LL April Starters!

Hey Jo! I've just been working it out with my calculator LOL I never really had a target weight, I was just thinking around 10st, and couldn't get much more specific than that!

I reckon I need to lose 1st 10lbs to get to healthy BMI but that is top of the range. To get to the lower end of the healthy BMI range I need to lose 4st 10lbs. I have no idea what would be a good weight for my height so I'm thinking maybe 10 1/2 stones..? And that would be a BMI of around 22. Of course I can adjust that as I get closer.

So, if I assume 3lbs per week...that's 13 weeks which takes me into the New Year. I know it's silly to make assumptions like that but heyho!

I'm still here but forgot to post last week and was away before that. I have 3lbs to go to 6 stones loss and starting rtm for the last stone. I'm finding it difficult at the moment as I keep picking. I think it's because I feel just a little won't hurt as I'm nearly there but I must get rid of that thought and get on with the final bit.
I have a big dilema at the end of the month. My hubby has just won a trip for 2 to the Abu Dhabi grand prix. We'll be there Thursday til Monday. I'll be in rtm by then so was just thinking about taking some bars with me to snack on if I can't get a healthy choice when at the circuit. When in a restaurant I shall choose some nice healthy meals.

Well done snorks by the way, I hope rtm is as kind to me.

Donna

My hubby has just won a trip for 2 to the Abu Dhabi grand prix.

OMG Donna that sounds amazing!! I'd love to do that. I think it's probably a good idea to go prepared, taking some bars certainly won't hurt. Mind you my impression (perhaps completely wrong) of the affluent Middle East is that there'd be lots of fresh quality food available, cooked by professional chefs in those big hotels etc. I'd hope that you would have a fairly good selection of suitable meals available to you.

Evening all (or should that be Morning...?)

Went to WI tonight, lost another 3 so it looks like my weekly loss has slowed a little from what it was but I'm still happy with it and it's fairly consistent.

I had a mare tonight. I drove off after WI and about 5 mins down the road hit something in the road, don't know what. My front nearside tyre burst and I swerved into the kerb damaging the alloy. I called Mr Snorks who got a neighbour to drop him and my 2yr old off so he could help me but they couldn't release the wheel. I called another friend who lives in that town (about 10 miles from home) and she sent her husband out. 2 hours later they'd sorted it and we got in about an hour ago. I've had to neck 3 packs in that time!

After the tyre burst I pulled over as soon as I could, as safely as i could manage on a road with no stopping points and hazard light on, and phoned my husband. While I was on the phone a policeman pulled up alongside me and very sarcastically told me if was a 'pretty stupid place to stop and have a chat on my phone'!!! I said 'er my tyre just burst and I'm trying to get some help.' He said 'oh ok you can leave it the car there then, you're in quite a safe place.' then drove off leaving me alone in the dark!! Cheeky beggar, what berluddy help is that???? I was not happy with him at all!

I've been recovering from being poorly last week but 2 days ago my sinuses started hurting, i'm all blocked up again and standing in the cold in a tshirt and cardi for 2 hours has not helped matters :-( I'm so bored of being ill!

Anyway enough moaning, hope you're all ok

sx

Lost 3lbs this week so got to my 6 stone lost. I start rtm tomorrow. Have all my books and read through them all. Think I will start with chicken tomorrow, how scary is this. It did seem odd only getting 3 packs a day from the councillor rather than 4.

Donna

Hi Donna,

Congratulations on your 6 stones gone....wooohooo.

Good luck with RTM, I'm sure you will be fine. Come up to the RTM forum and let us know how you're getting on. Enjoy your chicken....:D

Well done Donna! Best of luck with RTM, hope it goes really well.

Sounds like a nightmare Snorks - glad you were OK though as burst tyres can be quite dangerous.
Well done on the 3lbs this week - it's snap as I also lost 3lbs cracking the 100lb barrier.
Been a bit quiet recently as I am finding it all a bit tedious at the moment. Work is manic and whilst I am being good food wise it's all a bit hard work right now.
Keep on going though Snorks - you're getting there!

Hi guys, its good to see how well people are doing.

Having spent two months off I'm now coming back to Lighter Life. I'm glad I took the break as it has sorted out my constipation and helped me get through a very stressful period at work. I managed to lose a stone in the time as well so I'm still going in the right direction.

Initially I'm not going to the counseling because I have about a month of spare sachets kicking around. I bought a couple of spare weeks before I left last time and I had also done a bit of substitution with Avidlite products during Foundation as I got so bored with the flavours so I have some spares from that. Once those are used up I hope to go into one of the restarter groups assuming they still have one on Saturday.

I'm now very nearly at 14 stone and down to size 16. I'd like to get to 12 stone by the end of the year.

Hi Spannerwanner - welcome back - not that Ive been here either. Just reading through the boads as I too plan to restart tomorrow morning. Ive got loads of left over packs so Im goin gto use them up & then go back to developersm ,I still pop into my counciler each week. Well done on losing a stone on ur own - Ive manged to put on 1.5 stone & im terrified of putting it all on I can see me slipping into my oldways so quickly. I want to feel good again not bloated :cry:
Good luck.

Lost 6 lbs this week which takes me to 100 lb lost in total. :D At least I assume it's 6 lbs - my scales are not the most reliable.

Kik - good luck with the restart; I've felt really physically tired which happened to me first time round as well but it does go away.

Another 6 lb this week, taking me into the healthy BMI range for the first time since University. :stickdance::stickdance::stickdance:

I contacted my LL counsellor yesterday about going back to the proper classes so I hope she'll e-mail back soon. I'm not finding myself as motivated as I was the first time round; I fell off the wagon slightly for the first time last night :doh: (no real food, just stuffed a couple of extra bars after a long drive back to London from Bristol cos I was utterly knackered and it's that TOTM) but being below 30 BMI this morning has given me a boost. Hopefully getting back to the LL routine will help and I think doing it in four week blocks will be helpful.

I don't know if anyone from April is still around, you may have all finished by now.

This is just to say that I started back properly today (been using up old packs until now). It was a bit annoying as no one else could stay so we didn't get a counselling session, if that keeps happening then I will go over to CD because I don't see the point in paying extra if it's just for the foodpacks.

No weight loss this week as I have been weighing myself first thing up till now and my LL weigh-in is later in the day when I'm full of liquid and breakfast and wearing clothes. I think it may be a couple of weeks before the ticker starts moving again because of that but I know I'm going in the right direction so I can live with it.

If there's no-one else left on this thread I may pop over to the November starters thread instead.

Hope things are going well for everyone who started in April.

Back