LL Counsellor - hope this is not a sign of things to come :(

What makes you REALLY scared?

Mike

What makes you REALLY scared?

Mike

Cutting the chord with food. It has been my friend as well as my enemy for so long, saying good bye to it for presumable about 6 or 7 months is quite scary.

While I am desperate to be thin, I am scared of it too. I have been heavy for so long - and in some ways it has protected me from things that I have trouble with....and it's all tied up in so many layers of emotions - while it is an exciting journey, it is also one that scres me a lot.

Like you said to someone else on another thread, I know my fat is only part of why I am unhappy - and I am going to have to face those things that made me eat, stuffing my emotions, etc. If I am thin, I will no longer have layer upon layer of fat keeping me safe from intamicy, etc., I am a bag of problems me. lol

Last edited:
Dont be scared it is not as bad as the feeling you get when you have binged out of control.

I am sure you will be fine, it is not easy but nothing worthwhile ever is.

Great news, BL! I'm assuming your LLC has told you to start cutting down on the carbs so the first few days aren't as hard as they might be. Can't comment on the emotional issues, of course, though you should make good progress with them, but really and truly I for one have not found the abstinence hard. In fact, this a real comfort zone where we can think about ourselves, and all those emotional things, and stand back a bit from our everyday life. Giving up the food has not been scary. Going back to it, though.... eeek!

I'm so glad your wait is almost over. Don't be afraid of it, just go for it - you know why you are doing this, and we are all with you every step of the way!

Great news!!! :clap:

Good luck babes!

Cutting the chord with food. It has been my friend as well as my enemy for so long, saying good bye to it for presumable about 6 or 7 months is quite scary.

While I am desperate to be thin, I am scared of it too. I have been heavy for so long - and in some ways it has protected me from things that I have trouble with....and it's all tied up in so many layers of emotions - while it is an exciting journey, it is also one that scres me a lot.

Like you said to someone else on another thread, I know my fat is only part of why I am unhappy - and I am going to have to face those things that made me eat, stuffing my emotions, etc. If I am thin, I will no longer have layer upon layer of fat keeping me safe from intamicy, etc., I am a bag of problems me. lol

My only advice with what you have said as this is a public forum is that totally key to removing the weight and keeping it off is to deal with those issues as they are the true root cause (and you know that!).

We are looking at a secure area of the Minimins site for these kind of issues where we can explore them in a safer environment than a public forum so will let you know when Pierce has set that up and we can explore it further if you are happy to! At the end of the day I am happy to help you IF you are happy for me to do so!

Mike

woo hoo Blondelogic.. that is great news. See everything you wrote in your earlier post, I feel and worry about also, so you will not be alone. Food and comfort eating has been my "friend" and my shield against the outside world for so long that it is VERY scary indeed that this umbilical chord is/has been broken.

Like many people above, i just could not wait 4-5 weeks to start the next class so took the brave (or stupid?) step of buying a month's supply from e bay and going it alone. well kind of except the amazing LL counsellor in my area let me go get weighed each week even though I wasn't buying the packs from her.

I really cannot wait for the gorup counselling to start. Now I have taken real food away for 4 weeks (which I have to say really has been easier than I thought it would be), I am starting to really see the extent to which I used and abused food.

After a series of traumatic personal stuff in my 20s, I guess I used food like an alchoholic would use alchohol. Take it away, and all this stuff comes out that has been hidden/suppressed for years. Thats the scary part I guess.

One thing I have found has helped me is to deal with the emotions one at a time rather than eat them away like I was doing before. So if I am feeling low and tired, I go have a hot bath and have an early night. Or like yesterday when I felt so so lonely (public holiday, everything shut, young toddler, bloke away working, mates all busy with their family.. nuff said), I ended up wandering around a shopping centre so at least I could do something rather than just want to eat food. Last week, I got so angry with something at work that I immediately had a huge craving for carbs (cakes/hot chocolate/you name it, I craved it!).. Its only when you take food out of the equation that all these feelings/emotions come out the woodwork. I know that dealing with these is not going to be easy (lol god help my foundation class starting on the 8th!! - runs now girls!) but for the first time ever in about 20 years, I finally feel I am on the right road.

The support I have had already on this forum has been amazing.. so thanks to you all.

Look forward to sharing the journey with you all... its going to long and bumpy!!

My only advice with what you have said as this is a public forum is that totally key to removing the weight and keeping it off is to deal with those issues as they are the true root cause (and you know that!).

We are looking at a secure area of the Minimins site for these kind of issues where we can explore them in a safer environment than a public forum so will let you know when Pierce has set that up and we can explore it further if you are happy to! At the end of the day I am happy to help you IF you are happy for me to do so!

Mike

lol - I do suffer from verbal diarrhea sometimes - public forum or not. :eek: :D

ANd thanks for your offer for help - and yes yes yes!! I would be happy for any help I can get!! I have seen your pics, and your progress and you are a great inspiration! Please do let me know when the site is set up for a 'safer environment', but I am not too worried about it being a public forum....I have few secrets. No mater how hard I try, I am not very good at being a mysterious woman. :D

Hi SizeTen.....good on you for finding alternative solutions to eating!! Well done. That was also brave of you to start the LL on your own!! I need guidance. lol When do you start with your group?

