Liv's Weight loss Journey!

littleflowerliv

Like many others on here, I wanted to write my own weight loss journey and share it with others.
I'm new to MiniMins, and have been going to Slimming World for 4 weeks, with a total loss of 4lbs.

My first week was great and I lost 3lbs! This is not my first attempt at Slimming world so I got into the plan quite quickly.
My second week went well. I lost 2lbs although I did have some blips.
My third week was my worst, and put on a lb. It's only small but still disappointing none the less! I did push it with sausages and chips and chocolate and malibu!
Having said that I have drawn a line under it :)
This week is looking good, I have been as gold as gold! I am buzzing for my half stone award, and will be quite gutted if I dont get it!
So far I have been sticking to Extra Easy, and today's food diary looks something along the lines of:

Breakfast: 2 Weetabix (HEB), Fat Free Natural Yoghurt and Mango (yum!)

Lunch: Pasta, Ham, Pea and Spinach Salad, with Philly Cheese (HEA)

Snacks: Apple, Satsuma, a Turkish Delight - which rellies got for me on hol (2 syns for 14g or 4 for 28g) Ben and Jerry's Baked Alaska (13Syns for 100g)
Pepsi Max

Am now looking forward to a Chicken Cassarole, my darling Mother is making for dinner :)

Good luck on all your wonderful journeys,

Liv xx

Welcome! I am new to this site too and i love it! I love reading what other people are eating and it really gives me motivation and ideas!
You seem to have got yr head around it and well sone for drawing a line under a bad week!
When is yr WI? Dont worry if you dont get yr half stone award this next time...yr gonna get it soon enough, I find that if i am extra good one week it actually shows on the scales the week after! - which can be annoying!
Good Luck x

My weigh in is Tuesday!
I know it will come soon enough but I feel really good about this week, maybe it wont show for a while yet!

I love this site! I did have a profile on facebook just for slimmingworld stuff, and I have found some really helpful posts on there, but I think this site is much more inviting! Plus its more friendly :)
How have you found it?

Liv xx

I love this site! I quite like SW as well ha ha. I looked on FB for a while too, could find some stuff but quite mixed. This is good cos everyone is on a diet LOL.

Good luck for Tuesday! Mine is tomorrow morning while it's school holidays then it'll be back to Thursday evening.

The best thing is that this is constant support and ideas. I love seeing what everyone's eating as sometimes in my house i feel like the only person in the world on a deit! - if u look at my diary u will see a pic of all the choc my husband bought yesterday! Makes it very hard for me sometimes! xx

I will have a sneak peak at your diary! :)

Update: Muller light (toffee - still free) for pud :p :D

Liv xx

Monday 15th August 2011

This is my 2nd attempt to write this! Silly internet!

Yesterday was a bit of a fail :sigh: as I blew out all my syns by stuffing my face after i logged out of here :/ A whole box of Turkish delights in one sitting. :break_diet: Its like I have no self control!

After confessing! I'm officially drawing a line under last night!

^^There it is my line!

Today I have had my usual breakfast: Weetabix, banana and fat free natural yoghurt.
I also have had a necterine as a snack :)

Since being on plan, I have noticed that merely haveing breakfast makes a big change to my day! I feel a lot more awake and i have even started waking up hungry. Its most definately a chnage for the good!

Now to contemplate what to have for lunch!
I hope that if I have been extra good today, then I can sort make up for my blip last night :)

Liv xx

Hello!
I am also new to the site, and also not my first attempt at slimming world! Hope you dont mind me having nose at your diary, Ive started one of my own in the hope that it will keep me on track!
Your breakfast sounds delicious, I might have to try it for myself tomorrow!
Good luck with the WI, I know how disheartening it can be when you have a weight gain!
Will keep coming back for a look at your diary!
Charlotte xx

Tuesday 16th August 2011

Charlotte: I find that keeping a diary really keeps me focused! Reading everyone's stories also helps as I feel inspired to stick with it! I'll have a peek at your diary. I love pinching ideas! :)

Weigh in: -3lbs :) Got my 1/2 Stone :D:D:D:D
I'm so happy!

Today has been really good, I have had my usual breakkie (not a lot changes there! I like my system! :p)
Lunch was a mugshot (chicken flavour -Free. Dinner was a lovely syn-free spag bog and i very happily spent my syns with a crunchie :)

My only problem is finding a way to have my healthy X a :/ but I'll try drinking more tea.

Overall I really really really really am happy that I have achieved my 1st award :) Its like an epiphany: SW really does work!

