LizB's diary - time to make it count

So today I realised how easy it is to slip back into old habits. I prepared tea all low fat, dished it up went to the fridge and got out the colmans spicy garlic sauce and squirted it on my plate. Then I realised my fatal mistake it has 27.6 grams of fare 100grams eeek! So I just dipped a few chips in but most of it stopped on the side of my plate. I just completed didn't think when I went to the fridge doh! At least I continued my self control even though I made a mistake... Hopefully this will show at the end of the week.

Liz x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I did similar today, did sons lunch & took the mummy tax of a couple of French fries & thought whoops I'm on xen again! It just proves all the little bits add up & then I realise why i had gained a stone again...

So I'm having xenical side effects today! Feeling sorry for myself and trying to cut out as much fat as possible, serves me right!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Go throw out all the sauces in your fridge that are more than 5g per 100g !

Getting Tango'ed is no fun!!

No it's not but I think I needed this to stop getting to cocky!

Lol.... Oh dear...and in the.nicest.possible way...it sounds well deserved! :) If it really is that bad that hopefully you'll stick.to the rules....:) It puts the fear of god into me!! Good luck!!

Yes I probably did! I don't need my mum telling me to stop taking it as its giving me problems. She had bad problems with it years ago but they didn't have the eat less than 5g of fat per 100 rule back then and that if you didn't have the orange effect it wasn't working. And yes maybe it will have the same effect on me too, but I'd like to give a go of it for more than a week before I stop taking it grrr!

You just need to check what your eating more carefully, as long as every thing is 5g or under you will NOT have "Tango" moments :)

Go through your cupboards and bin anything not in the rules!! If its not in the house your not tempted to eat it!

Yes I probably did! I don't need my mum telling me to stop taking it as its giving me problems. She had bad problems with it years ago but they didn't have the eat less than 5g of fat per 100 rule back then and that if you didn't have the orange effect it wasn't working. And yes maybe it will have the same effect on me too, but I'd like to give a go of it for more than a week before I stop taking it grrr!

Thing is honey & being blunt it isn't giving you problems it's actually doing what it's meant to. If you're eating fat it will eliminate that fat! The answer is that if you don't want it to happen & if you want this to work you need to eat within the recommended 5g per 100g rule. The doctors give people so little information about this it makes me quite angry but we are all pretty experienced now & can help. It's not easy but I swear to you it's worth it. I have my life back & most of the time I'm happier than I've ever been. I'm a better wife, mummy & friend xx

This all stemmed from the sauce incident, I'd had a bit of that and slowly little bits kept creeping back in and I had the effects of too much fat yesterday. I am a lot better today. But I'm starting to realise my main issue is my head and my thought process. I can eat healthily I've cut my fat right down, I need to focus onto sugars and carbs a bit more but I will get there. Then all of a sudden my thoughts go oh I can have a bit more or I'll have another treat and that's how it escalates for me. Then eventually I'm nearly back at my old eat habits and I go blow it and have a binge. I've managed to stop myself this time because of the tablets. Which is good but they can't act as a crutch forever which worries me quite a bit.

Has anyone ever had CBT for their eating issues? I have a big issue with anxiety and lack of self confidence and I'm thinking about using CBT to help cope with it but I'm also wonderingly whether to try with food too.

Thank you for all your support ladies,

Liz x

Most of us struggled with changing how we ate when 1st on the tablets .. I know I had a list of things that I used to love and could not eat for fear of getting "Tango'ed" in the end I went through my fridge and cupboards and binned everything not in the rules - tough for my OH and kids - I change every thing to low fat - the way I cooked, spreads, sauces, salad dressings, yogurt, milk... Snack foods low fat, but beware of the sugar in low fat biscuits and cakes etc

Your be fine just read the labels :)

One thing I do wonder is what to people use instead or butter/marg in sandwiches. Sometimes if I'm short on time all I have time to make is a sandwich. But I find it dry sometimes with nothing but the filling especially if its just ham. Could I use the extra low fat mayo or do you all use something else.

Thanks again,
Liz

Extra light Philly, mustard, extra light mayo, low fat salad dressing :)

Thanks I've got a couple of them in that I can use. When I was younger I never liked laughing cow or dairylea triangles but I'd like to try that sort of thing again, unfortunately they don't come in the pick your own cheese section in the supermarkets so it seems such a waste to buy if I don't like them!

Another pound off today so that's 3lb this week. I'm not that surprised its not anymore because of the few things I've had this week. Don't get me wrong it's a brilliant loss anyways!

It's my birthday next Saturday so I'm not sure what I'm doing for that yet, I really fancy fajitas or donner kebabs out the new hairy bikers book lol!

Thanks I've got a couple of them in that I can use. When I was younger I never liked laughing cow or dairylea triangles but I'd like to try that sort of thing again, unfortunately they don't come in the pick your own cheese section in the supermarkets so it seems such a waste to buy if I don't like them!

Another pound off today so that's 3lb this week. I'm not that surprised its not anymore because of the few things I've had this week. Don't get me wrong it's a brilliant loss anyways!

It's my birthday next Saturday so I'm not sure what I'm doing for that yet, I really fancy fajitas or donner kebabs out the new hairy bikers book lol!

I'm doing the donner kebab this week too

I'm struggling today with how to take my xenical going onto nights. I think I will skip my breakfast one then take it with my meal in the middle of the night. I also have to remember to have something to eat to take my xenical when I wake up this week. Usually I'm terrible and just wait for my tea eeek! If I forget I will have to have something when I get in at 6. Argh this is so confusing!

I ate lean lamb when on the tablets, no tango

Back