LJ's Journey to be Slim by Sixty

Cheese, I love cheese. Don`t buy it very often,. I am sure you enjoyed your food, it does sound like it.
Size 10 absolutely fantastic CJ.
There is plenty of room on the wagon. See you there. x

I'm a cheese monster too - I love it as it is, cooked, toasted, grated, in cubes, u name it.... but for 13 weeks - I've restricted myself and I now have parmesan in the fridge since I read that u get a lot of taste for little weight - I prefer it grated and sometime mixed with full or reduced fat cheese.

I also use half fat cheese like that (the devil's food unless it's half and half - then good on sarnies, salads and cooked I think!)

Ah that is how you spell diuretics.

My food for today.

B: 2 bacon, 2 eggs, mushrooms 2 toast

L; 5 scan bran, banana & yogurt

D: 2 thin pork loin chops, boiled spud, cabbage & brocolli. Chicken gravy.
Frozen fruits and yogurt.

Several cups of coffee.

syns 13

5 for scan bran
3 for gravy grans
2 for sweets
3 for Baileys

Looks like a lovely food day Doreen - hope ur feeling ok and the water retention isn't giving u too many problems? Have u seen a doc??

Hi Everyone - I've caught up with ur news - I've been out most of the day - just doing the shop, banking and other boring stuff but did go out for a good walk in the sun. Enjoy the weekend and I hope Doreen feels a bit better 2moro - take carex

Here's my food:

B: melon, pear, grapes (it's an Asda frozen mix which has been hanging around in the freeze - ok but not as good as frozen berries!) with from frais

L: 2 Ryvita (half a HEB), Laughing Cow triangle part HEA, cherry toms and cucumber, Satsuma and banana - mullark - muller & quark mix

T: lamb chop (unlike Mo - did not cut fat off - there wasn't much but it was lovely - how many syns????) spinach, carrot, cabbage and cauli - 2 tsps sweet chilli sauce (2 syns)
dessert - Mullark with banana, tsp syrup 1 syn, 3 brazil and 10 hazelnuts - HEB

Drinks: only 1.2L so far in water and fruit teas, 2 coffees - milk part HEA

TOTAL SYNS: 3 plus hundreds in the lamb fat!!

I have also looked up water retention and one of the things they recommend are bananas. I had some in the fruit bowl so had 2. The swelling is worse in my feet so am going to raise them on pillows while in bed. I feel fine except in my head. It feels like someone is putting pressure on my head. I have had it before, but this is the worse for some time. Not sure why, but if no improvement by Monday will ring docs.
I suspect it will be much improved by morning,

Night all, Have a good weekend all.

I have also looked up water retention and one of the things they recommend are bananas. I had some in the fruit bowl so had 2. The swelling is worse in my feet so am going to raise them on pillows while in bed. I feel fine except in my head. It feels like someone is putting pressure on my head. I have had it before, but this is the worse for some time. Not sure why, but if no improvement by Monday will ring docs.
I suspect it will be much improved by morning,

Night all, Have a good weekend all.

Cetainly hope u see a big improvement in the morning - good idea about the pillows for ur feet and that u had bananas in - hope they do the trick!!

Morning all from the Midlands. I am so happy to be here in my future bedroom even though it's only for a few days. I didn't report on WI this week. I lost 0.4lb so still 0.4lb above my lowest a few weeks ago. Had an off plan few days but still motivated to continue.

Looking forward to the allotment meeting today. I suspect we will have ourselves an allotment by this afternoon! CJ and I both have back problems but as long as we pace ourselves I am hoping it could help strengthen our muscles and be beneficial in so many ways. Obviously we can't start the physical work until I am back for good in August but we can enjoy the planning until then.

Speaking of CJ she is so slim! You should see her tiny waist! Well done CJ. You can't be far off goal now!

We have a busy day ahead. This morning I am going to make a big pot of bolognaise sauce for lunch. My sister is visiting for the day and CJ and her sister are coming over so that's 5 for lunch. Then we are all going to cram in the car and go to my brother's house to visit. He lives about 15 miles away. It will be a nice family day.

Have a nice weekend everyone :)

Morning all from the Midlands. I am so happy to be here in my future bedroom even though it's only for a few days. I didn't report on WI this week. I lost 0.4lb so still 0.4lb above my lowest a few weeks ago. Had an off plan few days but still motivated to continue.

Looking forward to the allotment meeting today. I suspect we will have ourselves an allotment by this afternoon! CJ and I both have back problems but as long as we pace ourselves I am hoping it could help strengthen our muscles and be beneficial in so many ways. Obviously we can't start the physical work until I am back for good in August but we can enjoy the planning until then.

Speaking of CJ she is so slim! You should see her tiny waist! Well done CJ. You can't be far off goal now!

We have a busy day ahead. This morning I am going to make a big pot of bolognaise sauce for lunch. My sister is visiting for the day and CJ and her sister are coming over so that's 5 for lunch. Then we are all going to cram in the car and go to my brother's house to visit. He lives about 15 miles away. It will be a nice family day.

Hi - glad ur having a weekend away with ur family - and good luck at the allotment!! It's only a 0.4 gain isn't it - I've eaten bigger bags of sweets than that!! Yes CJ is going really well - and I sure she noticed a change in u too! Enjoy ur weekend.

Last edited:
Morning All - hope u have a good day - I'll be out and about for most of it!!

Hi LJ. Good to hear from you. I reckon that working on the garden or in your case it will be the allotment can be very pleasurable. I wanted to put theraputic but can`t spell it.
Enjoy your time with your brother and have a good weekend. Looking good eh CJ.

