Ll Welcome Thread Sign In Thread 2008

mrs-p,

I too only had 3st to lose and did it in 7 weeks having 7lbs to lose when I started RtM (route to managment) which I continued to lose when eating in a month.

I've been maintaining well with my own 5lb fluctuation allowance, but as you can see from my ticker I want to shift that and 5 more for when I go on holiday on the 1st Feb so I can relax and enjoy.

sun x

Sun
You lost 3lbs in 7 weeks?!
That is amazing. I hope to do as well as you have done.
Thanks so much for the info & support.
Best of luck with losing your 10lb before you hols!

M
x

Hi
I am brand new to the forum and brand new to LL today!
I am aiming to lose 3 stone and day no 1 is tough.
I have to cook dinner for my son and my husband and do all the food shopping. I am struggling.
My head is pounding and I am feeling a little bit grotty
Is this usual so early!
Its day 1
Would love to hear from people who have had success on the diet - to inspire me and so I can hear some success stories.
Love M
x
Hi M
I too have to do all the shopping and cook every night for my DH and DD. The first 2 weeks I just cooked them stuff I didn't like, after that I have had no problem at all, even cooking over Christmas didn't bother me that much. I am sure once you get into the swing of things you will be fine.
I had a headache on day one and two but paracetamol dealt with that, after that I was totally fine, never felt better.
Good luck.

Sun
You lost 3lbs in 7 weeks?!
That is amazing. I hope to do as well as you have done.
Thanks so much for the info & support.
Best of luck with losing your 10lb before you hols!

M
x

LOL mrs-p, 3lbs 3 stone!;)

xx

I know its just a matter of getting into the swing of things.
I can only imagine what it was like to cook and not eat over Christmas
Thanks for the advice, Ali
M
x

Hi all (and a special hello to Tootsie!)

I started LL on the 17 Sept 2007, recommended by my Sis Sun and inspired by Tootsie!

I have lost 3 stone 11 lbs in 16 weeks. I will admit that when I first heard about LL I thought 'Oh God, another fad diet'..........don't believe in fad diets.................blah blah blah! Sis was my guinea pig! I was amazed at her results. And I too am extremely proud of her. And I thank her for everything. She's brill! And no sis, I haven't been on the wine! ;-)

I have never felt so good! Just got a stone or so to go before I go into Management, which won't take long. Having a brill LLC has helped too.

Right, just going to try and upload my before and after 100 days photos.

Welcome to all and good luck. Use this forum, the support you get from it is amazing!

Hello folks,
I started LL on 27th June 2007. I lost 3stone 7lbs in 100 days and almost 6 stone now. I seemed to average 2.5lbs a week which was fine. I am not too far off going into management now and I am looking forward to going back into the world of food again armed with my new understanding of my eating patterns!
I have gone off plan a few times but I am fortunate and managed to go back to the packs straight away. It has been the easiest plan I have done and I look back and wonder how I did it at times. The advice to keep a diary is a very good one. I took photos at 5 week intervals as well and they are weird to look back on but nice as a record. I also took measurements, lots about every month or so to watch the inches dissapear and that was a motivator at times.
This board has also been inspirational to me and motivated me when I was having a bad time of it.
Enjoy your time on the diet and watch yourself shrink!!!!
Good Luck to all.

Doh NetNet, you making me blush here lol! mwah xxx

fantastic scott, you are gonna be at target before you know it.

Sun x

Hi everyone
I am Rose, I am a 2008 starter, I am on day 3 of lighter life. I am not feeling to great at the moment so have come on here for inspiration that the result will be worth this misery really!
Current weight 18stone 2pound. BMI around 44.
Fingers crossed
Rose x

welcome Rosie

just be strong for the first week then you will sail through it with the most fastest weight loss ever, any support, rants or whatever, we will be here for you!

Good Luck, just keep glugging at the water, it is soooo important and will speed the weight loss.

sun xxxxxxxxx

HI im jo have been on LL for 11 weeks now and have lost 3 1/2 stone. im so pleased. im getting married in september and this has been such a great diet experience.

many congratulations jowray, just imagine how beautiful you will look in your wedding dress!

sun xx

Hi I am Mary or Ladylite,

I have been on LL for 8 weeks, started 20th Nov and lost 2 stone. Really pleased as I managed to lose over Christmas 6lbs, usually put on between 8 and 12lb.

Love the diet, but as someone said it is best if you dont cheat aS it is not easy getting back on track. However, if you do you get some fantastic help from all the peeps on this forum.

Good luck to everyone starting and remember

TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF YOUR SLIM LIFE.

Reactions: sun
nice advice for newbies lady, you are a great inspiration to all

sun xxxxxx

New Starter

Hi everyone, your stories are very inspirational - Thanks:)

I am going to my first ever LL meeting tonight and will start properly tomorrow. I did CD in 06 and lost 6 stone but had to stop suddenly as I discovered I was pregnant. Consequently I put all the weight back on again. Now my little boy is 15mnths and I have decided it is time to try again so I can keep up with him! I reckon I have about 9-10 stone to lose, I would like to eventually be a size 12-14 but as long as I am healthy that is the most important thing.

Am very nervous about what the shakes taste like. On cambridge I could not stomach the powder shakes and ended up only eating the Tetra packs which I dont think LL have!

Any tips on how to make them less powdery would be helpful. Also, can I prepare them in advance for work?

Thanks guys, look forward to sharing my weight loss with you.

Sappho

I don't find them powdery myself, I use a stick blender to mix all my packs. You can get one for £3.95 in tesco and also asda i think.
You can prepare them for work, but you should only do one per day, one of the ladies in our group makes a flask of soup every day. Once you have got to your first pop in you can have the bars too, which are lovely.
From what I hear a lot of people prefer the LL packs to CD.
Some of them have been revamped recently and all the soups and the strawberry, raspberry and vanilla shakes are now finer and mix better.

welcome sappho,

you have achieved a fantastic weight loss before and you can/will do it again. I've tasted both CD and LL, I can stomach both and in my opinion LL are better.

Good luck tonight hun, as they say you've gort nothing to lose but that weight!

sun xx

Thank you! I actually havent found them as powdery as CD but it is just telling my head that they are OK that is the problem! I find it much better using a hand mixer. I am on day 2 and doing ok but do feel a little nausea, prob in my head though. I look at my son and know I have to keep going!

Sappho

HI,
I'm Mike and I started LL last Thursday.
All going well so far - water no real problem, hunger not bad.

Weight loss at first WI after 4 days was 9.2 llbs so very happy with that and BMI drpped 1 point too - looking forward to WI tomorrow.

Back