LL Counsellor - hope this is not a sign of things to come :(

BL I agree with you. I'd be irked too. As a benchmark my LLC, who I think is very good, texted me yesterday to remind me the class was 30 mins earlier (just as well, because I'd completely forgotten!). You're entitled to expect proper treatment like this.

Of course, there might be some reason, like illness or some family crisis, but I think if it were me, I wouldn't phone her until the last possible minute, just to see if /when she would call. But I'd also investigate an alternative LLC just in case... then if she really drives you nuts, you can jump ship easily. Maybe there's another one in your town, or near your work...?

I started my VLCD with LL and to be honest i didn't get any pre-diet advice either. I ate crap until the day i went to my first meeting and then went into cold turkey the following day. I managed a full 8 months of complete food abstinence and it was the easiest diet i ever did.

Try not to stress out, the day after your meeting is when your real start date is and you will be given everything you need on your first day to see you through....

Hi,

I share your frustration as I had a similar experience with my LLC, her heart just wasnt in it and I felt really let down when I needed her most during the maintenence. For this reason I would not recommned it as your weight loss road needs a LOT of support. Did you consider Cambridge Diet? The density of counsellors is better so you should find one thats not a million miles away. First impressions count and are you happy to put your self in their care with such an important issue, never mind paying for the privilage; sorry to get "real" and go all Dr Phil on ya!

Good luck x

Back