Isn't it amazing, how things that happen to us so long ago, can have such long and lingering affects. <shaking head> If I knew then, what I know now.....

Well, this is going to be an exciting journey, and I wish you all the success in the world. We'll get throught his and be successful this time, won;t we!!!

"I will be successful, I will be successful, I will be successful," ad finitum! :D

Great news, BL! I'm assuming your LLC has told you to start cutting down on the carbs so the first few days aren't as hard as they might be. Can't comment on the emotional issues, of course, though you should make good progress with them, but really and truly I for one have not found the abstinence hard. In fact, this a real comfort zone where we can think about ourselves, and all those emotional things, and stand back a bit from our everyday life. Giving up the food has not been scary. Going back to it, though.... eeek!

I'm so glad your wait is almost over. Don't be afraid of it, just go for it - you know why you are doing this, and we are all with you every step of the way!

Hi Zomble

Thanks! As for my LLC, she did not tell me anything in advance - I think she was annoyed actually that she picked up her phone.....shocked me too, for all I have ever gotten was her voice mail. She said, "I can tell you you are in the class, but I am not really in the office until 1-1-08, so I will call you after that". So will be hearing from her shortly. I am just relieved to know I am in the class.

I am going to start cutting out carbs now. Or cutting down anyway. And I have been trying to drink at least one liter of water at work. Not so good at home yet, but I figure I am nearly out of diet coke, so will start on water when I run out. eeeek....that is going to be hard to give up. I love my diet coke. Giving up alcohol will be easy as pie - but DC - thats going to be tough.

I am really excited to get going. I keep running thorugh my head all the clothes in my loft that I will be able to wear again, and its very exciting. ANd having the support here will be amazing. I never felt any support at slimming world, and felt that every time I opened my mouth people just looked at me like I was an alien. Apparently NONE of them ever suffered emotional eating. :rolleyes: lol. Yeah, right. But here, everyone seems so supportive and so understanding and can relate to some or all of the posts - its going to be a great lifeline. I am so glad to have been pointed in this forums direction.

So - getting darn close!! Getting darn xcited!

THis is how excited I am:

:bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::bliss::chores016::party0023::talk017::party0019::talk017::rotflmao::character00201::wavey::wavey::party0011::party0011::party0011::flowers::party0049::party0049::party0049::superwoman::clap::clap::party0038::gimi::silly::silly::happy036::giggle::giggle:

:D

I think the above could mean you are pretty excited.

hehe Blonde.. you are a complete nutter... I love you!! well not literally but you know what I mean.. your posts really make me smile and laugh.. keep em going!

My class starts on Tues 8th Jan. Can't wait.. I met alot of the women a few weeks ago at the info night and they are all lovely. Going to be a bit weird having been on it for 5-7 weeks already but maybe it will be good for the others to see how effective it is at shifting weight fast.

I had my first "negative" reaction this evening when I saw a neighbour who commented on the fact I was looking a lot slimmer and healthier. When I told her about LL, she was horrified and told me it was not healthy to eat so little and lose weight so fast... bah stupid women. Luckily I have been researching VLCDs on google and could then reel off lots of facts and myths about very low cal diets like LL. Yes it may be an extreme diet but it is medically proven and effective and to be honest the benefits COMPLETELY outweigh the downsides of it. I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience. What did you say to them? I can see why some people just dont tell anyone at all about being on LL.

Great, you two - you can do it together (virtually anyway!). One of our group had this big problem with one person at work, who ended up almost trying to force-feed her. Really strange reaction. Anyway, the answer which shut this woman up was that the diet was under the regular supervision of her doctor and that he had approved it for her. That might be helpful.

I didn't tell anyone unless they asked. It became a little private joke for me to see how long it was before certain people noticed. A VERY long time, for some of them, lol!

Is it a friend you still want in your life though? Is it a friend that makes you happy?

My LLC said that to me once, and I had to pick my bottom jaw off the floor. Because the answer was a resounding NO!

Fabulous that you have a start date, I'm so excited for you!

As you know, I did by chance get confirmation I have made it into the class that starts next Monday night. But as I was told when the LLC picked up the phone - first time ever I didn;t get her voice mail- she was quick to get off the phone saying she would call us with details after the first when she is really back in the office.

Well, I know today is only the 3rd. But tomorow is Friday. Then its the weekend and then its Monday. ANd she has not called me yet.

The only reason I knew to cut down on carbs is becuase of you all here on this site. She has not called to give any pre-joining information at all.

I'm really not trying to pick holes in her - but its making me very nervouse and making me not have confidence that she will really be there, when I really need her. Shouldn't I have heard from her with SOME information?? I don;t even know what time the group meets.

I know there is still today and tomorrow for her to call, but just seems to be cutting it very fine.

I wish I wasn;t stressing about this - but I am. Just irks me a little.

Hi there!

Well, this would be doing my head in too, so not suprised you're feeling anxious. She's prob busy with stuff that's built up over Christmas, but even so, if she doesn't call you today then I would be pestering her tomorrow. You don't want to be wondering what's going on all weekend!

Hope she gets in touch with you later on :hug99:

Monkey x

BL I think it's a dreadful way to be treated. Can I ask which part of the Country are you in?

Back