I hope everyone's weeks are going just as well as mine :)

Liv xxx

Well done! u really deserve the loss! :)

What you could do is have some cheese? I like the light baby bells and they go lovely on top of spag bol! U could also have some laughing cows...i stir these into mugshot sometimes to make them thicker! yummy!

Well done again! x

Thanks Cai :) Those are really good ideas!!:) Hope you're having a good week :)

Liv xxx

OMG I AM DISGUSTING

Yesterday was great slimming world wise, I used my syns (and not go over), used both HEA &B. I also ate free and superfree food until I exploded!

Today however, is not so good. I have recently just reviewed my Uni work over the last year and I have tried to organise it.
I'm stressed out that I don't know any of it. I'm also freaking out because the new term is supposed to be the toughest term of the course (by that I mean it's sheer OVERLOAD of work) and I am struggling to comprehend how i'll cope!

So to compensate for all of this i ate a whole packet of tortillas (on their own as I weirdly like them that way, and seeing as 1 tortilla is about 6/7 syns I've screwed up today's plan). I now feel sick and gross.

I now feel if i cant do this then I cant do anything (self pity rant i'm sorry but I do feel crap).:cry:
Like this summer, I'm unemployed (woo), I have failed a driving test (doesnt help the lack of money situation) and now I have a feeling that this being the 100th time of doing slimming world, I won't actually reach my goal (again).
All of this sounds very silly, overdramatic and I do need a kick up the bum! I know that it doesnt matter how many times it took me to pass a stupid test and it doesnt matter I have F-all to my name when it comes to my bank account, that's what parents are for!
Even so, I HATE borrowing money, I hate having to beg people for lifts and I hate being the Fat friend at the party.
When it comes to food, it's most definitely tied to my emotions. When I feel out of control, my food goes out of control. You think it would be easy to say no? Easy to put the packet away! But NO. It's not easy for me at all. That is because I'm weak! I know I'm weak!
All in all today has not been successful, and its not even 2pm!

As of now, this RANT IS OVER. I'm sorry you had to read that.

I hope everyone is much more sucessful today then I am!

Liv xxx

Oh Liv, awful to read that someone is having a bad day, but it's o ly 1 day of food! :) chin up!! Everything will work out! Uni is tough but ppl get through it, yr def strong enough to get through it!!

I know how you feel about being the 'fat friend' - I'm sure most ppl here have felt like that at some point! I got it into my head that I was always the fattest person in the room no matter where I went. So I stopped going places...but it was such a silly thing!! My friend helped me through it! :) she was my rock! She made me realise that everyone is unhappy about something (for me weight) but at least that was something I could attempt to change! You can do that too!!! :)

Keep ranting all you want as it def helps xx

Cai, thats so nice. Thank you for being so supportive :) I just needed a big rant! I guess I needed a bad day just to get it out of my system!
It goes to show that losing weight, no matter what plan you choose is going to be hard at times, because you're changing a lot about yourself. You change your attitude to food, you may even realise you have an attitude in the first place! Until now I didnt know I had such an emotional bond with food! (Sounds very silly I know) I use it when I'm happy even more so when I'm sad or angry. I have no idea why! Maybe because I hate any form of confrontation, I don't know.
You're right in that everyone has their problems.
I have to draw a line under all under that and start again today. :)

Liv xxx

A Recent Epiphany

Since I've last posted I’ve had a hectic week. It’s been mainly hectic with my thoughts; I’m still an unemployed student with nothing to do all day but to contemplate. I got rejected from job number 5, so I have plenty of time on my hands. I've had to really think about what I want and what I'm willing to do to get it. First thing I think of is my weight. I don’t like the number it is. That is all weight is at the end of the day, a number.

Weigh in on Tuesday was a fail as I had put on 0.5lb. It sounds so silly that 0.5lb can me feel so awful about myself. However I keep telling myself that in the grand scheme of things 0.5lb is quite insignificant.

In essence, I have truly realised that I have reached my barrier. I have joined Slimming world only to create this quit-restart-quit cycle. It always tends to be the same story, I get to my half stone award, and then I seem to lose momentum. I don’t know what happens to me. I've been here before and I tell myself I don’t want to give up. I honestly don’t want to give up, yet I do. I have the power to stop putting crap into my mouth yet I still do it. I severely self-sabotage myself when I get to this point. I don’t understand why.

So I thought about it; if I give up now I don’t think I'll ever be happy in terms of my weight. I will regret it and have to join again. I’ll have to sit through the same re-join talk, look at the starting weight and give the same sigh of ‘what have I done to myself this time’. When I give up, I deal out some sort of punishment to myself in the way that I never buy new clothes because I tell myself: “There is no need to buy clothes when I’ll have to get rid of them when I lose the weight, so I’ll buy it later in the sale”. The fact is I never have lost enough weight to enjoy the clothes I promise myself time and time again. So inevitably I have missed out on beautiful dresses, skirts, tops, jeans, everything because of the empty promises I tell myself.

