Loads to lose, need a buddy

Bizzylizzy

I'm a 'serial failure'! I've dieted so many times and failed it's ridiculous.
I have so much weight to lose it's scary, at least 10stone, but I should lose more really.
I've tried slimming world several times, the problem I have with that is portion control, weight watchers, well why count points you may as well count calories, so I'm thinking of doing just that.
What I could do with is a buddy/friend who also has lots to lose that we could keep in touch with regularly and spur each other on, is there anyone out there that would like to do that with me?
I'm 56 so someone near my age would be fab, we'd have more in common, and hopefully have lots to chat about other than dieting! so does anyone fancy being my buddy??

Hi BizzyLizzy,

Just wanted to wish you well (sorry not in your age range to be your "buddy"), Im sure you'll soon shed those lbs off which will in turn lead to stones,

Im in the same posistion as yourself need to loose at least 10 stone (aiming for 12.5 stone loss) its a crazy thought isnt it.

Good Luck with your weightloss.

I have less to loose, almost 8. I am sure you can do it I have only ever managed to loose weight doing kcal counting I tried cambridge and weight watchers, it just doesn't work for me. I have to eat right and exercise and that is what I am doing.

So I wish you good luck x

I'm a 'serial failure'! I've dieted so many times and failed it's ridiculous.
I have so much weight to lose it's scary, at least 10stone, but I should lose more really.
I've tried slimming world several times, the problem I have with that is portion control, weight watchers, well why count points you may as well count calories, so I'm thinking of doing just that.
What I could do with is a buddy/friend who also has lots to lose that we could keep in touch with regularly and spur each other on, is there anyone out there that would like to do that with me?
I'm 56 so someone near my age would be fab, we'd have more in common, and hopefully have lots to chat about other than dieting! so does anyone fancy being my buddy??
HiBizzylizzy, i have 10 stone to lose and that is because of all the diets i have been on and faild and put on more weight than i lost, so i know just how you are feeling, i was really low when i found this forum and it has really helped me, im fairly close to your age im 50, have you started a diary? have a look at mine, this sunday will be my 2nd week, i lost 10lbs my first week, but i did have food poisoning and didnt eat at all for 3 days and only dry toast after that, im not doing a 'proper diet' this time because i know i wont stick to it, im using a hypno cd(paul mckenna i can make you thin) and drasticly cutting down on fat and have stopped takeaways, I will buddy you if you like, you will be really inspired when you see how well people have done, RainbowRose really inspired me when i started, her diary just says it all, keep posting, and have a look at the diaries, this forum is just what you need if you need support and understanding. you can definately do it this time !:grouphugg:

MS Piggy hope you don't mind but I clicked for you to be my buddy as I saw you were 50 the same age as me.

Hi Keke,
Sent you a friend request, we need to get you past 50 posts so we can pm.
What plan you on? have a look at my diary, you started your diary yet?

Hi BizzyLizzie,
yep the 50 post thing is a pest, i used up alot of mine on the word games in chitchat, you can find it under user cp.
So how you doin?:)

Hiya you 2 how have you been today ? Only just got home from work and got straight on here for some much needed bottle filling ! Am soooo glad we can befriend each other I have been really good today not even had all my syns I can't believe it! I haven't really felt hungry either been eating a lot of fruit and when I say a lot I had my 5 a day for me brekky hehe but I thought what the heck its a lot less than the pkt yes pkt of biscuits I would have normally. Any way must go hubbs very tired bless him will speak to you all tom evening after taking the dds to see hp good luck girls day 3 tomorrow and I'm flying high wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Am always hyper when I come home after a shift so not as mad as this normally but I may be a bit bubbly on times you have been warned!! lol COME ON GELS WE CAN DO IT!

We most certainly can Keke, isnt it annoying how we all keep missing each other on line, glad you had a good day, feels good doesnt it, chat soon, take care. x:)

It is annoying but we will be online tog soon and can have a good chin wag. I have been filling up on fruit again today and been busy so have been very good again ,nearly slipped in Sainsburys doing the shopping but came through unscathed I have come to the conclusion I should not go into food shops I will have to have deliveries instead. A bit drastic but I really found it hard shopping and not buying (and then eating) the food.Hope you have all had really good day it's day 4 for me tom and I can't believe that I have managed to stop scoffing am just waiting for weigh day I hope we all do well . I have clicked to be both your friends and will post again tom evening bye for now .

I did have a delivery of asda SW food on Thursday but needed a few things today just incase you think I have eaten the delivery from yesterday and no wonder I don't feel hungry hehe lol !

Hello :D :D :D :D

can i join in your FAB, FIT, FOXY, FIFTY'ish group??????

I am just a baby though...18 months until the big 5 0!!!!! but hey, doesn't life begin then????? hee hee

i would love to be your buddy too bizzylizzy :) I have a lot to lose too, i started at 21st 5 in feb :eek:...but for the first time in many many years, its working, but THIS TIME its coming off forever!!! I've gone for a total lifestyle change..and the lightbulb moment has clicked on..and more importantly stayed on :D

As mspiggy says, definately think about a diary ladies? It has really helped me stay focused and the support is unbelievable!!! :) I joined minimins originally 2 years ago, and failed and failed time and time again, (as usual)..but came back in feb, more determined than ever, and I'm still here!!!! :)

I have (had) no life due to my weight, the first page on my diary lists all my reasons for needing and wanting to do it this time!

Looking forward to chatting to you.

(thanks for the recommendation mspiggy..very flattered!!!!)

Rx

Last edited:
Another good day today girls thank god am just scoffing some free melon and had aldis light cott cheese for tea it was delicious normally we would have agreat big takeawy full of fat and crap dished up with a shed load of calories for afters. Funny how something like cott cheese can taste so good after only 4 days isn't it? Rainbow Rose I have looked at your diary it is fabulous you are so articulate in your writing I know exactly how you feel. Thanks for befriending me let's have another great day tomorrow yes!

Hi buds,
Second week -3 and a half pounds gone, really pleased with that, I know your wd is tomorrow Rose, how about you keke and you Bizzylizzy?:)

Ms Piggy!!! Wondered where you were ,fantastic wt loss just think 10 and a half pounds off already in 2 weeks think how much after 2 months! Am weighing on weds and can't wait been really good today again I dunno how cos this is not like me energy continuing to be better too will start to do a bit of walking soon I think. I want to buy a treadmill so as no one can see me out cos it's embarassing ppl staring but I would have to buy one for bariatric ppl I don't want to do thatcos I don't want to think of myself as bariatric even though I know deep down I am. God it's awful what we do to ourselves isn't it.Never mind am not dwelling on it it's a new day it's a new dawn for me and I'm feeling good! Good luck Piggers speak tomorrow!lol

Back