in a 1st floor maisonette so have evil steep concrete steps outside our front door, that I cannot wait to be rid of. they are Lethal. I dont want to move somewhere that still presents the problem of going up lots of stairs just to get into the house.

Am I being unreasonable? Just starting to feel bit stressed out with it all and we have only been sold for 2 weeks.

sorry off topic I know but needed to vent...

Don't apologise for venting hon, it's better than going off & eating!!!!

Firstly well done on selling & as hard as I'm sure it is try & stay positive about it all.... Secondly no I don't think you're being unreasonable, you need to find a property you're all happy with. My first ever flat was concrete steps & I fell on them so many times (although have to admit a few were alcohol related falls lol). I'm in what I call a mid-terrace but I think as its only 30 years old we should call it a town house but I do have access (albeit not vehicle access) round the back. I'm happy here but would like a semi (nice 1930s one is my dream) just for a bit more space. Have you explained to him why you feel the way you do x

A town house doesn't always have lots of steps in and out. Quite often they're called that because they're 3 storeys. You both need to find something you're happy with otherwise there'll always be marital grief somewhere along the line.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

A town house doesn't always have lots of steps in and out. Quite often they're called that because they're 3 storeys. You both need to find something you're happy with otherwise there'll always be marital grief somewhere along the line.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Oh is a town house a 3 storey place, oh I don't have one of them:cry:

Yeah Lex its 3 storeys, the one Hubby likes has Stairs as you go in the front door to go up to the kitchen and lounge and then stairs from that level to the bathroom and bedrooms.
We dont disagree on many other things, but this we cant seem to agree on lol.

hobnobsmummy said:
Yeah Lex its 3 storeys, the one Hubby likes has Stairs as you go in the front door to go up to the kitchen and lounge and then stairs from that level to the bathroom and bedrooms.
We dont disagree on many other things, but this we cant seem to agree on lol.

Sounds really nice - sorry lol! But as I said before you all have to be happy xx

It has plenty of space but the garden is tiered and concrete, there are so many bad things about it lol. I think we have finally agreed on another one tho which is good, just hope they accept our offer!

hobnobsmummy said:
It has plenty of space but the garden is tiered and concrete, there are so many bad things about it lol. I think we have finally agreed on another one tho which is good, just hope they accept our offer!

Everything crossed for you xx

Lexie, I'm sure you have an attic that we could count as a third storey?
I can really sympathise as our house has been on the market for about the same length of time, lots of interest but no bites yet (usually because they can't get theirs sold) It is very stressful keeping the house looking decent in case the estate agent rings with a viewer, especially with the kids on half term. We have managed to agree on a new one, just need this one sold first!

KB x

Oh KB I agree, worst part is when they phone and say can they come in an hour and you look at the house and it looks like a bombs hit it and you think, wonder if I could get it presentable in an hour....Pressure is on! I feel like Challeneg Anika when they do that lol.

Now we have accepted an offer we wont get anymore viewings, its been taken off the market, which is good in one way in that we dont have the viewings anymore but a bit of a pain because someone else might come along and offer us more money for it!

They say it is one of the most stressful things to do moving house, so let's see if I can keep away from the Kettle Crisps and Kebab shop comforts!

Back