Littlest Cupcake. Low GL living.

forrrrcing myself to go to bodystep tonight - super tired but weirdly always feel better and sleep better if I exercise...now to just get out of the door. ;) hope you all had a good day xx

pretty good day today by all accounts, dieting really is so much easier when I am organised.

b: 2x soy bread toasted w/ organic peanut butter
s: 2x apricots
l: salad nicoise
s: banana and babybel
d: salmon w/ pesto, rocket and roasted tomatoes with a piece of wholemeal bread.

exercise: 60 minute high intensity aerobic step class (killer)

Ive been having a sneaky weigh every now and again, and my weight it maintaining only fluctuating by 0.5 of a pound. which I am really happy about to be fair. I could say I want to lose more weight, but because I am exercising much more now I am more toned, and therefore I think I look better at 8 stone than I did at 7.10 and my clothes seem bigger..does that make sense or am i mad?!! i dont know, i honestly just think if I lose more weight I might start looking a bit unhealthy doesnt mean I dont want to stop toning up though!

Food sounds fab!
I had exactly the same breakfast :)

Good on you for going to the class!

Your goal of toning up sounds good! If your weigh is stable and you're happy then toning is the way forward
Good luck

Lauren xX

Phew....

I have had a baddddd week food wise. And the scales dont lie!

Been catching up with alot of friends / trips away etc.

So really need to rein it in a bit now.

Lethargy is beginning to rear its head...so tomorrow it is back on the band wagon 100%

Xx

Hi all, sorry I haven't really updated properly in a long while.

I'm going to be totally honest, I've been struggling with some bad thoughts and behaviours over the last couple of weeks.

No binging, but no real food either.

I've been slipping back into dangerous thought processes and only managing to average about 600 calories a day, just eating slim and save packets - which at 110 pounds is unnecessary to say the least.

Things have the capability to get a lot worse from here if I let it - but I just wanted to let you know I am determined not to give in to the throws of yet another bout of eating disorder.

I know I will always have disordered eating, always, I will always be in recovery or under the influence of ed thoughts. But I have so much good in my life at the moment I really need to fight these bad thoughts and habits.

I was enjoying a low gl way of living so much, but my mind is playing tricks on me yet again.

I wish things were different.

I am going to get better though. X

Didn't want to read and run! Big hugs to you hon! Hang in there. I don't know what to say on the ED front but I know there are some threads in the general weight loss section which might support that specifically? Are these feelings connected to stress/unhappiness? We've all been there and it's very hard to do what we know we 'should' in those times, but I hope you have the support you need to ensure that your health won't suffer.

I do have every confidence you can get through this, as you said yourself you've done very well already which shows that you can, and you sound determined.

Hugs, please look after yourself. x

Hello all.

Just checking in.
Thought I would let you all know that I am ok.

Still not really well enough to post on here, my head is still slightly muddled.

But I have managed to start exercising again which is good because it forces me to eat more, i cant survive with exercise on 300 cals a day, so at least with exercise comes higher calories.

Anyway, ive also been super busy at work which is never good for someone with disordered eating thoughts/habits.

Thought i would inject some sunshine by adding a couple of pictures of my graduation last week. Proud to get my masters degree. Phd next :)

Missing you all, hope your all ok and enjoying the sun. (finally!)

ForumRunner_20120723_195025.jpg

ForumRunner_20120723_195034.jpg

ForumRunner_20120723_195050.jpg

ForumRunner_20120723_195101.jpg

ForumRunner_20120723_195109.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20120617_1627471.jpg
    IMG_20120617_1627471.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 62
Glad you're hanging in there hun! Your graduation pics are fab, I love your outfit! :) Big congrats on getting your masters, that's amazing and must have taken so much work. x

Glad to find you well!!
That dress is fab and you look lovely!
Keep going and keep us upto date

Lauren xX

Thanks for all your lovely comments.

Have just spent 100 pounds on food to stock my cupboards, i cannot go on with diet packs - i am becoming stupidly obsessed with weight (again) and losing all the hard work i put in making myself healthier and fitter. Next week = three low gl meals and 2 snacks each day, and back in the gym three times a week or more. this bloody silly relationship with food/weight has to end
Hope you are all ok xxxxx

Go cupcake
You can do it we are all here to support you if needed

Lauren xX

Thanks Lauren. :)

I am feeling a lot better. Weirdly the Olympics has provided some much needed inspiration! Really wanted to get back to the gym and realised I need to eat good food to give me energy for that!

So here we are...I am back in business.

Weeks shop..done!

