Liz's (wishbird) Food & Gym Diary

I have been quite hungry this aft! Had a few extra snx but off to the gym to burn em off now x
Can't wait for tea am starvin marvin x

What's everyone having today?
Am having smoked haddock gratin which is a sort of posh fish Pie lolz x

Done at gym, was in mood but legs a but tingly, only managed 10 on bike, 35 on treadmill, 250 Situps, tricep n bicep curls.
Better than nowt, day off tomoz I think my muscles need the rest.
X

Morning
Tired today, lower abs hurt which is good means their being worked I will try not to do any Situps today so I rest em but I will want to lolz

Plan for today is:
B:
Porridge n skimmed milk
L:
Caramel shake
Snx:
Banana, yoghurt, crackerbreads n slim o soup.
T:
Chicken pesto pasta

Rest day from gym but no doubt will have a walk at lunch.

Feel hungry today, grr I about to be on TOTM so I suppose it's that! Ppl keep walking past my office with bacon sarnies! I cud proper eat one today x agh ain't it crap wen u want to eat crap!! Help xx

Hi Liz,

I know how you feel with that one. When it TOTM (like it is now) I want to eat EVERYTHING!!! even my own arm look appetising!!

yeah I think you need a rest day. Something I learnt on my course the other day (that I didn't know before) That the recovery period after exercise is actually more important than the work out (if that makes sense) if you don't allow your muscles to recover properly (especially if they are aching) they will just become exhausted.

I'm aching from last nights session as I haven't been for a while, I'm not going again until friday now. I would go thursday but i'm working all day and night on thurs :(

Doing good though hun, keep it up.

I'm going to take my measurements from now as well I think, as I don't think weight is completely reliable. :)

Nixnax said:
Hi Liz,

I know how you feel with that one. When it TOTM (like it is now) I want to eat EVERYTHING!!! even my own arm look appetising!!

yeah I think you need a rest day. Something I learnt on my course the other day (that I didn't know before) That the recovery period after exercise is actually more important than the work out (if that makes sense) if you don't allow your muscles to recover properly (especially if they are aching) they will just become exhausted.

I'm aching from last nights session as I haven't been for a while, I'm not going again until friday now. I would go thursday but i'm working all day and night on thurs :(

Doing good though hun, keep it up.

I'm going to take my measurements from now as well I think, as I don't think weight is completely reliable. :)

Hi oh yes
O
M
G
I keep forgetting wot u training to be Hun! Ur a useful contact u can tell us best exercises etc. ;-)
Yes I sort of knew it's best to rest ur muscles that's y we have Wednesday's as a rest day but I cud have it as a diet free day too cos I going a bit stir crazy eating the shakes but I worried I gonna put on! Oo dilemmas n turmoil hate it x I think if I don't have one day off a wk I will come off altoghether n go bak to square one n I dont want that! Not after I can actually fit in my size 12 bikini! I nearly died!

Thanks for the support as ever hun xx

U doin great yourself love, I bet ur active at work anyhoo xx

Ha I'm not active in work. I will be once i'm qualified though :D

I have saturdays as my 'lazy diet day' I don't concentrate on it as much. We need some time off or we'll go crazy. I must say that drinking the shakes is getting very boring but it's easier than making sandwiches for work :)

I need to get some more snacky things on my lunch break. I try to do something each week. the first couple of weeks I had fruit, Then go ahead bars, this week I've had snack a jacks. Hmmmm what to have this week. Any yummy suggestions?

Nixnax said:
Ha I'm not active in work. I will be once i'm qualified though :D

I have saturdays as my 'lazy diet day' I don't concentrate on it as much. We need some time off or we'll go crazy. I must say that drinking the shakes is getting very boring but it's easier than making sandwiches for work :)

I need to get some more snacky things on my lunch break. I try to do something each week. the first couple of weeks I had fruit, Then go ahead bars, this week I've had snack a jacks. Hmmmm what to have this week. Any yummy suggestions?

