LL April Starters!

Oh my god i just made a 'poppadom' and it was lovely, i hate the soups so thought ive nothing to loose if it goes wrong and it really is really crispy and tasty, takes a while so if anyone has tried and failed just keep it cooking for longer untill you can peel it off the plate without it sticking and then give it another 30 secs x2, i was really suprised. Made my evening/night/early morning.

wooohooo......Just been for a drop in and i have lost 6lbs thats is 4 days!!

Well I'm onto day 3 today and so far it's going great. Have liked everything I have had especially when made with a stick blender. Not had any headaches or other effects yet which is good. One good thing is that on my home scales I can see the weight going down nicely. Since Wednesday I have lost 6lbs on mine so let's hope it conitinues that way. I know I shouldn't weigh at home but I couldn't resist.

Donna

Well done all!

thanks Kik, I went away on hols in the caravan so thats why i wasn't on line. I did find it tough watching everyone else stuff their faces but somehow got through it. Our weight loss was the same this week so thats good! I am getting so impatient to lose more now! Some people are never satisfied ah? How are you managing?

Just popping in to say hi and well done ... you are all doing great with fab losses!

Helen, time will just fly before you know it, I can't believe I am on week 15 already.... and well done on the caravan holiday, that is a big achievement so soon after starting and I have only in the last few weeks felt "strong enough" to break out of my comfort zone and eat out!

Good luck all!

x

Hi everyone you are doing so well. Helen you have my full admiration going on holiday and not eating ,I have my family round today and I am struggling really struggling there are two lindt chocolate bunnys on my kitchen side and i picked one up and nearley bit it's ear off but I put it back and went out. What is wrong with me today I was fine last week I had friends over last weekend and i sat through them eating Thai and drinking wine and cooked them egg and bacon I could scream today.Sorry for the moaning when you are all so positive:wave_cry:

Don't apologise Nannygoat, I have loads of ups and downs on this diet. There are truely days when I think i can go on no more and I really envy the people who say they find it easy. I am naturally a worrier so I spend a lot of time thinking I won't be able to do it or what if I do lose the weight and then I can't maintain it etc etc. I am positive most of the time but we all get our down times. I'm going to Menorca on 2nd June for 10 days and really don't know what to do about that. I'll be on week 9 by then and will hopefully have lost about 2.5 to 3 stone by then. I will probably be really happy with that but what if I can't cope with not eating out there (its a big deal to me as it is a big family holiday with us going to different restaurants every night) and I give in and have dinners?

Why I get so anxious I don't know. I keep telling myself to take each day at a time as who knows how I will feel by then.

Gosh, sorry I started off with the intention of making you feel better about having a bad day and ended up going off on one.

Keep up the good work and well done for avoiding those lovely lindt bunnies!

H x

Hi there Loula just wanted to say VERY WELL DONE :)
a stone in 2 weeks is fab
I too am an April started although it will be nearer the end of the month for me.
I am pretty nervous about being tired and having no energy I tried something similar long time ago but not for long so maybe did not get the full picture.
I am really excited about trying again as need to loose this weight soooooo much know you all understand :)
Hearing your great news helps as a reminder to me what can be done and that all this is really worth while.
You should be proud of yourself :)

Hi there Loula just wanted to say VERY WELL DONE :)
a stone in 2 weeks is fab
I too am an April started although it will be nearer the end of the month for me.
I am pretty nervous about being tired and having no energy I tried something similar long time ago but not for long so maybe did not get the full picture.
I am really excited about trying again as need to loose this weight soooooo much know you all understand :)
Hearing your great news helps as a reminder to me what can be done and that all this is really worth while.
You should be proud of yourself :)

Aaah, thanks Crystal! And :welcome:

When are you starting?

Hi & welcome Crystalstar.

Hows everyone doing? I have had a bad day today & Im really struggling, not with the diet - sticking with it 100%- but just in general - feeling a bit blue:sad0071: and its not like me at all!!! The kids go back to school tomorrow after a 2week break and being on my own with them ( thanks to an awol ex) has taken its toll I think:crazy:
Anyone else have days like this?

