LL on BBC One this evening

I've emailed the link to my LLC. Maybe we should all do the same to stop such adverse publicity cos it helps none of us who are already fighting negative opinion from loved ones or otherwise.

I did text my llc on the day it was being shown to let her know it was on - will take the link with me to class tomorrow.

Well,
As expected, it was a completely biased joke of an attempt at reporting on an issue. I managed to find it on SKY 7hundred and something.

What Corey has said is spot on. I feel like writing to them too!

Even the expert was saying thtat VLCD are good treatment for seriously ovbese people, but that it shouldn't be a free for all and that people on it should be medically supervised. 2 points here really I think:

1) the fact that VLCD's are not offered more often by the NHS and is not supported fully by the NHS is an issue that needs to be looked at - as an example why did I have to pay £15 for a nurse to do my BP and ask me some questions (all of 2 minutes work)

2) Rather ironic that they picked on the one of the 2 major VLCDs in the UK that does require medical supervision - surely CD should have been a better target.

This shows how shoddy the reporting was. Any 10 year old school kid with an assignment to write about VLCD's could have done a better job simply by browsing the internet.

Shoddy Shoddy Shoddy
Makes me question the TV license fee.

Has anybody else watched it yet on ipayer - what are your thoughts?

I already posted my thoughts, but you misseed 'em so here you are again. :)

Thanks NN2YY for posting that! Just had a watch....can't say there is anything there to put me off or anything there that has scared me, etc.

They spoke to 1 person only, who had a bad experience. And one who moanded about her menstrual cycle. Two people out of thousands of people.

No big deal. As long as we are aware of how we are feeling physicially and take action should we notice anything unusual, etc.

I am sure they could find fault with piling plates full of unlimited quanitities of carbs, or meat, etc., on Slimming World - they could find fault with WW, CD, W8 - whatever is out there, someone will come a long at some stage and poke holes in it.

Common sense and good judgement are key. The booklets warn of all the side effects, or the website - if someone goes in to the diet having researched it and know they are to be monitored every 28 days, and if their counselor does not insist on it, it is up to the individual to challenge the counselors practice. If they accept it - its on them.

Seems just this weeks hoo-haa is LL, next week it will be something different.

In my initial induction meeting (before i decided whether to join the plan)we were told of all the possible side effects.More to the point Sara told us all the technical reasons why they happen.She explained in minute detail how to drink the 4 litres of water(waterfall effect one glass every half hour).she explained about the effects on our hormones and the reasons why ,and she flatly refused to allow anyone to start who didn't have their medical form filled in and signed and stamped by a doctor.When i filled in the first medical form,i mentioned i had had epileptic fits at the age of 14(40 years ago) as a precursor to meningio-encephalitis,and even though i haven't had one since ,they refused to allow me on the programme.it took several phone calls by my counsellor to lighter life,and a full report by my gp before they would agree to let me start.Some girls in my group paid as much as £90.00 for their forms to be completed.At week 4 i got an e-mail from lighter life head office telling me i needed to have my blood pressure checked and Sara told us at our meeting.I received my bag week 1,my pedometer week2,my dvd and exersise band week 4,and had compulsory pop ins for two weeks.

sound like a dangerous or irresponsible company to you?
This article was badly researched,biased and sabre rattling,and i dont know where the "undercover reporter" went but it certainly wasn't my group.

I already posted my thoughts, but you misseed 'em so here you are again. :)

Cheers BL, I had seen your comments, but there were several others that posted earlier in the thread that they hadn't been able to see it. I was wondering if any of them had any comments about it having watched it.

Cheers

Back