LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Pooh tat sounds yummy! I am going to add this to my "to try" list :)

lol Ipad autocorrecting me!

Ooooh that sounds yummy! Is what I meant to say haha

Prize for the deliberate mistake goes to LJ ;)

Friday and a lovely sunny day. Happy Friday everyone. I am feeling good today after mu successful eating day yesterday.

Had egg & beans on toast for brekkie, had a coffee with the girls and now off to Zumba. (more food later)

Had T at garden centre after Zumba and popped home for some soup as I need to pop to Lidl to get some eggs and chicken.

Now I am going to have some frozen berries & yogurt. As this is gong to be a green day I am going to cook some rice pudding.

Gonna make my pasta bake for dinner tonight.

I used to like Zumba! It's so fun, your so busy trying to get the hang of the dance moves you forget your doing exercise hehe

Bubble, anybody, any age welcome here. CJ32 is my daughter so you see we aren't all 'mature' ladies! LOL. Anywho, however old you get your brain doesn't age. I am sure the others of my age will confirm that we all still feel about 20. It's just that our bodies are degrading!

Thank you for your kind words about my weight loss. I can't believe where I am already. The time has gone so fast and suddenly I am 2.5st lighter and loving it.

I caught a glimpse of myself in a full length mirror yesterday (I don't have one in my flat). I looked objectively at my reflection. I think I am still as wide but when I stood sideways my front-to-back view is definitely narrower. I was pleased with that! It is such a long slog, this weight loss thing. I sometimes feel impatient for goal, but then I remind myself how good the journey is. I am already reaping the rewards of getting almost half my extra weight off, and I have met some really great people here on Minimins. Who better to share the journey with than like minded people going through the same issues? The support here is amazing and I hope I can give back as much as I receive.

So stick around, join in, and benefit from this group of lovely people. Sometimes we are frivolous, sometimes we discuss serious issues. It's a good mix. Before we know it we will all be discussing maintaining issues. Imagine that!

I think it's hard to notice weight loss in yourself, other people notice more, especially if they haven't seen you for a while. So when you come in April LJ I'm sure you will look smaller! :)

LJ the problem have with using my little travel computer or even my sons computer at home is that when try to sign on to minis I put in my username & password and it says it is wrong and does not recognise me. If try to rejoin it says my e-mail address is being used by someone else.
???
I have had no replies from technical so assumed that you can only use one computer.

If you can throw any light I would be grateful.. xx

Here's a question for you to ponder..

How long does it take your brain to realise you've lost weight?

I out some clothes on and look in the mirror at home and think hmm.. I look fat in this. Then if I glance at myself in a reflection or mirror I have to do a double take because then I look small! I have lost about 3.5 stone now. My brain still hasn't realised that I've lost weight lol

Food for today!

breakfast 2x plums and mango

Snack dried apricots (hexb) and banana

Lunch usually I take my own fillings , but I didn't today so.. jacket potato,beans and cheese (hexa and im budgeting an extra 5 syns on the safe side... The canteen staff at work have big spoons!)

Tea chicken tikka from take away.. (9syns),I made some boiled rice, peppers, mixed veg and then fried it with an egg yummy. Some natural yogurt on the side (spicy chicken!)

so about 14 syns today.

LJ the problem have with using my little travel computer or even my sons computer at home is that when try to sign on to minis I put in my username & password and it says it is wrong and does not recognise me. If try to rejoin it says my e-mail address is being used by someone else.
???
I have had no replies from technical so assumed that you can only use one computer.

Computers are great.. Until they don't do what you want them to, then they are the most frustrating creations :)

???

Doreen, I think you are typing the password in wrong on your travel computer. It is easy to reset it to something you know. Click this link and enter your email address to have a password reset emailed to you. Let me know how it goes.

Lost Password Recovery Form - MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum

And when you log in your username has a space in it. Try logging in on the travel computer with the new password.

PS. I am testing the one computer only theory and proved it wrong. I am logged in right now on a laptop and an ipad.

Food for today!

breakfast 2x plums and mango

Snack dried apricots (hexb) and banana

Lunch usually I take my own fillings , but I didn't today so.. jacket potato,beans and cheese (hexa and im budgeting an extra 5 syns on the safe side... The canteen staff at work have big spoons!)

Tea chicken tikka from take away.. (9syns),I made some boiled rice, peppers, mixed veg and then fried it with an egg yummy. Some natural yogurt on the side (spicy chicken!)

so about 14 syns today.

Hi - u've had a good day food wise - hope the other aspects went well and u have good weekend!

I out some clothes on and look in the mirror at home and think hmm.. I look fat in this. Then if I glance at myself in a reflection or mirror I have to do a double take because then I look small! I have lost about 3.5 stone now. My brain still hasn't realised that I've lost weight lol

Mmmmmm not sure about that - how about twice as long as it takes me to realise that I've put on weight - when I'm pulling, squeezing and stretching my clothes to get into them and avoiding all mirrors!

You've done really well to lose 3.5stone - well done - u must be seeing a difference now - if not u'd better go to Specsavers!

Evening chums old and new :)

Lots of new faces this week, Upndown have you been out promoting again ;) hehe

I leave you all for 1 day and you've all gone sticker crazy! I'm jealous I want stickers! I have realised I'm only 1/2lb off my club 10 and 1.5 off my 1 stone award.. This week is gonna be the week!

