LoChan's diary - hello!

Heyos :)

Still a bit drained from yesterday and really tired but feeling more my usual self today. Just catching up on diaries and whatnot - having another no exercise day which feels really bad but I'll be back to the school walks and a few davina sessions during the week.

Mn, spose I should add a shiny thing to my signature... the milestone got spoiled a bit with the bad day and it's still not registering much today either, silly s0d that I am :rolleyes:.

I'll write down the pumpkin bread recipe for you later on Lily, I've just got it on paper atm :) It's not as good as a recipe I used to have though so might tweak it a bit yet x

well done on those 2.5lbs.. thats fab hun :D

hope you have a better day soon - exercise does give you happy endorphins so maybe your davina etc tomorrow will help you feel happier? :)

P.s.. egg curry sounds amazing and those bombay potatoes looked luvverly! :D x

well done on those 2.5lbs.. thats fab hun :D

hope you have a better day soon - exercise does give you happy endorphins so maybe your davina etc tomorrow will help you feel happier? :)

P.s.. egg curry sounds amazing and those bombay potatoes looked luvverly! :D x

The endorphins thing did run through my mind today but then I thought 'naaaah' - must've been channelling Tilly :8855:

Extra Easy day today - got a bit adventurous at teatime :D And ate mackeral without being sick :eek::eek::eek:

B - ready brek made with water (hexb), golden syrup (2 syns) & chopped banana

L - small bowl of egg curry, griddled lemon pepper chicken and mixed veggies.
Griddled lemon pepper chicken & veg.jpg

Afternoon - activia peach yoghurt

D - Japanese meal inspired by The Japan Diet book. Consisting of: Grilled fresh mackerel fillet (0.5 syns for mirin), braised mixed vegetables, white miso soup (made from paste 1 syn) with tofu and spring onions, white rice, daikon pickle.
Japanese feast.jpg

E - ready made fruit salad pack with strawberries, melon and grapes.

It was a low budget shop today and they had fresh whole mackeral for under £1 so I thought I'd be brave and try it - the smoked and the tinned kind make me gag. It wasn't too bad cooked this way.

I had to get my dad to fillet it and throw away the head and tail bits for me though, so I wasn't 100% brave :8855:

Going to try a few other japanese-style meals this week. Hoping to visit the japanese market in manchester after I get some benefit money on tuesday to buy a few bits and pieces. Want to try some barley tea - it's caffeine free so it bit easier for me to manage than green tea, though I'm pondering getting a small amount of posh green tea for a treat... sounds weird thinking of tea as a treat doesn't it :eek::)

Lily I'll post the pumpkin bread recipe for you tomorrow now, time's run away with me today :eek:

Ok hun no worries, in your own time...I made the egg curry tonight, was very nice and very filling and most importantly for me very quick and easy to make lol so thank you for that hun...I love your adventurous food streak, I thought I was up for anything till I met you, will be watching your Japanese meals with great interest xxx

That's what I liked most about the egg curry - easy peasey lol

Being adventurous with food seems to keep me on the straight and narrow :D Had a japanese style breakfast this morning and having an adaptation of Sugar's goulash for tea... not sure what to do for lunch - quite an international day planned so far lol

Lo i really feel for your past scan bran pains now.. i didnt think they would be so bad :( agony.

and on the fish front - most places will do all the filleting for you you know? i am a skilled filleter myself.. I was trained at simply butchery, fishmongering and cheesemongering on the delicatessen at Sainsbos :p

also.. how can you not like tinned mackerel? its up there with the cottage cheese on my list :D x

love the shiney :D

have a good day xxx

I just need to remember to change it when I get to the next one now lol

Hope I can add the 10% one next saturday! Green and pink will look nice next to each other :D

Lo i really feel for your past scan bran pains now.. i didnt think they would be so bad :( agony.

and on the fish front - most places will do all the filleting for you you know? i am a skilled filleter myself.. I was trained at simply butchery, fishmongering and cheesemongering on the delicatessen at Sainsbos :p

also.. how can you not like tinned mackerel? its up there with the cottage cheese on my list :D x

I had no idea the scanbran would be that bad either - since on the whole most people either say they don't eat it or they love it and have it all the time. Nothing about evil cramps :( Hope you get through the last day of it and that it returns a decent loss for you to make up for the discomfort :hug99:

I got the fish pre-wrapped, it was from the in-store counter but they had a section with pre-weighed, packaged and priced items so I got it from there instead of queing at the counter... don't like it there much either with all the things looking at me lol

Think fish is just one of the rare things I'm hesistant to cook myself and I would hardly ever pick a fishy dish over other choices when eating out. Have to force myself with these things. Tinned stuff I don't like any of it much or at least think I don't. Made myself try some tinned salmon as part of my breakfast this morning, thought it would be the flaked kind but opened it and it was a whole big slice of salmon, skin and back boney bits and everything :sign0137: Almost chucked it but made myself cook it blindly and chewed very quickly when I came across boney bits.