Hello Everyone. I didnt post my food yesterday so here it is but no swimming . breakfast- 1 slce of toast with laughing cow cheese. 2 slces of cooked ham. Lunch- 4 bean chilli with rice. Dinner- melon, cod in butter sauce with rice with peas, corn and carrots. raspberries and mullerlight. 3 cheese snack a jacks( 2 wth marmite and 1 with laughing cow). I hope everyone is having a good day. :)

My legs are not quite so bad today. I don`t feel as good as I could and will definitely ring the doc on Monday. Especially as the children are coming up Tuesday and the way my body feels at the moment it would be hard work. My knees feel the worst.

I got 2 pineapples and a melon this morning so with the bananas and the water pills I stand a good chance of it clearing.

This is the general idea of my food today.
Breakfast, eggs bacon mushrooms and 2 toast
Lunch. BNS & carrot soup, 5 scan bran (5) 2 bananas
Dinner. Roast corgette, onion pepper toms sw chips & chicken.
Jelly (1.5) with frozen fruit & nat yogurt.
Most likely a Baileys coffee 20mls (3)

Did some sort of exercise today sorting out drawers, moving the bed and units. Just got to hoover down the stairs then TV & coffee time.
Tomorrow hoover through downstairs and wash the kitchen floor and hopefully do some more to the garden.

Everybody have a good weekend. Hopefully the sun will come out and play tomorrow.

Im glad your legs are a bit better today but Im very glad you are going to ring the Doctors. :)

My legs are not quite so bad today. I don`t feel as good as I could and will definitely ring the doc on Monday. Especially as the children are coming up Tuesday and the way my body feels at the moment it would be hard work. My knees feel the worst.

I got 2 pineapples and a melon this morning so with the bananas and the water pills I stand a good chance of it clearing.

This is the general idea of my food today.
Breakfast, eggs bacon mushrooms and 2 toast
Lunch. BNS & carrot soup, 5 scan bran (5) 2 bananas
Dinner. Roast corgette, onion pepper toms sw chips & chicken.
Jelly (1.5) with frozen fruit & nat yogurt.
Most likely a Baileys coffee 20mls (3)

Did some sort of exercise today sorting out drawers, moving the bed and units. Just got to hoover down the stairs then TV & coffee time.
Tomorrow hoover through downstairs and wash the kitchen floor and hopefully do some more to the garden.

Everybody have a good weekend. Hopefully the sun will come out and play tomorrow.

Glad ur legs are better and u'll be fully recovered soon - yes think it is right u go to doc. Busy on body magic - but save some energy for the children's visit!!

Looks like a good food day and diuretic foods in there too! Hope u have a comfortable night Doreenx

Hello Everyone. I didnt post my food yesterday so here it is but no swimming . breakfast- 1 slce of toast with laughing cow cheese. 2 slces of cooked ham. Lunch- 4 bean chilli with rice. Dinner- melon, cod in butter sauce with rice with peas, corn and carrots. raspberries and mullerlight. 3 cheese snack a jacks( 2 wth marmite and 1 with laughing cow). I hope everyone is having a good day. :)

another good day Mo - lots of free and superfree - which shd result in another loss this week! Hope u had a good day - we were out most of the day - sorting stuff for the lounge which about to have some changes but it's taking us ages to sort out!!

Hi Everyone - hope u've all had a good day and been on plan - here's how my day went:

Lunch out - chose the most SW friendly option! cheese sandwich with chutney (asked for no butter) (HEA) (HEB) (chutney - 3 syns???) side salad - no dressing

T: ham & mushroom omelette, salad, brown sauce (1 syn), balsamic vinegar
berries and fromage frais, 20 hazelnuts HEB

Drinks: 2 fruit teas, water, 2 coffees - milk part HEA, diet coke - about 1.1L water I think

Last edited:
Hello Everybody. food today- 1 slice of toast with laughing cow. lunch ham and mustard sandwich. Dinner- brisket cooked in the slow cooker with swede, leeks , carrot and potato. blackberries with mullerlight. Im sleepy tonight. :)

Another on plan day for u - I'm flagging too - so off to bed - night, night

Hello Everybody. food today- 1 slice of toast with laughing cow. lunch ham and mustard sandwich. Dinner- brisket cooked in the slow cooker with swede, leeks , carrot and potato. blackberries with mullerlight. Im sleepy tonight. :)

Good day MO. That brisket sound yummy. Might have to come to dinner. ;)

Hi Everyone - hope u've all had a good day and been on plan - here's how my day went:

Lunch out - chose the most SW friendly option! cheese sandwich with chutney (asked for no butter) (HEA) (HEB) (chutney - 3 syns???) side salad - no dressing

T: ham & mushroom omelette, salad, brown sauce (1 syn), balsamic vinegar
berries and fromage frais, 20 hazelnuts HEB

Drinks: 2 fruit teas, water, 2 coffees - milk part HEA, diet coke - about 1.1L water I think

Good day for you too upndown. Looks like we all trying to stick to plan so far.

Morning all. Not nice day down here, raining, and I have to wash my bedding today as kids coming Tuesday and they like to sleep in my bed. I guess it will have to go on the airer for a while then in the tumble dryer, Hope we get good weather next week - we want to go to the zoo.

My food for Saturday.
Breakfast bacon, eggs & mushrooms.
Lunch, soup & 5 scan bran with banana & toffee mullerlight.
Dinner: roast courgette, onion, peppers & sw chips with chicken thighs. It was lovely.
Jelly with frozen fruit in and yogurt.

Before bed while playing on minimins arcade - 2 slices of ham 1/2 tomato & mullerlight

Syns 5 for scan bran.. 4 for sweets.. 1.1/2 jelly Total 10.1/2.

Good day. 3 in a row.

Last edited:
Back