Live, love and laugh low gi: Laurenistas diary

Thanks molly
I'll be strong and get back to normal tomorrow

Lauren x

Welcome back Laurenista! Sorry to hear about your shoulder:( I hope it will get better soon. Also sorry to hear how unfriendly the other section was. Not everyone has the time to post all day long, or needs to. It doesn't matter how much weight you have to lose either. We do have it lucky in this section that all the people are so wonderful and kind :).

Thanks Cali! :)

So yesterday wasn't as bad as I thought
Sadly I had a few alcoholic drinks and felt so full I was unable to eat all afternoon and I am starving today :(
Calculated all my calories for yesterday and they only came in 22 over my daily target which was good! I also did a lot of walking and dancing so hoping this will all balance out :)

Lauren x

Sounds like you had a nice time out. I think the walking and dancing balanced out the few drinks:) You have to be allowed to enjoy yourself even while dieting :)

Hi ladies I've had family up for over the last week then an exam and I'm currently finish my final assignment of the uni year so it's a stressful time!! Hence the lack of posting hope your all well
Lauren xX

A busy time for you!! Good luck for your exams. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you Molly!
I have finished my exams and my final assignment of my first year :)
So from tomorrow I will be around a lot more!
I am planning my meals for the week, I start a new placement on Monday but this one is community so only one meal to take with me each day :)
Big shop tomorrow then going to fill my freezer with homemade soups etc ready for the weeks ahead!
I read some research recently about nurses being the most unhealthy professionals! I decided I enter to be an exception to that and it has spurred me to get back on track
Lauren xX

Last few days have been very good!

Started most days with either muesli fruit and yoghurt or porridge!

Had soup or a wrap for lunch

Been snacking on fruit and nuts

Dinner has been pasta arabriata with salad or fish and veg!

Not going to badly I have replaced all drinks with water or herbal tea! Apart from 1 morning coffee!

Feeling good ATM long may it last

Lauren xx

Another good day
Breakfast- muesli with banana grapes and low fat yoghurt
Lunch- seeded wrap with reduced fat hummus, peppers and tomatoes! Some cherries after
Dinner- butternut squash, butter been and edamame bean with sprinkle of light cheese
Snacks- seeds, apples and a scoop of light ice cream

Laurenista xX

Food is sounding excellent Lauren!!! Good on you!! Xx

Thanks cupcake I'm getting there!

This placement is really helping with my food! Its 8:30-5 so I can eat breakfast and dinner at home! There's nowhere really around the team base o eat so not tempted to not take lunch and buy a sandwich!
I'm managing to say no to the office biscuits and sweeties! I always find if I cave in once I'll do it repeatedly so I'm staying clear!! I'm finding if I'm needing a healthier sweet treat a nakd bar or a scoop of light ice cream is good enough to please!
Just a few steps back into my low GI ways that I've made!
Feeling very focused on it this week home to have a few weeks of this before I have to battle with my will power!

Laurenista xX

Last edited:
Well done on feeling so focused. Resisting the bickies at work can be tough, so well done to not caving in. Swapping in water and herbal teas as drinks really does pay dividends. Your skin will gleam and you won't feel hungry either.
Menus look fab!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good job Laurenista on saying no to office sweets. Those are always the tough ones to say no too. Sounds like you're in charge of your diet :)

This week has been good so far...
Today has gone like this so far
B- slice of burgen toasted with a thin layer of organic peanut butter
S- banana
L- Greek salad, feta cheese and olives (proper Greek style)
S- low fat fruit yoghurt and 2 prunes

Haven't decided on dinner yet :/

Lauren xX

This week has been good!
I have started reading about mindful eating in a book called eat what you love love what you eat! It's helping a lot with my binges! I feel much more incharge and I'm eating much smaller meals but feeling constantly satisfied! Which is brilliant for me as I used to have an unstoppable hunger constantly! I've found I'm thinking about food less and don't need to plan ahead as I can have anything I want and I don't crave bad food anymore only filling healthy foods! Big smile from me this week!
I am not weighing myself however I have noticed that my stomach has shrank a lot recently and I don't feel bloated at all :)

Lauren xX

The forum is very quiet at the moment hope your all well?!
Just checking in and letting you know I'm doing well and finding genuine pleasure in eating food and savour it's flavour!

Hope to hear from you all soon :)

Lauren xX

laurenista said:
This week has been good!
I have started reading about mindful eating in a book called eat what you love love what you eat! It's helping a lot with my binges! I feel much more incharge and I'm eating much smaller meals but feeling constantly satisfied! Which is brilliant for me as I used to have an unstoppable hunger constantly! I've found I'm thinking about food less and don't need to plan ahead as I can have anything I want and I don't crave bad food anymore only filling healthy foods! Big smile from me this week!
I am not weighing myself however I have noticed that my stomach has shrank a lot recently and I don't feel bloated at all :)

Lauren xX

Hello lovely!!! So so good to hear you getting on so well - i may buy that book it sounds great. Do you think it would help me with my binges? Though i have been pretty good recently :)

How did all your exams go? Xxx

It's helped me and I was a regularly bingeing!
Its good for anyone who tends to overeat at Neal times too!

They went okay just waiting for the results now and I hate waiting! Lol

How's things with you?

Lauren xX

Things are good with me hun....maybe slightly struggling with exercise this week! Just having one of those weeks where i dont have energy!

Bet you did well in your exams!

:)

Glad your well
know the feeling!
Ive been walking loads since my shoulder injury due to not being allowed to do other things and finding its just not enough with working 9-5 I can't get swimming in public swim times so I feel a bit lost!
However I had my weight done at the doctors for my depo injection and I've lost 8.5 lbs since me last injection which was 3 months ago :) so just walking mustn't be doing me that badly.
My idea is to only look at my weight when I go to the doctors every so that's every 3 months

Lauren xx

Back