LoChan's diary - hello!

you've been quiet today, hope all is well and you have had a good day x

Hi LoChan, I thought I'd drop by and see your diary. :wavey:

Reading through you're way more adventurous than me with food, unlike mine, which is very 'samey', it's very interesting to read, I'm hoping some of your variety might rub off on me! :D

Raspberries with chocolate might be the first new thing I try. xxxx

Hiya hun, nice to 'see' you here :)

I probably have a bit too much variety in that it costs quite a bit each week but for the moment I can afford it so I indulge in trying new things quite often. Oh and I made the borscht - same recipe I gave you but I added 3 tbsp of fresh chopped dill and 3tbsp of cider vinegar.... oh my it's some GOOD eating :D

Never thought of melting a freddo! I bought a mutlipack yesterday! I have been dipping my strawberries into the muller light dessert yoghurts - so good and one pot easily does 2 days so 1/2 the syns :)

Oh is that the cheesecake yogurts? I can see that working quite well :D

Your food looks so amazing, I am going to look through your recipes now for some ideas for next week, I feel you are close to getting below that stone marker xxxx

Oh and toast things, not delicious really I just can't think of how else to describe them, it's like melba toast only much thicker and in the shape of a very small slice of bread, 30 cals eat and a good bread substitute for those of us who live in countries where bread is ultra rank!

Like this
images

I have been sneaky peeking and if all goes well I should get under 26st no problem come friday morning :D

Ah I see (re the toast), no longer a delicious mystery, oh well lol I think we have a similar type of toast thing here but they're circle-shaped like Blackpool milkroll and those are quite tasty with cream cheese or pate - bit of a syn splurge though I suppose :rolleyes:

you've been quiet today, hope all is well and you have had a good day x

Hiya Izzy, been a bit of a crepe couple of days actually :sigh: Wore myself out on tuesday breaking into a broken cupboard at playgroup (it was our cupboard so technically I wasn't being a vandal). Today... urgh let's just say it felt like everyone in Manchester had made it their mission to annoy me :rolleyes: But I was good, instead of going s0d it and going off plan I cooked healthy comfort food :)

Food diary for Tuesday (EE Day 40) Day 11 Squat challenge completed = 110 squats

B: Mango, melon & pineapple slices, danio passionfruit yogurt (1.5 syns).

L: Leftover cod & aloo gobi with subway side salad & sweet onion sauce (2 syns).

D: Spaghetti Bolognese (1 syn) with parmesan cheese (2 syns). Yoomoo chocolate Devilmoo (8 syns).

S: Hifi bar (hexb), milky hot chocolate (hexa & 2 syns), mini crunchie (4 syns).

Food diary for Wednesday (EE Day 41) - rest day for exercise.

B: Costa medio skinny latte with sugarfree caramel syrup (hexa), hifi bar (hexb), banana.

L: Leftover spaghetti bolognese (oooh it tasted so much better today! 1 syn), danio strawberry yogurt (1 syn).

D: Borcht with dill 'cream' swirl, tesco bbq piri piri chicken (2 syns) with couscous salad (1.5 syns) and extra light mayo (1 syn).

S: Flake (8.5 syns).

Doing another 16hr fast/8hour eating today/tomorrow in prep for friday's WI. I've randomly been sent a doctor's letter asking me to make an apt for a fasting blood test (not told me why, tsch) - I'm getting good practise in :D

Day off work tomorrow but got a circuit class and 130 squats to do so it will still be a pretty active day. I've had another doctor's letter saying I've got a place on this Choose to Change weight loss scheme in August. They've sent me loads of questionnaires about diet and activity to complete. I think they're going to be annoyed that I've sorted all that out for myself. I wasn't going to wait around for them to tell me what to do to lose weight lol But there's psychologists and life coaches on the team so I thought I'd give it a try just for that aspect really - I can lose weight really easily when I'm in the 'zone' - it's keeping my motivation up and my anxiety/depression under control that makes me stumble so help with those things is more than welcome :)

I need to go for a bath now as I've got purple/pink hands from making my soup then I probably could do with an early night. Will catch up with you lovely people and your diaries properly tomorrow inbetween the a$$-breaking exercise sessions lol

Hope everyone's having a good week so far xxxx

D'oh! I forgot to post the precious food pics, that won't do at all will it :eek:

Spaghetti Bolognese.jpg Borscht with dill 'cream' swirl.jpg Piri piri chicken & couscous salad.jpg

Food diary for Thursday (EE Day 42)

B: Weetabix (hexb), hazelnut milk (2 syns), apple.

L: Steak & cheese salad bowl (hexa & 1 syn) and ranch dressing (2 syns).

