LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Hi all. How was your Sunday?

I am feeling quite stressed tonight. I am aware of wanting to eat because of it but I limited myself to a thin slice of bread spread with tomato sauce and a muller light. Pleased with that because I was still within my syn allowance. Busy work day tomorrow so no time to linger by the fridge!
Sorry to hear ur stressed - guess that makes a lot of us want to eat - u did well to stay within Syns!

LJ

You're doing great and you MUST allow yourself to be proud of what you've already achieved and what you're going to achieve in the future. Why shouldn't you do well? I mean, you're working very hard so you deserve the results you're getting. Remember, this is a LONG road and you've taken but a few steps and the point is, they are steps in the correct direction and that's all that matters.

You recognised, at a time of stress, you wanted to eat. Let me ask you how many times you've felt that in the past and you've gone on to eat rubbish and then sat there disgusted with yourself for doing just that? Hey, pat yourself on the back - you faced temptation head on and beat it back again...that's FANTASTIC. Imagine doing that
another 100 times and how much more weight it's going to have meant you've lost. Every time you face that and beat it back, well it means you won't have fallen off the track and bit by bit by bit by bit you'll be one step closer to getting to where you want (and need) to get to. You can do this, you will succeed!!!!

Fat2Go, thank you for taking the time to write that. You selflessly point out the answers to success, with kindness and encouragement. You clearly have a deep understanding of the mind of an overweight person. I hope you are applying that knowledge to your own situation to secure for yourself a slimmer future. You are one of life's givers as many here are. It's time for us to allow ourselves to receive, isn't it? Time to take care of ourselves in the same way we care for others. We will be more rounded (no pun intended) people and unstoppable. Onward and downward! Have a great Monday!

How is everyone feeling today? Determined? Thinner? LOL

Upndown, I hope you are getting over your cold bug and are feeling a lot better. Stay off the scales! They will be all over the place if you are ill. Wait for weigh day!

CJ, well done on your cooking marathon this weekend. It helps so much to be organised with meals. No last minute scrabble to decide what to eat.

Upndown, I hope you are getting over your cold bug and are feeling a lot better. Stay off the scales! They will be all over the place if you are ill. Wait for weigh day!

CJ, well done on your cooking marathon this weekend. It helps so much to be organised with meals. No last minute scrabble to decide what to eat.

Thx - still feeling rough - not like me - I'm afraid I have been on scales aaaagh half pound gain - can't see how - hoping ur right about weight being all over the place! Hope ur determined and positive - u shd be u'v had a good week!

Yay, I have a lunch break today and time to sit and drink a cup of tea without rushing. Of course, that means a little time for Minimins too! I feel a bit bloated today. I suspect it is due to the pasta I ate last night. Wheat just doesn't agree with me which is why I make the spelt flour bread. I wonder if they make spelt pasta. Must investigate that. Anyone else here with wheat sensitivity?

Yay, I have a lunch break today and time to sit and drink a cup of tea without rushing. Of course, that means a little time for Minimins too! I feel a bit bloated today. I suspect it is due to the pasta I ate last night. Wheat just doesn't agree with me which is why I make the spelt flour bread. I wonder if they make spelt pasta. Must investigate that. Anyone else here with wheat sensitivity?

hi - glad u had a break today - my daughter in law struggles with wheat and she buys special pasta - as I don't know what it's called - I googled spelt pasta and it seems it freely available on the net - holland & barret also stock it - hope you manage to find some that'll suit u. U can tell I'm still lounging about with the lurgy!

But will have to jump to it soon - - my sister has just phoned from Lanzarote saying that the apartment they've booked & paid for is unavailable & they've been told there's no spare accom - so they want me to look for something - no pressure there then!

Im not feeling great still, I'm hoping tomorrow I will be.. Surely!! I think I have a sinus infection, eurgh it's making me feel do tired and drained. I am glad I did all that cooking, I couldn't be bothered to make tea tonight, so re heated some bolognese :) I am however feeling thinner lol lets hope the scales agree!

LJ how has your day been?

Im not feeling great still, I'm hoping tomorrow I will be.. Surely!! I think I have a sinus infection, eurgh it's making me feel do tired and drained. I am glad I did all that cooking, I couldn't be bothered to make tea tonight, so re heated some bolognese :) I am however feeling thinner lol lets hope the scales agree!

