LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Well good evening all!

Another interesting day of posts to catch up on, learning something new everyday!

LJ well done with your experiment and actually letting yourself get hungry! I know that if I don't eat for a long time and get hungry, then when I do eat I get all bloated and get tummy ache. So I try not to go to long not eating.

I have tried to do more exercise today, walking a bit faster and had a wander round the shopping center tonight for an hour, that would of burnt off a few calories. So far my foot feels ok, I think it's on the mend! Yay!

So I had a reply from my leader regarding free and super free...

Hi Carly I haven't looked at your record yet so not sure what the gain was but hopefully I can still help! If you already know you had extra syns this may have been the difference. One difference there has been recently is that you've not been staying to group and believe it or not that too can have an impact on the week ahead. Leaving feeling upset/ annoyed/ mystified means that you may well unintentionally sabotage yourself: and often in group there are "lightbulb" moments when you hear other people talk about their results. I know it can be hard sometimes to stay but your happiness is worth one hour a week!!
We encourage you to eat one third of your plate at every meal superfree for a couple of reasons: superfree is healthy nutritious and low calorie foods that will fill you up and boost your weight loss. Free foods are slightly higher in calories but still good for you and will fill you up to keep you from feeling hungry. The plan is based on increasing these low calorie foods: the more you eat the better your metabolism will function, which in turn burns the fat and slims you down. If you don't eat a lot your body stores it to keep you functioning so increasing what you eat from the free and superfree will make a difference. To maximise the loss try eating as many foods with the S or SS symbols- or indeed the C or CC symbols as these are proven to boost weight loss.
So today is a new day: deep breath, look at your book and plan a fab week- but shout if you need me!! Xxxx

I think I haven't Been eating enough... So I'll have to increase that.. Shame... Hehehe

Today's food diary..

Breakfast 2 bananas and a muller light yogurt (they were small so I thought 2 should do the trick)

snack grapes

lunch jacket potato, beans and my hexa cheese

snack blueberries I got from Aldi on my lunch.... Until I saw a mouldy one :s snack time was over lol

tea I made a yummy pasta sauce, chucked a load of stuff in. Garlic, spring onion, mushrooms, tinned carrot,tinned tomatoes, tomato purée, mixed herbs, sweetcorn. I had that was pasta and some cheese! (5 syns)

2 marshmallows (2syns)

so far then 7 syns today. I like LJ feel a bit lost without pudding. I might have a Lindt bunny for 3syns :)

Hmmmm agree with most of what ur leader says and understand if the highest %age of what we eat is s or ss that we'll feel fuller and likely to want (or shd that be need?) less syns - so will lose more weight - but can't see why u need to eat more s & ss per se if ur not hungry cos even s & ss food contains calories!

I'd be inclined to take her up on her offer to discuss further.

Glad ur foot is getting better.

Forgot to inc a choc digestive in my food report - but at 4 syns don't reckon it's a good value as Mr Freddo at 5!

But what about my experiment? Perhaps the proper hunger is kicking in now. I will see what happens in the morning. See if I feel hungry then. For now I still have some discomfort in my stomach. Perhaps a chilli dish was not the best choice tonight.

oooh I can see that perfectionist streak is coming out tonight - make the most of it - it's helping ur weight loss!

oooh I can see that perfectionist streak is coming out tonight - make the most of it - it's helping ur weight loss!

LOL

Glad to say the pains have stopped now and no hunger either. It's late but I don't feel like sleeping yet.

I read that there is a physical reason that makes us hungrier if we are short on sleep. Also a chemical reason why the more weight we lose the more our body fights to make us put it back on. Low fat foods reduce that so we are on the right path.

CJ, maybe the reason you want pudding after dinner is my fault.....

Morning all. Late start today so got up late. Having a cup of tea and a glass of Berocca with my tablets.

I intend to continue my experiment to only eat when hungry. I will be out for a few hours so am putting a banana in my bag to stave off any sudden hunger pains that could start. Did a lot of reading online about hunger pains and that led me to reading about fasting. Fascinating! There are reasons to fast which I didn't know about. It's not a good idea to fast for more than three days without medical supervision and even for that you are supposed to do one day only at first, then later a two day fast and so on. What I gleaned from the info is that when you fast your body uses the non-vital sources of energy first before starting to eat up your muscle mass. The theory behind that is that in nature animals, and historically humans, are sometimes forced to fast because of no food available so the body learned to preserve vital organs etc until it had no choice. The result is that fat stores and inflamed and damaged cells are used first. People have been proven to have tumours shrink by fasting and disappear with long term, 30 days, fasting! So it's said to be a way to cleanse the body of illness and toxins. People who do it report feeling better. I am putting that here because I found it interesting.

I also read that zoos regularly fast their animals for that very reason. To keep them healthy. Something to mull over...

Hope you are all on plan and feeling good. Let's go all out for a good loss next week. HUP 2... 3.... 4....!!!

I meant to say something more about my eating experiment. Obviously the last two days i have eaten maybe only half of my usual intake. I feel thinner and lighter and have more energy. Was I eating more than necessary before?

After another few days it will be more clear how much food my body needs. If I am not eating enough then surely my hunger will increase?

Morning all. Late start today so got up late. Having a cup of tea and a glass of Berocca with my tablets.