Have had that and the other piece of mackeral today so something of a breakthrough lol

Pumpkin bread recipe for Lily :)

Pumpkin Bread - will make 1 large/tall loaf or two smaller loaves. Total recipe syns - 130

Ingredients

200g plain flour (36 syns)
1 tsp baking soda (I counted this plus the baking powder as 1 syn)
1/2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp salt
4 eggs
200g caster sugar (40 syns)
45g dark brown sugar (9 syns)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup of canned or pureed pumpkin (sorry didn't weigh this one out since it's free)
100g vegetable oil (I used rice bran oil) (44 syns).

1) Preheat oven to 180C

2) Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt.

3) In another bowl whisk together eggs, sugars and vanilla.

4) Slowly encorporate dry ingredients into the egg mixture, a little bit at a time mixing thoroughly.

5) Add the pumpkin and oil and stir to combine into a smooth batter.

6) Pour batter into either one or two loaf tins (I sprayed mine with frylight in place of greasing with butter).

7) Bake in the oven - a single large loaf will need around 60-70 mins, two smaller loaves will need around 30-40 mins. They're done when you can poke them with a skewer and it comes out clean.

The loaves do tend to go dark brown/almost burned looking but it adds to the flavour :)
The original recipe I adapted made one big loaf and suggested it make 8 portions. Thought I'd be sensible and go for two smaller loaves and get 16 smaller portions instead which works out at 8 syns per a 16th slice.

I'm thinking about trying out a lower syn version and will post on here how it goes - maybe not until the weekend though.

Plan is to swap the caster sugar for splenda (1 cup) leaving in the brown sugar, and to try swapping the oil for stewed apple/apple sauce. It would reduce the syns a fair bit but I'm tempted to make the bigger loaf and have bigger slices :D

Have you exercised today or are you still tuned into my brainwaves. My brain scrambles everyday so you'll soon be back to normal :D

Yay I don't have to take responsibility for my laziness today, I can blame you and your prescrambled brainwaves :8855:

I did my 2ish mile walk to school (with lots of almost going over on my ankles :() but nothing else so far... maybe yoga later as my back's hurting today.

*hums Where's Your Head At by Basement Jaxx* :8855:

Are you okay or do you need a lie down? :8855:

:8855:yes I think I do need to lie down :8855:

Hope we're back to normal tomorrow, your exercise bike session made me tired so I didn't do anything else today :D

Mn tiring Monday but apart from swearing (using the -really- bad words :p) at my work comp all through the working part of the day it's been okay. Very fishy though, definitely think I'm being other people today lol

I made an effort with fruit eating today and made a big bowl of fruit salad using 2 plums, 1 apple, 1 orange and 1 nectarine and dipped into this with each main meal. Was very tasty and didn't have room for yoghurts for a change lol Will try doing this again most of this week, see if it's an effective weight loss habit as well as a tasty one :D

Extra Easy again:

B - Japanese style breakfast of scrambled tofu and salmon topped with minced spring onion (1 syn for a 1/2tsp olive oil), brown rice (eat half of it as it was a little undercooked), miso soup with wakame sea vegetables and spring onion (1 syn for miso). Small bowl of fruit salad.
Japanese breakfast.jpg

Morning - Very small bowl of sushi rice, a banana. Apricot-filled cereal bar (6 syns).

Late lunch - Mackerel onigiri (1.5syns). Small fruit salad - think this counts as EE (hopefully!).
Mackerel Nigiri.jpg

D - Adapted Sugar's Beef Goulash (1.5 syns), steamed new potatoes, broccoli and carrots. Small fruit salad. Coffee and an oaty biscuit (guessed at 6 syns, son brought it me home from school).
Beef Goulash, steamed new potatoes & veg.jpg

Evening - milky coffee (hexa) and weetabix oaty bar (hexb)

Found these cute rice toppers in my cupboard which work out at a half syn each (all around 10 cals) Hello Kitty furikaka (rice seasonings).jpg
I added a nori one in with my nigiri - made them look quite authentic :D

Will be a little less adventurous tomorrow I'm afraid, at least for breakfast and lunch. Having another day off work on wednesday but will need to work a bit more tomorrow so won't have as much time during the day.

And again, should try and do something other than walking tom'ow but as said I'm going with an easy and relaxed sort of week so not pushing myself into things :)

Comes in having seen you in Rach's diary
and my eye's almost popped out of my head at breakfast
wow that looks totally and utterly fab
how do you scramble tofu ?

Back