LJ how has your day been?

oh nooo what's the matter with us all? yes handy for u to have good food on standby! Hope ur sinusitis improves soon - glad ur feeling thinner - I went on scales and they're still not being kind! good luck to all

You two are really going through the mill. I hope you are on the mend. Hopefully tomorrow you will both feel a lot better. Being poorly is so not fun!

I worked late tonight and made a calculated decision to have indian takeaway with my colleague. The difference today was that we had plain boiled rice with it instead of the egg fried rice we had last time and I only had a small portion so i like to think it was within my syn allowance.

I'm still feeling bloated and fat from the pasta last night. Hooefully by weig day, Wednesday, that will be in the past. I wonder if feeling bloated means you weigh more? I do have scales at home but i don't use them since joining SW. I think I do better just waiting from week to week.

You two are really going through the mill. I hope you are on the mend. Hopefully tomorrow you will both feel a lot better. Being poorly is so not fun!

I worked late tonight and made a calculated decision to have indian takeaway with my colleague. The difference today was that we had plain boiled rice with it instead of the egg fried rice we had last time and I only had a small portion so i like to think it was within my syn allowance.

I'm still feeling bloated and fat from the pasta last night. Hooefully by weig day, Wednesday, that will be in the past. I wonder if feeling bloated means you weigh more? I do have scales at home but i don't use them since joining SW. I think I do better just waiting from week to week.

I'm glad you went for the takeaway - I think that's what we all need to do if we're adopt healthy eating habits for life - hope when I'm 8 weeks in, I'll be making such good decisions and have started to lose some of my bad habits.

Not sure about the bloated feeling and how that affects weight - if it's water retention there may be a temp weight implication.

I just peeped at your stats and see that you're only 3 lbs off 1 and a half stone - wow - you could do that by next week!

Good for you too for not being a slave to the scales like me! I'd like to think I can address that demon soon.

I hope everyone is moving forward with their weight issues - I find it much easier to express them here and hope others do too - good luck with your WI LJ and anyone else who faces the scales 2moro.

I am suffering with tummy pains this morning. Was awake a lot last night with it too. Was it the indian food, or was it the pasta from the night before? Whatever is causing it I wish it would stop!

I hope you poorly people are feeling better today. Hang in there and soon you will be back to your usual selves.

Have a great day all. Stay on plan and off the scales! LOL

I am suffering with tummy pains this morning. Was awake a lot last night with it too. Was it the indian food, or was it the pasta from the night before? Whatever is causing it I wish it would stop!

I hope you poorly people are feeling better today. Hang in there and soon you will be back to your usual selves.

Have a great day all. Stay on plan and off the scales! LOL

Hi - this poorly person's still taking the tabs - hope ur pains subside and CJ32 feels better this morning. Do you usually suffer with digestive probs or is it just when ur losing weight? Hope everyone has a good day and good luck to the Tues WI-ers!

Hi all.

Well lol im still feeling rubbish lol Getting a bit fed up of it now! I didn't sleep very well either, so I will be having an early night tonight.

Sorry to hear your still not feeling well Upndown! What are we like!

Weigh day tomorrow.. I have been so good all week.. I hope it shows on the scales. I was to tired to cook tonight, so just had tinned beans and sausages on toast with scrambled egg! Yum!

How have you all done today?

Hi all.

Well lol im still feeling rubbish lol Getting a bit fed up of it now! I didn't sleep very well either, so I will be having an early night tonight.

Sorry to hear your still not feeling well Upndown! What are we like!

Weigh day tomorrow.. I have been so good all week.. I hope it shows on the scales. I was to tired to cook tonight, so just had tinned beans and sausages on toast with scrambled egg! Yum!

How have you all done today?

Sorry ur still feeling rough - I'm sure it will show on the scales - hope you'll feel better in the morning after ur early night) I'm turning a corner but feel really weak (no, not my willpower for a change!)

I've been on plan but just eaten snacks today (full details on blog later!) Hope everyone has had a good day 2day and WI goes our way 2moro!!

Hello all. I am sending good, healing energy your way to help you recover quicker. I had kind of an ordinary day today. Here is my food report.

