Loaded Hashbrowns - American Style (pics)

StaceyUK

Gold Member
This is soooo good! I served mine with Heinz Mean Beanz Smoky BBQ - divine!

Loaded Hashbrowns - American Style!
Serves 2

Free on Green (if using bacon and cheese as HEX's) and EE

3 large Maris Piper or King Edward potatoes
4 spring onions, chopped
170g lean bacon (raw weight), cooked and chopped (HEX B)
84g Cathedral City Light mature cheese, grated (HEX A or B)

1) Peel the potatoes, rinse and then coarsely grate. Using paper towel or tea cloth, squeeze out excess liquid. Preheat grill.

2) Heat a large frying pan and spray with Butter FryLight. Press the shredded potatoes into the pan, spreading it so it's the diameter of the pan (like a pancake). Season with salt & pepper.

3) Once golden underneath (will take about 10 mins), flip onto a plate, spray pan with more FryLight and transfer back to the pan to cook the other side. Cook for another 10 mins or until golden.

4) Scatter the spring onions and bacon over the 'pancake' and sprinkle with the cheese. Pop under the grill until melted and golden.

5) Cut in half and dollop with very low fat fromage frais. Serve with baked beans and 'fried' eggs.

Attachments

• IMG_3171.JPG
    IMG_3171.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_3173.JPG
    IMG_3173.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 258
That looks fantastic Stacey - you should get a blog on the go with your recipes and pictures.

How do you make your eggs look so good just using frylight ?

That looks fantastic Stacey - you should get a blog on the go with your recipes and pictures.

Thanks! I might do that!

How do you make your eggs look so good just using frylight ?

I spray the pan with butter frylight, get it hot, crack the eggs in and cook for a few minutes then pop them under a hot grill (still in pan) for 1-2 mins until the yolk is done to my liking!

Thanks! I might do that!

I spray the pan with butter frylight, get it hot, crack the eggs in and cook for a few minutes then pop them under a hot grill (still in pan) for 1-2 mins until the yolk is done to my liking!

What a great idea - I will definately try that thanks. I am also going to try the butter frylight

stupid question, but where do you ladies get your butter fry lite? my morrisons don't sell it (boo hoo!)

i do my eggs in the oven! I use a yorkshire pudding try, spray it with fry light and then crack the egg into it, they're really tasty and they keep the shape well x

ooh yummy yummy that looks delish x

Thanks stacey, just done that for dinner!!!!
was yummy!

That looks soooo scrummy! Have just eaten a mammoth "free" sunday dinner (all the veggies!) and could eat that now it looks that nice! Great idea! Thanks for posting!

ooooo yummy i know what im having for dinner tonight!!!!mmmmm well done 4 keeping it interesting!!!

We had it for tea tonight with mushrooms as I has no spring onions, DD#3 loved it too. We are all thinking of the toppings we would like to try now.

Back