LoChan's diary - hello!

they look amazing :D thanks hun! xxx

No probs :)

I've posted them on the recipes board too now, bit elitist keeping them just in my diary :D:8855:

oh oh hot and sour soup, now i really need to make that :D

I will have to go shopping to get some ingredients, but can't till weds so i will have to wait till then :cry::cry:

liked the pumpkin cookie recipie too,my pumpkin didn't come with my shopping:sigh: so i will have to get one of them on weds too.

:wow: that hot and sour soup looks amazing, darn am missing a few ingredients otherwise I would have made it right now, I could so easily eat it for lunch lol
Guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow now :(
Hope you're having a great day sweetie xxx

Mn morning of work hasn't been great - some woman has been screaming and ranting across the road all morning. There was a fellow there at first around 10ish and they were arguing in the street with her carrying a toddler in her arms. The fellow went away but she keeps letting rip with a howl every 10 mins or so, dunno who's she's fighting with now :(

I think someone already called the police but nothing much happened... it's in a small flat block over the road so wondering if it's supported accomodation or something - I'm aware of a few like that round here from being in my line of work... grr it put me off all morning and got hardly anything done :mad:

Off out to collect my son from school now so hoping the walk will clear my head :sigh:

No recipe planned for tonight yet so need to think up something... there's always more soup and noodles - sorry Jackie, don't think I can be generous enough to share this first batch :D

No problems hun, hope you enjoy it :)

Am making the hot and sour soup tonight and doing a fish dish with it, not quite sure how but I am sure I'll come up with something lol...will give you my verdict on the soup later am really excited lol xxx

Mn morning of work hasn't been great - some woman has been screaming and ranting across the road all morning. There was a fellow there at first around 10ish and they were arguing in the street with her carrying a toddler in her arms. The fellow went away but she keeps letting rip with a howl every 10 mins or so, dunno who's she's fighting with now :(

didn't you curtain twitch i would have neeeeeded to know what they argueing about. :8855:
hope you had a nice walk and son had a good day xx

Am making the hot and sour soup tonight and doing a fish dish with it, not quite sure how but I am sure I'll come up with something lol...will give you my verdict on the soup later am really excited lol xxx

Ooooh a second opinion already, that is exciting! Can't wait to hear how it goes - are you using the bamboo shoots from the original recipe? Didn't have those in so I put in a few extra mushrooms instead which I prefer anyway :)

The soup looks pretty dark to start with but it lightens up after the cornflour and egg goes in. The egg stage looks a bit startling but don't worry it'll be okay lol

didn't you curtain twitch i would have neeeeeded to know what they argueing about. :8855:
hope you had a nice walk and son had a good day xx

That's the problem, I was meant to be working but I was curtain-twitching all morning making sure across the road wasn't awash with the blood of chavs :8855:

She's shut up now anyway - had a good walk in listening to comedy and managed to avoid the high-school letting out (hate walking past the big groups of evil teens) and then surprisingly my son said he'd walk home instead of getting the bus so done both ways (nearly 4.5 miles) and we had a nice chat on the way home :) Well, I chatted, he had to shout as my hearing is still bad from last week's ear infection :sigh:

Ow... Davina killed me today, hamstrings were twanging a bit with repeated squats, think I'll be doing the cowboy walk to'mow.

Not enjoying scanbran week at all - I'm in a sulk 'cause my tea wasn't much fun. Plus it's not had the clearout effect people praise it for - feel really heavy and sluggish... spose the cold sesame noodles two days in a row and a drop in veg could have added to it but I'm sulking remember so I'm blaming it all on the flippin scanbran!