Very very busy day again, work is so busy for me at the minute. I have spreadsheets and power points coming out of ears lol so I'm glad it's the weekend :) I managed to get in a nice 1 mile walk at lunchtime, the sun was shining. I'm enjoying my lunchtime walks. My usual lunch buddy doesn't really like exercise unless it's wandering round shops lol but she was busy today, so I made the most of the opportunity ;) I plan to go for a walk/ maybe a slow run tomorrow morning with my friend, there's a lovely big park I suppose you would call it, with big lakes and cows and ducks, so we will have a walk round there. I can use my new app track the distance. Keep your eyes peeled tomorrow LJ hehe

Mo glad you will have your house issues resolved by next week. I bet you will be pleased to be in your new place and all sorted and unpacked. Moving is so stressful. You are doing so well to stay motivated! I bet the swimming helps to de stress you, it's so relaxing.

Upndown I bought some more caramel freddos yesterday.. Hehe haven't had one yet, they are in the cupboard waiting for me. I have had syn quota for today so no freddo until tomorrow.

Bubble welcome! :) you will be there for a while catching up on all those posts! Lol I hope your enjoying and finding helpful things along your way.

Hi - poor u drowning in s/sheets & the lovely ppoint well it's the wkend and ur free! Ur walk sounds idyllic - it'll do u good but look after ur foot!

Ooooh I haven't had a whole Freddo for ages - Poppy (aged 8 for our new friends' info) gave me half of hers the other day - she's not a lover of choc - lucky thing! I certainly don't have ur willpower - have I posted that I've asked Phil (hubby) to hide the children's Easter Eggs in case I get the urge!

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Not sure about this one. I have a weird opposite thing. My brain thinks I am much slimmer than I am and when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror I am always shocked at how fat I am.

3.5 stone is a brilliant achievement. You have done so well! I saw a photo of you taken when you went to the llama farm last year and I can really tell how much you have lost. You looked so slim when I saw you at christmas and now you are even slimmer!

Hi - poor u drowning in s/sheets & the lovely ppoint well it's the wkend and ur free! Ur walk sounds idyllic - it'll do u good but look after ur foot!

Ooooh I haven't had a whole Freddo for ages - Poppy (aged 8 for our new friends' info) gave me half of hers the other day - she's not a lover of choc - lucky thing! I certainly don't have ur willpower - have I posted that I've asked Phil (hubby) to hide the children's Easter Eggs in case I get the urge!

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

Foods like that just call so loudly to me from wherever they are that I end up eating them to just stop the constant chatter! I suppose I am lucky that I live alone and can keep temptation out of my house. I am not craving anything anymore. None of the things I used to eat regularly. Crisps, pringles, biscuits, haribo sweets, cakes, sandwiches, cheese, egg custard tarts.... The list goes on. They all leave me kind of cold now. Ambivalent. That list doesn't even make my mouth water. What has happened to me??? Have I turned into some boring old health food nut? My idea of a treat is a thick, juicy kefir smoothie!

Hi -I've just got back from the rugby - Wales under 20s - they won against Scotland - an exciting match but with a biting coastal wind!

LJ ur thread is building up - so potentially more topics, debates, ideas etc - how will u find time to go to work?! It's interesting to hear about ppl's weight loss journey and exchange ideas and as u say it's really helping us to stay on plan - I just can't believe how much I've lost and how long motivation is holding out this time round - it's def thanks to the fantastic support here!!

Phil and I have a dilemma 2moro - Phil's elderly aunt's memorial service is 2moro at the same time as our granddaughter Poppy's first Urdd recitation completion - the Urdd is a Welsh language youth movement - which includes competitions ranging from pop music to judo to art to singing and recitation.

She's taking it very seriously (so cute to see her practice and she's been asked to do a solo too!) We may have to compromise and Phil will go to the funeral - but then I'd feel mean!!

Anyway - we'll sort that in the morning - here's how my food went today on Success Express:

b'fast: banana and yog

lunch: 2 egg omelette, half oz parmesan part HEA & onion, cucumber, cherry toms, balsamic vinegar & an orange

tea: lamb steak, roasted peppers, onions & tomatoes, steamed broccoli & carrots, gravy 1 syn
the last of that not very nice upndown cheesecake 2.5 syns with choc drops 1 syn

Felt v full after tea!

Drinks: water, diet drink, fruit tea, 1 coffee ss milk part HEA

TOTAL SYNS = 4.5

My day was pretty good yesterday. The pasta bake I made should maybe have been for 2 days. I ate some for dinner then had the rest later. Been up since 6am as tummy feels rather full and uncomfortable and unfortunately my loo is downstairs - Sorry = too much info.

Going to see one of my brothers today and my great neice as she did a sponsered spelling competition yesterday and I have to pay my dues. He does bacon sandwiches Saturday after shopping so I will take my own bread. Yes he cuts the fat off too & has skimmed milk ;).

As I am up early I have done the washing too.

Hello Everybody, Ive just been reading all the posts since I last posted. Thank you for your kind and encouraging thoughts with the move and the diet. You really are keeping me going. Swimming soon- lovely. I slept like a log last night. I hope everyone has a super Saturday. A special hello to Nanny Doreen and Bubble.

Morning all. Just popping on to say have a great Saturday. Stay on plan, drink loads of water, let's get a nice loss this coming week. :)

On the subject of water, I really like fizzy water. To me it tastes as good as any lemonade. Not so keen on plain, still water. I find it hard to motivate myself to drink it that way. What do you all think? Is fizzy water acceptable or not a good idea?

Like you I hope its accaeptable as that is what I drink more than anything. Like you I prefer it to lemnade.

Back