Lively Veggies - your suggestions!

Mmm, roasted veg. I chop courgette, peppers, red onion, butternut squash mushrooms and chuck in some cherry tomatoes. Then pour over a generous amount of balsamic vinegar and add black pepper, salt and a bayleaf. Cover and roast until veg is cooked. Sorry I don't do measurements but this is the ultimate roast veg receipe. You can also add other veg depending on your tastes etc.

ahhhh chika im hungry now

Grate some courgettes (squeeze out any excess water)and a clove or two of garlic (or just chop it finely to save your fingers). Spray light a sauce pan, add courgettes and garlic, cook over a low heat stiring often until soft and all excess water has evaporated then add one or two laughing cow light triangles.

I love that with fish. In fact having it tonight with my Lemon sole.

Sometimes if the courgettes are large and tough looking then I peel half the skin off before I grate them.
Lx

TOTALLY STUFFED MUSHROOMS

I've tried to copy a dish from the harvester's menu, which is what i order whenever i go there, and it tastes VERY similar to their version - yay!

sins = free on both days(if using cheese as h.extra)
serves = 1

ingrediants
2 pack of large mushrooms
half a leek
half a small onion
3 light laughin cow triangles*
small pinch of low fat cheese*

*count as one healthy extra 'a' choice

1. turn oven on, remove stalks from mushrooms and lay on a baking tray open side up.
2. finely chop the leek and blanch in pan of boiling water for a few minutes.
3. finely chop the onion and mushroom stalks and fry in frylight until softened.
4. drain the leeks and add to the onion.
5. add the 3 cheese traingles and stir over a low heat so the cheese melts.
6. fill the mushrooms with the mixture and put in the oven for around 10 minutes.
7. top the mushrooms with the grated cheese and leave a few more minutes for the cheese to melt.

they're VERY tasty and i serve mine with a jacket potato, peas and some bbq sauce, but you can have it with anything as it's free on both days. they would probably be lovely with a steak!

TOTALLY STUFFED MUSHROOMS

I've tried to copy a dish from the harvester's menu, which is what i order whenever i go there, and it tastes VERY similar to their version - yay!

sins = free on both days(if using cheese as h.extra)
serves = 1

ingrediants
2 pack of large mushrooms
half a leek
half a small onion
3 light laughin cow triangles*
small pinch of low fat cheese*

*count as one healthy extra 'a' choice

1. turn oven on, remove stalks from mushrooms and lay on a baking tray open side up.
2. finely chop the leek and blanch in pan of boiling water for a few minutes.
3. finely chop the onion and mushroom stalks and fry in frylight until softened.
4. drain the leeks and add to the onion.
5. add the 3 cheese traingles and stir over a low heat so the cheese melts.
6. fill the mushrooms with the mixture and put in the oven for around 10 minutes.
7. top the mushrooms with the grated cheese and leave a few more minutes for the cheese to melt.

they're VERY tasty and i serve mine with a jacket potato, peas and some bbq sauce, but you can have it with anything as it's free on both days. they would probably be lovely with a steak!

Had this last night and it was lovely. Thanks for posting this xx

Had this last night and it was lovely. Thanks for posting this xx

you're welcome. i love this recipe. it can be eaten on red and green days and is good for filling your plate up for a success express meal too. :)

Back