I had a day like that Saturday Kik - was utterly miserable all day, and I mean really miserable - tears and all, and for no reason that I can articulate. I questioned everything, like my OH's commitment, which is ridiculous as it's unquestionable, whether I was any good at my job, whether I was a good daughter, friend, sister etc etc - all totally random things for no apparent reason.

Surprisingly, and very pleasingly, the only thing I didn't question was LL - even though I felt so felt so desperately sad, that didn't enter in to it at all.

No idea what caused it, and I woke up Sunday morning as happy as Larry - bizarre!!

Anyway - hope you're feeling much better now too :)

Hi Lucy - thanks for that, nice to know I'm not alone. Like you I got up today & felt so much better & very glad that I did not slip on the programe!! Looking forward to class on wed now:D

hey!

First Day today!
Not been good! really just wanted to eat but i guess this was expected!
Had a Raspberry shake first made with way to much water an with lots of lumps! not nice!
Then the chicken soup which i liked with pepper
The Chocolate shake was ok to! had this thicker than the 1st one but think i need to invest in a blender!

Decided I needed to chew something so for my last pack i made crisps with the veg. pack. they turned out fine but they got very sickly an i struggled to eat them all.

Surprisingly I drank alot of water! 5 and half litres! without even noticing it!
now thinking i may be drinking to much haha.

Feeling hungry atm guess this was expected tho! :sigh:

First days the hardest tho rite?!

Hi Adam, good to see another Man on the forum, there are a few of us around but seriously outnumbered by the ladies - lol.

1st few days are the worst until you're in ketosis, then it's just (?) the mind games you need to address rather than physical hunger.

You definitely need a hand blender (I have 2, one at home & one at the office) only cost £3-£4 each. Good luck & any questions there's loads of people here to help.

Well done all the other April Starters, loving the enthusiasm!

Hi everyone 2nd weight in last night another 3.5 lbs off i am loving this diet for the first time ever i know I will get to target it is fail proof.

Kik I was going to reply yesterday but my PC was down. I had a really bad day Saturday and Sunday for no reason then woke up Monday and felt fine. I guesss we will all have good and bad days. Keep going everyone xxxx

Hi Adam welcome. I found the first few days really hard and everyone kept saying it would get easier and now i am on my 3rd week i can honestley say i have never felt so well. I am not hungry although my head trys to tell me I am I have loads of energy(back down the gym tonight) no headaches. Stick with it it is soooooooo worth it honest.
I can only drink the shakes if i do them in a proper blender with loads crushed ice yum they really are nice and thick and frothy. The secone week i discovered peanut bars and they are my saviour.

I'm still not that keen on the shakes, tried a raspberry one this week and had to drink it down with my nose pinched shut! LOL I've also tried a chocolate one which was actually ok, I didn't love it but it was fine and good that I've got another option. I think I might try them hot next week.

My mum came to visit this weekend hence me not being around much, I had to feign a stomach upset while she was here to explain why I wasn't eating the meals I'd cooked for everyone. It backfired a little bit as she now is convnced I'm pregnant!

Sean - those pictures of you in your sig are truly amazing! Honestly I'm shocked to see the difference it has made to you (in a good way of course!)

Oh, I meant to say that I checked with my LLC last week and she said that you can have 4 porridges a day if that's what you fancy. It's all very confusing, there seems to be no consistency between LLCs

Can't believe I am on day 6 already. Weigh in day tomorrow. Although I have misplaced my record book so may have to ask for another one. It is obviously in a safe place. Not sure if I am in Ketosis or not as I think I still feel hungry or is it just a growly intestines and my head making me think that way?

Why is it that every other advert on the tv is about food and doesnt it all look good when you can't have any of it? Although I'd rather have a nice slim body that rush off and eat some of it.

Roll on tomorrow.

Donna

Hey Donna - I noticed the food adverts too! There was one on earlier for my fave takeaway and I was on the verge of licking the TV screen!!!

Hope your weigh in tomo goes well donna and Kik, and well done Nanny goat on a good result!

Welcome Adam - keep on going thru the first few days and you'll be flying along. It seriously DOES get a lot easier - all of us wouldn't still be carrying on if it was that awful!

Hugs all round xx

Back