I intend to continue my experiment to only eat when hungry. I will be out for a few hours so am putting a banana in my bag to stave off any sudden hunger pains that could start. Did a lot of reading online about hunger pains and that led me to reading about fasting. Fascinating! There are reasons to fast which I didn't know about. It's not a good idea to fast for more than three days without medical supervision and even for that you are supposed to do one day only at first, then later a two day fast and so on. What I gleaned from the info is that when you fast your body uses the non-vital sources of energy first before starting to eat up your muscle mass. The theory behind that is that in nature animals, and historically humans, are sometimes forced to fast because of no food available so the body learned to preserve vital organs etc until it had no choice. The result is that fat stores and inflamed and damaged cells are used first. People have been proven to have tumours shrink by fasting and disappear with long term, 30 days, fasting! So it's said to be a way to cleanse the body of illness and toxins. People who do it report feeling better. I am putting that here because I found it interesting.

I also read that zoos regularly fast their animals for that very reason. To keep them healthy. Something to mull over...

Hope you are all on plan and feeling good. Let's go all out for a good loss next week. HUP 2... 3.... 4....!!!

Hi - I don't know much at all about fasting but I have briefly looked into the 5:2 diet where you have 2 days a week fasting by eating only 500 cals a day for women - 600 for men - it's been developed by Dr Michael Moseley and Mimi Spencer - it's had lots of publicity so others maybe aware of it - like the idea in principle for all the reasons LJ listed - but then getting down it - well that's another matter but very interesting!

Hope everyone has a good day - it's bright and sunny here - done the food shop - so off to do some exercise - then sadly another funeral (a close friend of my late parents).

The fasting I refer to is complete fasting. No food at all, only water. The 500 calories thing reminds me of the Cambridge Diet. Remember that? All you had was three special drinks a day. I was SO ill on it I only lasted a few days!

You are having a productive day upndown. Are you feeling positive and on plan? Sorry to hear you have another funeral to go to.

The fasting I refer to is complete fasting. No food at all, only water. The 500 calories thing reminds me of the Cambridge Diet. Remember that? All you had was three special drinks a day. I was SO ill on it I only lasted a few days!

You are having a productive day upndown. Are you feeling positive and on plan? Sorry to hear you have another funeral to go to.

Hi LJ - Yes I'm on plan so far and feeling fairly positive - gosh complete starvation - know I couldn't cope with that!!! But bet you have the willpower to do it. You're making me think I could have a go at the 5:2 thing - but need to be in a good frame of mind.

I've had a stressful/emotional week (for one thing I mislaid Mum's house keys on the day a tradesman was due - I really don't help myself sometimes!!)

It's yet another completion date for the sale of Mum's bungalow today but the buyer has been pretty demanding this week - so fingers crossed I have passed muster and it goes thro' today - but even that will be sad....

Off out again now- have a good day and I'll catch up on your posts later - byeeeee!

2.1 mile walk done at chihuahua pace :) We both enjoyed it very much. The sun is shining and feels quite warm. There is a nice cool breeze. According to the Map my Walk app I burned 265 calories. Having a big glass of sugarfree squash now as I feel thirsty. There is a slight tinge of peckishness starting now so I may eat a late lunch in a bit.

If CJ eats more as her group leader suggests and I continue eating less until weigh in next wednesday that will be an interesting comparison.

I remember on one of those weight loss programmes on tv that they said to a woman who kept saying she stuck to her diet but wasn't losing weight - that no-one came out of Belsen fat - on that basis it's likely if we eat less and less we will lose weight quickly - I'd just be concerned about how our bodies would take it but as you say fasting is an age old tried and tested method.

Having played about with SW for so long - like others here - I know if I follow the plan to the T - weight will also be lost!!

I've not mentioned this before - I haven't been sure when to say it - but I feel as if I should!!!

The only time in recent years that I got within a few pounds of my goal weight - I decided to become a SW consultant - an extreme measure which I hoped wd keep me on track - I was working full time so only had 1 evening class - which I really enjoyed.

But although I carried on going to my original class to lose those last few pounds - I still messed about and my weight stayed about the same - I never did get to my goal - then about a year later - I had a promotion at work - had to travel more so I gave up my class and as they say the rest is history!!

When you were a consultant what happened if you need to take a week off for a holiday or something?

gosh that makes me feel like a spy in the camp!! I wasn't sure when or even if I shd have told you all - it was a long time ago - in the days of red and green - so certainly don't have all the answers - as you can see from my stats - interestingly a few of my fellow consultants struggled with their weight.

PS: SW was a great co. to work for - wonderful, supportive organisational structure - good training etc

gosh that makes me feel like a spy in the camp!! I wasn't sure when or even if I shd have told you all - it was a long time ago - in the days of red and green - so certainly don't have all the answers - as you can see from my stats - interestingly a few of my fellow consultants struggled with their weight.

PS: SW was a great co. to work for - wonderful, supportive organisational structure - good training etc

Sorry, it was just something I was wondering. Certainly not meant to make you feel bad in any way! I promise not to say anything more about it.

Yes I did that for a while - lost tons of weight - but guess what - I put it all back on and then some.......

Sorry, it was just something I was wondering. Certainly not meant to make you feel bad in any way! I promise not to say anything more about it.

Don't worry about that - I didn't!!! Happy to talk about it was a happy time!

Back