The shakes a defo boring but easy. I defo need a day off I may make saturday my day too x

I been having low cal 80-90 cals crisps, French fries, quavers or wotsits or crackerbreads as they only 19cals each with a cup o soup.
Xx

I ended up getting some individual packets of sweet chilli snack a jacks. i find them easier to monitor. :)

Caribbean cruise sounds lovely. I was supposed to go to Dominican Republic last July but had to cancel it due to leg break. I was so upset but ended up going for christmas instead and I had a great time despite being on crutches. lol Hadn't had a holiday since 2006 so was well needed.

Housecat said:
Caribbean cruise sounds lovely. I was supposed to go to Dominican Republic last July but had to cancel it due to leg break. I was so upset but ended up going for christmas instead and I had a great time despite being on crutches. lol Hadn't had a holiday since 2006 so was well needed.

Oo thats lovely Lyn, we looking to go there next December, we been looking at samana island, gran Bahia principe Cayacoa hotel. Where did u stop love? N how warm was it?
2006 wow u long needed a hol Hun
X

Hi
I have been decisive for a change!

I have decided to not input on MFP on Wednesday's to give me a break inputting calories etc cos I am a bit sick of doing that, also wednesday is day off gym so I have no extra cals for anything!
so I am having Wednesday as my day off that n Saturday is my day off shakes all together cos I gettin very bored x

I will still be trying to b extra good n go gyming! But am gonna try not to worry about it so much!

I have enjoyed an attempt at cooking chicken pesto pasta for tea, nice.

Have had a few too many lil treats today n feel I have got it out of my system!
So going for a jog tomoz lunch then gym after work!

Going to dye my hair now!
X

Morning
Going to try n b more positive today, the start of TOTM is taking over my hormones n making me sad so gonna try not to be today!
Today's plan:

B:
Porridge n skimmed milk
L:
Shake
Snx:
Crackerbreads n cup o soup, cereal bar
T:
Tuna pasta bake, more pasta cos hubby is doing a sponsored gym bike ride for charity tomoz at a gym so hopefully will give him energy x

Oo I also have lost another inch of my thighs! My thighs r tightening up at last! Yay! ;-)

Yay on the inch loss, that's amazing liz.

I'm getting a bit frustrated now with myself. I just cant seem to stay on the wagon. Something always comes up. Like last night i ended up having chips with my meal and a bottle and half of wine!!! We had a good study period though and got loads done.

Nixnax said:
Yay on the inch loss, that's amazing liz.

I'm getting a bit frustrated now with myself. I just cant seem to stay on the wagon. Something always comes up. Like last night i ended up having chips with my meal and a bottle and half of wine!!! We had a good study period though and got loads done.

I know how u feel lovey, I think we are bored this is my 8th wk n I have done 8lb so really pleased but boy am I bored i think we need a rest, how many wks is it for u?

I think next wk am gonna have a break from shakes n just try a bit of healthy eating cos I go away for a long wkend to a caravan with family from thurs night til sun night so I will take my sf bars wen I fancy one n if I haven't time to eat lunch! but that will b a nice rest xx

Wine is my downfall hun it's a treat Hun we all need them from time to time xx

Hi ladies.. congrats on the inch loss Liz that's brill! I know what you mean Nixnax something has come up almost every day this week and it's driving me mad now just want to get back on the diet but I am like Liz and it's TOTM for me too and it's really difficult :( hope you are all well xx

ha i'm only on week 3!!

Hi hun, glad you enjoyed the massage! Well done on the weight loss. Saw your excersise on mfp - well done!

Still in London - having a fab time doing lots of walking and bike riding (haha) xx

Ela ine said:
Hi hun, glad you enjoyed the massage! Well done on the weight loss. Saw your excersise on mfp - well done!

Still in London - having a fab time doing lots of walking and bike riding (haha) xx

Oo hi honey
Thanks lovey I trying!
Glad ur having a good time in London.
How did yr SW meet go?
X

Back