After reading all of this and the last few posts in my thread you all must think I’m some sad depressed teenager with issues. I say that because that is what I feel when I re-read it! If I were an outsider looking in, reading all of this I would think: “dear God this girl must really hate herself”. I would think this because I must be mad to punish myself over eating a few unhealthy things! How mad am I?! At the ripe old age of 19 I can tell you that the prospect of turning 20 scares me. A ridiculous thought for those of further “development”. ‘20 is nothing’ I hear you cry! I’m scared of it because I’m scared a new stage in my life. I’ll be in my ‘early twenties’, which is much more responsible than just being a teenager.

So after stuffing myself with cakes, sausage rolls, crisps, cider, ice-cream and all sorts of unforgiving food items I've decided enough is enough. I need to be in control. I don’t need to rely on food to make me happy. Food is not my friend. It makes me feel happy for a short while, only for me to regret it later. I'm not happy to have been here before. I'm not happy so I have got to do something about it! Simple!

I really wish it was simple. I wish I could just close my eyes and say "I want to fit into my size 10 dress please" and for that to magically happen! Good things never come easy. I have to muster determination, and strong will to overcome it. Until now I was naïve to think my weight loss was just about input and output, movement and food fuel.

So all in all I have a weigh in on Tuesday to dread. Although in reality I shouldn’t dread it. I shouldn’t waste my time dreading it. I have gone off plan badly and I will have trouble getting past this “barrier”. At the very least I am starting to understand the root of this problem.

Back to basics for me!

Liv xx

Oh bless you, I'm 22 (and know how it feels to turn 20, nothing changes, honestly!) But a lot of the feelings you've talked about in your post are positive because you know exactly what you need to do which is to carry on following SW - that alone is half the battle. It's far easier to sit and think 'hm, mer, maybe I'll lose more weight when I try again next time!' But next time it will still be the same, by carrying on, even when it feels crap, is half the battle!

I wish I'd stuck to SW the first time I did it when I was 20, I'm now 22 and nearly two stone lighter than I was then but that's only really due to the last year. You CAN do this, and you will! :)

Hope that wasn't too preachy, I'm exactly the same as you, but we will fit in a pretty dress that is whatever size we want it to be but falling off the wagon isn't going to achieve it!xx

Don't give up!! :) in fact I know yr not giving up but def don't get down over it (like we all do I know)
U have set yr mind at something and u will get there!! - I am positive about that, and if u ask my husband he will tell u I am never wrong lol :)
Take whatever happens on Tuesday with a smile on yr face and wave goodbye to that weight/number!! :) cos that is all weight is, a number! It's how we feel which really counts!
Maybe u need to think about short term goals! I started like that and did well, now weight loss has really slowed down and I need to set some more small goals to help me get there...could just be not to gain anything for 4 WI's...not that u have to loose 3lbs every week or summat!
Or it could be to try some red days, or green days etc. Or to drink more water to see what effect that has...to make some more meals from scratch...these are all ones I have had in the past.
I am currently trying to include red days...I have done 7 in a row and waiting for WI on thurs to see if any difference has happened?! If not, no worries, I'll get on. Sometimes we all need that approach :)

Good luck!! Keep coming on here for a read and catch up, and post everything u want to! We're all here to help of we can xx

Sorry for the late reply to these posts, my internest , but thank you ladies, You are so kind :) I really needed an outside perspective! Its so so easy to think you're the only one with all the problems! Weigh in was horrid put on 3lbs! However it is only a number!! I have been good since thenm am having a kebab for tonight, but it has lots of salad and I havent had any syns today. Maybe I should mix it up, definately try the water! You girls are so great :) Big hugs are sent your way!

Liv xxx

** my internet hasn't been working well

Sunday 11th September 2011

Well I thought that today has been a new start :)

So here goes:

B: Poached eggs, 2 slices of wholemeal bread (400g Loaf) HEB
Cup of Tea & skimmed milk (HEA)
L: Cold left over chicken, cottage cheese (low fat) and salad of lettuce and cucumber.

Muller light - Toffee
Hi-fi Bar Chocolate Bliss (6)

UPDATE: Had a banana to curb the cheese on toast craving, will have a cup of tea to keep up my HEA :)

D: Beef, broccoli peas, SW roast potatoes and Gravy (5)

Options Belgium Choc (2)

Total syns today: 13
HEA&HEB

Last edited:
Back