Little sparks of slimming happiness...

basically just a room full of exercise bikes at the sport centre (many places do it) and everyone 'cycles' together to music and with the encouragement of the trainer at the front - she tells you when to get out of your seat to cycle and when to add more resistance so it's harder- sounds like hell (well that's what I thought before I first went) BUT it's great FUN!

Bought this top ages ago, which was actually just a little bit to tight at that time, but I loved it...aaand I still got bigger!!!
And now, when I finally thought:hmm maybe I could at last squeeze into it again... its too loose.lol
pitty...coz it is a real nice one.lol but nevertheless I am way happy :)

My mood swings have improved greatly since re-joining slimming world. Think it's due to healthy eating and increased exercise. I also wake in the morning and want to get straight up instead of laying in bed all morning.

Great thread Hellie, I enjoyed reading all the posts! My SW happiness is I got measured for a bra to-day and I'm down 1 cup size, mind you they are still massive!! My non SW happiness is I got my smear test results in to-day and they were clear! Very happy about that xx

My SW happiness today is that I allowed someone to take a photo of me! Sounds silly but I never used to let people do it as I hated to face the harsh reality of a pic.....but today, I didn't look horrific in the photo. Yay! :D

And I tried on a suit I wore for a wedding 6 years ago before I was really big and it fit....still a little tight around the bum....but it was on :D

Here it is below....soo happy, and great thread btw.

17301-albums1160-picture6698.jpg

You look lovely Indieflower! What a gorgeous suit :D

My SW happiness has been looking back on pictures I had taken a couple of yrs ago when I was 2 stone heavier and realising how far I've come without really appreciating it! Also fit into some trousers I'd had stored away in my cupboard for ages - and they feel a wee bit loose around the tum!

Ooooh, great thread Hellie! So important to look at things like this along the slimming journey :D

What a wonderful thread and well done everyone.

I'm wearing a pair of trousers that I wore last October and they pinched and were really tight around the calves.

Yesterday I was crawling around scrubbing a floor in them - not possible back then. (I don't usually wear clothes 2 days in a row but I'm helping at a holiday club so while tops and undies get changed, the trousers are staying!)

The other thing is my confidence is coming back. OK, I've still got about 7 stone to go but I've lost nearly 3. Before I started there's no way I would have gone out on a date - or if I had I would have been self conscious all evening. Instead I went and had a wonderful time (I must be getting really boring going on about my dat e- like I'm the only person who's ever been on one!!!)

No don't worry - I love to hear about dates!

I am VERY happy today because I ordered a pair of size 12 skinny jeans off the Littlewoods website and they fit amazingly well - and they don't dig in or hurt or anything! Only problem was - I bought a 31 inch leg which was far too long so I'm going to have to swap them for a 29 inch leg!

If you have never been on the littlewoods website then I HIGHLY recommend it - there are some lovely clothes on there - it's not at all how the shop used to be! I particularly like the 'Love Label' range!

You look lovely Indieflower! What a gorgeous suit :D

My SW happiness has been looking back on pictures I had taken a couple of yrs ago when I was 2 stone heavier and realising how far I've come without really appreciating it! Also fit into some trousers I'd had stored away in my cupboard for ages - and they feel a wee bit loose around the tum!

Ooooh, great thread Hellie! So important to look at things like this along the slimming journey :D

Thank you, and you couldn't be more right, it is so important to give ourselves a pat on the back once in a while!! Well done :D

(I must be getting really boring going on about my dat e- like I'm the only person who's ever been on one!!!)

Not at all Sue....in fact I'm looking forward to reading all about a blossoming love story! It can be like an online chick flick :D

Hope all is going fab!

K xx

I was in Sainsbury's last weekend and decided to look through the clothes. They do really nice knickers in there... £3 each or three for £7. I picked out two pair in the size that I have managed to get down to, 18 (it was 22 last year!)... decided as I found two that I liked, I may as well get the third pair for a quid more. Found a pair I liked but they only went up to size 16. So thought, sod it... I'll have them and I'll just wear them when I can. However, was dressing this morning in a rush and they were the best pair left in the drawer... so I bravely put them on. Guess what I'm wearing right now... ;) Hooray! I can now wear size 16 underpants when less than a year ago I was in size 22! :D :D :D

Ha, I came into this thread to post virtually the same thing! I was shopping last week and found a 3-pack of nice knickers for £2.50, in a size 18. Bargain, I thought, I'll have them because I'll probably be into them in a month or so ... but I'm wearing them now and they fit perfectly! I practically danced around the room. :D

OK, I know 18 is still huge, but I was a 26 in November when I started, so - WOOHOO! Oh, and the new skirt I had to buy for work a couple of months ago, size 20, is now slipping down onto my hips. I'll buy a new one in a couple of weeks or so, but I'm savouring the feeling of something being TOO BIG. :D

I spent half an hour this morning digging old clothes out of my wardrobe that I couldn't wear last summer...and I will be able to do so this summer :)

After reading this I have just been upstairs and tried on a pair of size 20 jeans that were way too small when I bought them (was a bit optimistic when I bought them off e bay) and I got even bigger after that..... And they actually fit, still a bit tight so I wont be wearing them out yet but I got them fastened and could even breathe when I put them on:D

yep couldnt fit into my size 20 skinny jeans (if u can ever call 20s skinny lol) beginning feb and now, nearly 2 stone later i practically live in them lol

No don't worry - I love to hear about dates!

I am VERY happy today because I ordered a pair of size 12 skinny jeans off the Littlewoods website and they fit amazingly well - and they don't dig in or hurt or anything! Only problem was - I bought a 31 inch leg which was far too long so I'm going to have to swap them for a 29 inch leg!

If you have never been on the littlewoods website then I HIGHLY recommend it - there are some lovely clothes on there - it's not at all how the shop used to be! I particularly like the 'Love Label' range!

Well I got the shorter length size 12's yesterday and they fit like a glove! I am so chuffed!

Back