ForumRunner_20120805_202753.jpg

Your shopping makes me so hungry! It all looks lovely can't wait to hear your weeks menu

Lauren xX

Ok so firmly back in the game today. Feeling good, positive and strong.

Breakfast: homemade muesli with blueberries and skimmed milk.

(Jordans rolled oats, sunflower seeds, macadamia nuts,pumpkin seeds, xylitol and ground almonds)

ForumRunner_20120806_201313.jpg

Lunch: Leek, bean and potato soup

Here are the very simple ingredients!

ForumRunner_20120806_201527.jpg

Dinner:homemade pesto crusted salmon, baby new potatoes and roasted vine tomato salad.

ForumRunner_20120806_201642.jpg

And snacks: apple, and berry salad with Greek yoghurt.

ForumRunner_20120806_201738.jpg

Managed an hour cardio in the gym too tonight.

Welcome back me!

Hello all!

Another week in my crazy life!!

Have been a bit quiet because I've had a hectic week, I've been offered another new job. Its back at the bbc and as a reporter/journalist for Welsh news. Soo i am going to take it. Even though it means being back in an office not moving round as much, and it means shift work so messing with my eating pattern!

Anyway, this week has been good food wise, except yesterday as i was working at the eisteddfod and it was too hot to take my lunch (no fridge there) and all they had was carby stuff. Never mind though.

Today hasn't been great either as I've been out all day! But to celebrate my new job i have made homemade low gl wholemeal scones.

They were...immense.

ForumRunner_20120811_160814.jpg

Feeling ok, went shopping for work clothes today all in size six so happy with that :) xx

Ooo they look delicious!!! Could you put the recipe in the gl recipe sticky?? I'd love to try it :)

Fab about the new job sounds like things are going well :) love gearing your good news

Lauren xX

Hi cupcake, I 've been reading your posts on here and have felt such extremes of emotions with all you've been through. Looks like you are getting back on track, but if you are still struggling, can I suggest you reread how well you've done and how good you have felt, it really is inspirational.

And your graduation photos were great!

maccalenny said:
Hi cupcake, I 've been reading your posts on here and have felt such extremes of emotions with all you've been through. Looks like you are getting back on track, but if you are still struggling, can I suggest you reread how well you've done and how good you have felt, it really is inspirational.

And your graduation photos were great!

Thank you so Much for these kind words, they mean so much to me. :)

You are right too, sometimes I think we forget that we can be an inspiration to ourselves in hard times - and it is important to remind ourselves of how far we have come. I should do that more.

What plan are you following lovely?? Xx

Hello all

Excuse me for being rubbish, as i am sure you can imagine, leaving a job is a busy time! I finished Friday - sad times. But luckily have two weeks off now! Planning on sorting out lots of freezer meals for when i start shift work. I am also going on a short break to see a friend in Ireland. Really looking forward to that.

The last couple of weeks I have been a bit meh with food - you know when tonnes of events happen at once?

lots of birthdays, meals with friends, leaving doos etc.

I have tried to make.up for it.with lots of gym time - but i think I may have a.serious problem with my shoulder and going mental on the equipment and weights isn't helping!

Still, making healthy decisions and planning where I can.

Also, when you finish a vlcd -does anyone else feel,like me, that you find you are constantly waiting for the moment that the weight goes back on, you know? My mind still isnt in a state of outright belief that I am 8 stone. But a friend reminded me today that i finished Cambridge in April, four months ago. I have now been maintaining for as long as I did Cambridge and my weight hasn't fluctuated by more than a few pounds. I need to bring the mind inside the body and remember I am doing ok, and have a healthier way of life now but can still enjoy treats without waking up 3 stone heavier the next day.

Anyway, here are some recent food pics, including the amazing afternoon tea put on for my leaving do.

Pics include: teriyaki prawns and vermicelli noodles, wholemeal cheese and basil swirls, tuna fishcake with pakchoi, mushroom and asparagus tagliatelle with homemade pesto, tofu with sprouting broccoli, homemade Mexican beans with sweet potato, pavalova, and chicken stuffed with feta and mushrooms with lemon courgettes.

ForumRunner_20120826_205130.png

ForumRunner_20120826_205154.png

A1FQMaPCYAADebT-1.jpeg

ForumRunner_20120826_205242.png

ForumRunner_20120826_205256.png

ForumRunner_20120826_205309.png

ForumRunner_20120826_205332.png

ForumRunner_20120826_205355.png

ForumRunner_20120826_205412.png

ForumRunner_20120826_205431.png

ForumRunner_20120826_205449.png

ForumRunner_20120826_205528.png