D: Tesco bbq salmon grills, couscous & salad (1.5 syns), extra light mayo (1 syn).
Salmon grills.jpg

S: Rocky road (10 syns) & hot chocolate (2 syns).

Day 13 of squat challenge completed = 130 squats plus 1 hour circuit class today. Been a really good day activity wise and I'm excited for tomorrow's WI result :D

Having a child-free weekend starting from tomorrow afternoon and the plan is an evening out tomorrow with cinema'ing and a meal at wagamama or fridays so probably flexi-synning that. Will enjoy it and get back to 100% on saturday, also got to do 135 squats when I get in from the evening out so that's incentive not to overeat lol

That programme sounds brilliant, great to have access to the life coaches etc to help you along the way xxx

It does sound good, Take all the help you can get!

Plans for the weekend sounds lovely, that's usually what we do when we have child free time - cinema and/or meal out always good. Won't have that for a while though as daughter goes to stay with Granny now and then no bother but wouldn't expect them to take the little one too.

It was the Choose to Change weight loss people who asked for me to have a blood test - a slimming group ran by vampires!

I've lost 2.5lbs again this week, very pleased with that since it's nice and consistent. Down into the 25s plus 2lb away from my next shiny :D

Have started the flexisyn day off with a 24syn piece of Belgian chocolate tiffin from costa washed down with a skinny gingerbread latte :eek: Enjoyed it though and that's the whole point of flexi days I guess. Will do catching up with diaries later as busy childminding now and m'mother's decided today is a good day to paint the living room :rolleyes:

congrats on the loss and being in the next stone segment woohoo :)

Make sure your Mother doesn't paint the children......whole new meaning of face paints lol

izzyhew said:
congrats on the loss and being in the next stone segment woohoo :)

Make sure your Mother doesn't paint the children......whole new meaning of face paints lol

I had to police the barrier between the living room and playroom, the kids kept tring to breach the defences lol

Have escaped now, the childfree weekend starts here. First stop Noodle Town, then movie then an evening of squats, Rockband and who knows what else ;) :D

rockband as in the game? what console do you use?

We have xboxes, I like rockband but haven't played in a while, my bump got in the way when I was preggers and I haven't got back into it yet!

Hope you have a lovely weekend :)

We're tech geeks so we have nearly every kind of console lol got rockband/singstar on ps3 and they're great fun, plus I'm sure calories get burned with all the standing up to sing and do rock poses :) xbox 360 we use for story games. Not going to buy the xbone though, waste of money and no second-hand games or backwards compatability... I've put my nerd hat on now lol

Ooooh look what I've got sitting in front of me right now... It certainly ain't free food, bad Lo :D

image-3241549950.jpg

I haven't paid much attention as I don't play much, hubby was a big gamer for a while but he's got tired of it not many games have grabbed his attention lately. Lots of people speaking about the limitations placed on the xbone though and I think it's going to do the brand a lot of damage.

enjoy your yummy treat!

Oh I went a bit mental offplan on Friday :eek: With the two lots of coffeeshop visits, yasai katsu curry and ebi katsu at wagamama then at home spent about four hours on singstar drinking beer and eating cake and revels... had a great time but can't help thinking it'll be a miracle if I pull off those 2lbs this week to get my next shiny :rolleyes: Ah well, if it doesn't happen this week it will do next week I'm sure :D

So food diary for friday = too hot for minimins lol
Naughty wagamama katsu.jpg

Food diary for Saturday (Day 44 EE)

B: Weetabix (hexb), hazelnut milk (2 syns), banana.

L: Steak burgers, sw chips, salad & honey mustard dressing (1 syn).

D: Borscht soup. Teriyaki salmon fillet, brown rice and (slightly burnt) roasted veggies.
Angelic Salmon Teriyaki.jpg

S: Hazelnut latte (hexa), chocolate brownie & marshmallow kebab (15 syns).

Burgers and brownie kebab bought from a farmer's market yesterday. Burgers were homemade with 100% steak mince and were really lean and cooked on my baby george so I've counted these are free. Very very tasty too! As was the brownie kebab... mmmm rich chocolatey goodness :drool: I bought 4 brownies for a fiver, put the other three in the freezer so (hopefully) they'll last a bit yet :D

Not much going on today, just being quiet with some cooking and house-tidying before m'son is returned home.

You have such a lovely attitude LoChan, so positive, 'if it doesn't happen this week, then it will next week', no pressure on yourself, I love that! :) And you keep your food so interesting, I wonder if that's partly how you're doing so well, by keeping it varied and tasty, I really think I can learn from you. xxxx

it would be very sad if we weren't allowed to just enjoy once in a while, the secret is just balance. However we all seem a bit unbalanced in here lol ;) I consider myself terminally wonky

Back