Littlebird's Diary

I am now a week in and have lost 7lb. I've found it really easy so far but fell off the wagon yesterday as was at a lunch and just had to go along with what was there. The starter was melon and smoked salmon (only tiny amount of salmon so couldnt really just eat the salmon - so I ate a couple of spoonfulls of the melon too). The main course was gammon, roast potatoes, green beans and red cabbage which was all served up for us. Ate only one roast potato and couple of mouthfulls of the red cabbage, but ate the gammon and green beans (turned down the cumberland and parsley sauces). Then dessert - PRESSURE!! I ate the tiniest slither of the home made chocolate cake with tiny spoon of creme fraiche. I turned down the chocolates and the port/champagne/wines/bread and cheese board (i volunteered to drive which got me out of the alcohol easily), but we were at a aprty of 9 people where I only knew the host/hostess and not really well enough to dictate what I ate.

What do I do now? Back on attack for 3 days? Will I gain or will I get away with it?

So disappointed as was doing so well. We even went for a chinese on Friday night and I stuck to it with steamed prawns for starters and baked sea bass with green beans for my main course - grrrrr! :cry:

aww we have all been there. would carry on with cruise and just make sure you drink plenty of water get those nasty carbs out of your system x

It sounds as though you tried to keep the damage to a minimum, Littlebird. Jo usually recommends to drink plenty of water in cases like this. You might want to do an extra PP day, but it depends on how much naughty stuff you actually ate.

Don't panic. It'll all work out in the wash.

Drank loads of water yesterday (thats all I drank), and have had quite a bit so far today. Am on PP day today and going to do the extra PP day too just to make sure - thanks.

Good plan. I had a big event on Saturday night, and am usually really strict with myself so decided all bets were off for one night. Not recommended but am on day 2 of 3 post party attack days and throwing water down my neck like there's no tomorrow! Just stay on the straight and narrow now and you'll be fine :)

Let us know how you get on, weight wise. Obviously this sort of a tactic only works occasionally, and isn't recommended for regular weekend lapses... :D

When I weighed this morning, I was the same as I was Sunday morning and yesterday morning - so suppose I cannot grumble at staying the same and not gaining - just feel a bit gutted as I was doing so well.

Day 2 of PP and lots of water, so hopefully I can have another loss tomorrow.

Thanks for the replies.

Back