LL April Starters!

Hey Jo

So excited you are also starting RTM. It is exciting and scary all at the same time. Quite a shock to the system actually, but apart from the head stuff it all seems to be throwing up the eating is getting easier.

Can't wait to hear how its going for you.

Jez
xx

Hi Jez, my first "meal" on RTM is this coming Friday - keep trying to think exciting ways to cook a chicken breast! Poaching seems to be my favourite one at the moment. Have been reading your RTM log with much interest, it will be me starting one up this week... Scary times!

I'm really excited for you Jo!

I'm poorly sick at the moment and feeling very hungry. I've got a chest infection and laryngitis, and am feeling very lightheaded (fainted once yesterday and nearly passed out twice) and nauseous too plus I'm so BORED of coughing!

I'm going to talk to my LLC tomorrow at WI about doing a milk week. I've not done one yet but am thinking that perhaps this week when I am ill, I could do with a few extra calories. Plus my hair is getting a bit thinner so maybe it'll help with that. I really don't like milk though so am scared it'll put me off my packs. I usually have choc shakes and chicken soups - do you think they'll taste very different?

I saw the nurse practioner at the surgery yesterday and she was reading through my notes and said 'I see you're on a diet, how's it going'. I told her it was going fine and that I'd lost nearly 8 stones and she was absolutely stunned! :grin: She literally just kept saying 'Wow!' for about 20 seconds LOL I enjoyed that!

Poor you Snorks - hope you feel better soon. I would definitely recommend a milk week especially if you didn't do it in week 13. Can you face a latte? If so, try getting your milk that way - that's how I did it as the thought of making my shake with milk didn't fill me with any joy.

HOpe you feel better soon xx

I've never drank/drunk/drinked LOL coffee but I could give it a go I think. I don't dronk ;) tea either. Excuse my ignorance but is a latte just a big milky coffee? :confused:

Awww snorks, hope you start to feel better soon, it's not much fun being ill at the best of times. Hope the milk perks you up a bit....:)

A latte is indeed a big milky coffee! Definitely (I think) the best way to get your milk in xx

Just back from WI - didn't hang around as I feel very poorly at the mo. I'm feeling very nauseous - don't know if that's because of the antibiotics, or for some other reason.

Anyhoo, I've lost 3 lbs this week which I'm happy with. I've noticed a definite difference in the size of my belly this week so to have lost lbs as well is great. Plus I've felt I've had to take cough mixture in order to get some sleep and to stop waking up my son and husband with my hacking away. So bearing in mind it's benilyn, and not sugar-free, I'm relieved.

I spoke to my LLC about having a milk week and she said to go for it. She said I might not lose any weight but that that shouldn't be my prime motivation when I'm so ill so I'm going to go for it. I basically have no expectations of weight loss next week and and if I stay the same I will be happy (especially as I've just realised my period is due soon too - just what I need!).

Ooh just worked out I've gone over the 8 stones loss mark! :D

Wow, Snorks that is amazing...you must feel great. Not just physically but mentally to be rid of that 8 stones. Well done.

Sorry to hear you're not feeling too great. Hope the antibiotics kick in soon and you pick up.

Fab news on the 8 stone Snorks! That's amazing!
You might lose weight on Milk week - I think I lost 4.5lbs that week!

Hope the antibiotics kick in soon for you xx

Well done with the 8stone Snorks. It's enough to make anyone feel better xx

Thank you ladies!
I've discovered I'm having a reaction to my antibiotics :-( that's why I'm nauseous and I've come up in a rash all over my torso :argh: Not much I can do though until tomorrow..

I'm also sipping a chicken soup made with milk - YUK YUK YUK!! :9529::yuk: I'm really not a fan, I'm not sure i'll manage this. I'm going to try a choc shake with milk in but I'm not happy with the soup.

Jo, re a latte, did you just make them yourself? I'm out tomorrow and wondered about a starbucks but then I won't know how much milk is in it will I?

Starbucks lattes rock, just ask them for a small skinny latte ( they make it with skimmed milk)

Really fabulous and I am absolutely getting one as soon as I can get into town for one, it was one thing I really missed on LL

Jez
xx

I echo exactly what Jez has said - they rock, either that or Costa. I will confess to having an occasional one whilst not on milk week, it's the only slip I have ever had!

Sat here browsing through the site & now I want a latte - heheheh :)
Snorks well done - 8 stone is amazing - so inspirational. I hope you feel better soon.
I'm struggling to get back on track, can fit into my new size 12 jeans anymore and must get back to it before I lose control:eek:

Hi Kik! You can get back on track and it will be so worth it when you do.

Well I had a latte today and hated it! I don't drink coffee normally and have never done. It tasted so bitter to me, so I don't think t's a goer. I felt really sick after drinking it and had a terrible headache too. I can just about stomach milk in my chocolate shakes but I'm not going to get enough calories in like that. I can't think of any other way to do it so will just have to make do with a few extra calories from the milk in a shake.

The only thing I thought of was perhaps to have an extra pack a day? I have some spares. I just thought perhaps an extra 100 or so calories a day for a week from an extra pack would have a similar effect as having milk instead of water. Any thoughts?

Is it just me left?!
Just back from WI and have lost 3 which I'm pleased with. I expected a lower loss or to stay the same so no complaints here.

How are you all doing?

Well done Snorks! It has all gone very quiet on this thread hasn't it? How long do you think you will be in Developers for?

Back