9823875-angry-smiley-sulking.jpg

Green again today:​

B - 2 weetabix (hexb), chopped banana, hexa of milk divided between cereal and coffee​

L - hot and sour soup (3 syns), 1/2 bowl of cold sesame noodles (2.5 syns)​

Afternoon - 1/2 bowl of cold sesame noodles (2.5 syns), a not-ripe-enough pear :sigh:​

D - scanbran quiche (hexb & 2.5 syns, also mheh), bbq beans and frylight fried mushrooms. Activia peach yoghurt.
Scanbran quiche, bbq beans & mushrooms.jpg

Evening - milky coffee (hexa), chopped apple, 3 mini toblerons (3 syns).​

Red day tom'ow, see if that helps with heavyness. Gonna get the scanbran over with a breakfast too so body has the whole day to get them processed. Hmn, keep sulking around this time of week... monday blues syndrome mayhap :rolleyes:

LoChan1984 said:

I think someone already called the police but nothing much happened... it's in a small flat block over the road so wondering if it's supported accomodation or something - I'm aware of a few like that round here from being in my line of work... grr it put me off all morning and got hardly anything done :mad:

Off out to collect my son from school now so hoping the walk will clear my head :sigh:

No recipe planned for tonight yet so need to think up something... there's always more soup and noodles - sorry Jackie, don't think I can be generous enough to share this first batch :D

The scan bran doesn't sound fun Hun but if it works it will be worth it! :)

Like you, I didn't get good results with speed soup.. So I am waiting to see how you get on with the scan bran ;-) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi hun,
Well I made the hot and sour soup, sorry didn't come and give you my verdict earlier as the psoriasis on my foot has been a real b*tch tonight, have been going mad itching and now it's really sore again..I need some relief lol...anyway back to the Hot and Sour Soup, :wow: don't you get a lot for 4 servings...we all had it me, hubby, Kirsty and son in law and marks out of ten we gave it a unanimous 20!!!...omg it's to die for, better than the take away bought one, I didn't have some of the ingredients but Mal was going to Tesco to get a new flask so made him pick them up, while I prepared the main course (also a big hit), made it got to the chilli part and realised I didn't have any, so rather than send him out again I used chilli flakes, wasn't sure how much to use and in the end used just under 2 tsp and it was spot on, just perfect...not sure I'd add the mushrooms again though, I love mushrooms but think I may prefer noodles or bamboo shoots next time..so now have to make more tomorrow cos they insist lol, we followed that with a luxury fish pie, (smoked haddock, cod and prawns) with a BNS and swede topping and then breadcrumbs over the top for a whole 5 syns in total between 4 of us ...very yummy so I definitely give it a thumbs up...would go so far as to say it's taken the no:1 spot as my favourite soup so far xxxx

Last edited:
Yay, a glowing review! lol That's cheered me up this morning :)

I was really surprised at how much it makes and how good it was too compared to a takeaway one. And you can't argue with the syn difference can you :D

TBH I'm not sure how I'm gonna top it now, seems early on in the plan to have found the Golden Recipe :D

Hope the foot feels better today, don't want it preventing you from going to WI this week or doing your Iron Lily workout x

Ooh, just randomly noticed an NSV. BMI has now dropped 5 points total and just dipped under 50 - mini yay lol

Think I'm 3.5lbs off 10%, don't think I'll be in the club though since I'm not an official member atm :rolleyes:

Yay, a glowing review! lol That's cheered me up this morning :)

I was really surprised at how much it makes and how good it was too compared to a takeaway one. And you can't argue with the syn difference can you :D

TBH I'm not sure how I'm gonna top it now, seems early on in the plan to have found the Golden Recipe :D

Hope the foot feels better today, don't want it preventing you from going to WI this week or doing your Iron Lily workout x

I absolutely love everything about the soup and especially the syns, it was to die for, thank you so much for that hun ...sad as I am, I am thrilled that I have that recipe, a little fiddly at first but I think once I've made it a few times it'll be great.
My daughter and hubby like soup but they aren't mad about them. My son in law is like me and really loves them and he's so darn complimentary when we try a new one...he couldn't get enough of the hot and sour one and was disappointed there was none left to take to work today, so I am making another batch this afternoon and will have mine for lunch and leave him to take his to work bless him lol
Hun, I have only ever missed 1 WI and that was week 2 ...nothing will stop me going, last week i hobbled in in my slippers and limped about all over the place, I will do the same today...although after the itching session last night, I think I cleared a lot of the dead skin so it feels a little easier today and I don't often miss doing exercise either most often if I can't actually stand and do it then I do it sitting...nothing will defeat me believe me lol
Feel a bit pensive this week, had a bit more pasta than I normally eat and rice too and I don't normally do well when I've eaten them so :fingerscrossed:
Hope you're having a lovely day xxx

Back