Breakfast: muller light, 2 kiwi fruit, tea
Lunch: 60g bread (HexB), homemade soup
Snack: 2 small apples
Dinner: lamb stew, boiled potatoes, broccoli
Evening: 1 thin slice of my new experimental loaf with a little tomato sauce on

I'm getting nervous about weigh in tomorrow. Not sure why really. I have been on plan all week. Still feeling bloated though. Hoping that subsides before WI.

Not long now and we will find out how we did. I think we have all been on plan this week so we should all be heading for a nice loss!

Don't be too nervous of the scales...They'll read what they read and even if the loss isn't what you secretly hoped for, son't let it make you stray from the path one iota- you're better than that :) x

Besides, you may be pleasantly surprised with the results..

Oh and hugs to all the sicky people on here- hope you're feeling better.

Hello poorly people and others! Weigh day is here for some of us. Help!! Actually i feel thinner today. Bloaty tummy is gone. Having kiwi fruits and yogurt for breakfast. Busy work day will mean little time for even thinking about eating so i should be prepared for WI tonight. Looking forward to a 'treat' tonight of low fat sausages with low fat oven chips and beans. I will be lurking on Minimins afterwards, waiting to hear how everyone else has done.

Fat2Go, brilliant loss for you yesterday! Did you get your new shiny sticker? I love the stickers. It works for me. :) You have lost so much in so short a time. Before you know it people will be noticing. Hmm and then your weight and your diet will be on their list of acceptable topics of conversation whether you want it to be or not.... People eh?

Have a lovely day all and CJ32 & upndown, hope you are feeling better today and are on the mend. Hugs from me too.

Hello poorly people and others! Weigh day is here for some of us. Help!! Actually i feel thinner today. Bloaty tummy is gone. Having kiwi fruits and yogurt for breakfast. Busy work day will mean little time for even thinking about eating so i should be prepared for WI tonight. Looking forward to a 'treat' tonight of low fat sausages with low fat oven chips and beans. I will be lurking on Minimins afterwards, waiting to hear how everyone else has done.

Fat2Go, brilliant loss for you yesterday! Did you get your new shiny sticker? I love the stickers. It works for me. :) You have lost so much in so short a time. Before you know it people will be noticing. Hmm and then your weight and your diet will be on their list of acceptable topics of conversation whether you want it to be or not.... People eh?

Have a lovely day all and CJ32 & upndown, hope you are feeling better today and are on the mend. Hugs from me too.

Hi LJ22 - glad ur bloating feeling's gone - wonder if you identify what caused that? Hope CJ32 is feeling better and thx to fat2go for the good wishes & this week's weight loss.

I'm feeling a bit better again today - just as well because I'm travelling 200 miles 2moro to pick up Owen our 2 yr old grandchild - he's coming to stay for a few day whilst his parents are in Florence for a break from his terrible 2's (apparently a severe case) wish me luck - at least I'll get loads of exercise!

Yay - WI revealed a 1.5lb loss - I'm so pleased:

a) cos being ill didn't turn into an excuse for a comfort food fest
b) I can't remember when I've lost weight for 3 consecutive weeks
c) Have been eating healthier ie: my eating plan is balanced not made up of snacks, sweets and choc because I feel deprived
d) most important of all - I'm enjoying it! That must be down to this site cos nothing else has changed so thank you all for your support!

Hope you have good WI later - looking forward to your posts.

Hello all!

Upndown glad to hear your on the mend! I think I finally am to, slowly but surely!

Fat2go thanks! Feeling a little more human today.

LJ weigh day is so scary! I know what you mean, I have been good and on plan all week, but it's still a scary time!

well I lost 1lb! Yay! So only 1/2lb to go and I'll be back on track after last weeks gain! I'm hoping for a better loss next week, hopefully the germs will be totally gone soon.

i am doing another food diary this week, it seems to help me. And I get a little note from the group leader with tips and things the week after.

I'd love to be more active and do some exercise, but a combination of the sinus infection, that makes my asthma kick in, so everything is such an effort. Also I have now found out I have had a fractured foot for 7 months... So I'm trying to be good and rest it. But easier said than done. As soon as I get told that I want to do everything and not sit still! I will try..

how has everyone's day been? Good I hope :)

Back