LoChan's diary - hello!

hey Lo, u been quiet again, hope you ok and just been busy running after kidlets xxx

Heys, been feeling rough the past couple of days. First * week in a year 'cause of implanon and the hormone surge is making me nauseous and sore :( Had a binge on sunday despite the sick feeling so that was silly...

Back on track since yesterday but still feeling wobbly. Will come do proper catching up this evening though with a restorative mug of bournville hot choc :)

Hmn got turkey for tea, not sure what to do with it yet... Task for the afternoon heh.

My hormones are haywire at the moment and bring on sudden needs for certain foods when least expected so don't worry about it lovely just go with it. If you fancy something have a little. banning or trying to avoid a food we are craving can be counterproductive. its what used to lead to all my binges. I'd stop myself and get something else, but still crave ie choccie, then i'd want something else as nothing quite hit the spot and before I knew it i'd eaten tonnes :(

:bighug:

I bought some turkey steaks with the plan to make parmasen chicken (with turkey) it looked yummy :D xxxxxx

Sorry you've been feeling under the weather hun, hope you feel better soon and don't worry about the binge sure you will be back on track by the time you read this! xxxx

You have such a lovely attitude LoChan, so positive, 'if it doesn't happen this week, then it will next week', no pressure on yourself, I love that! :) And you keep your food so interesting, I wonder if that's partly how you're doing so well, by keeping it varied and tasty, I really think I can learn from you. xxxx

I can go a bit split personality sometimes though - the moody binger Lo has a lot to learn from positive adventurous cook Lo :D

Hey Lo, wow food looks yummy. I really must read through again and write some of these ideas down as inspiration :D I love new recipes and ideas. I did a week last week of different foods including healthy breakfast muffins and loved it :) xxxxxxxxx

Oooh muffins! I'm keeping my eye out for any low-syn sweet muffin recipes - would yours work on SW? x

it would be very sad if we weren't allowed to just enjoy once in a while, the secret is just balance. However we all seem a bit unbalanced in here lol ;) I consider myself terminally wonky

I'm definitely in the Wonky Club too, we're a colourful bunch ain't we :giggle:

I agree too there is no rush and life still has to go on, everyone needs a little feel good day now and then i say :D

Couldn't agree more though taking the positive albeit scenic route with weight loss is sometimes still difficult for me to accept - it takes practice. Luckily the practise is usually very enjoyable :D

My hormones are haywire at the moment and bring on sudden needs for certain foods when least expected so don't worry about it lovely just go with it. If you fancy something have a little. banning or trying to avoid a food we are craving can be counterproductive. its what used to lead to all my binges. I'd stop myself and get something else, but still crave ie choccie, then i'd want something else as nothing quite hit the spot and before I knew it i'd eaten tonnes :(

:bighug:

I bought some turkey steaks with the plan to make parmasen chicken (with turkey) it looked yummy :D xxxxxx

I think that's what happened on Sunday - I'd left myself no wiggle room with syns but my head was shouting I NEED chocolate and rather than just having a little bit and going over syns slightly I went into shark/feeding frenzy mode, silly moo

I really enjoyed the chicken parmesan when I made it, I made loads of marinara sauce so there was leftover to have with quorn meatballs which was just like the ones at subway but synfreeeeee :D

Sorry you've been feeling under the weather hun, hope you feel better soon and don't worry about the binge sure you will be back on track by the time you read this! xxxx

Thanks hun, you were right I'm pretty much back on things 100% today and have kept up the exercise/squat challenge throughout so I'm still in with a chance of a loss for this friday, fingers crossed x

Sunday's Lunch

Steak burgers.jpg

Food diary for Monday (Day 45 RED) - Day 17 squat challenge completed = 150 squats

B: Hot chocolate (1/2 hexa & 2 syns), strawberries and yogurt, bacon sandwich with ketchup (hexb & 1 syn)

L: Steak and cheese salad bowl with ranch dressing (hexa & 3 syns).

D: Jerk pepperpot stew, butternut squash fries & broccoli/cauliflower. Hifi bar (hexb).
Jerk Pepperpot stew.jpg
S: Hot chocolate (1/2 hexa & 3 syns), 3 squares strawberry dairy milk & mini crunchie (8 syns).

Food diary for Tuesday (Day 46 EE) - Day 18 squat challenge completed = 155 squats

B: Costa skinny gingerbread latte (hexa & 2.5 syns), banana, cherry danio yogurt (1.5 syns).

L: Tuna mayo (1 syn), jacket potato & salad with honey mustard dressing (1.5 syns).

D: Turkey & mushroom stroganoff with vegetable rice. Timeout (8.5 syns).
Turkey mushroom stroganoff.jpg

S: 2 Alpen light bars (hexb), Solero (4.5 syns)

Great that you have kept up with your fitness :) and you've just had a little break from perfect eating that's all, and regardless of what happens at weigh in you're back on track now and that's what matters :)

It's been really hard but I want to see the squat challenge through to the end - my legs have been starting to give way now the daily count is way over 100 :rolleyes: Trying to break it down into smaller sets and do stretches inbetween and it seemed to make it a little easier today. I'm thinking next challenge will be the sit-up/crunches one for next month - I've got it into my head that it will be a lot easier but I'm far from a Core of Steel so we'll see lol

Still a long way off from trying couch to 5k but I'll get light enough to give it a bash one of these days :)

I might try a crunch one as well, although I'd just ask my other half to make something up for me as he knows plenty.

The thing is couch to 5k is only 30-40 mins 3 times per week, but when you take into account getting organised and showering after it's probably 3-4 hours per week. Add in walks that I do and I'm not sure how much time I can commit to something else. I'm aware that might sound like an excuse but I don't want to start something and then just fail at it, I want to set myself up for success!

Doesn't sound like an excuse to me, perfectly reasonable not to spread your exercise commitments out too thinly, especially with your little man keeping you on your toes and back to workness coming up for you soon :)

I find the jogging hard in the evenings, so I'm not sure how much I will manage once I am back at work too, perhaps I can do a saturday or sunday morning though and once or twice in the week in the evening.

Who knows, Anyway best to just get through the imminent days and not worry too much about weeks and months ahead :)

Glad you've got the food pics back up and running, it's my daily slabbering moment!!

Well done for getting back on track and I couldn't do 155 squats if I was paid so serious kudos to you on that one! I often think about the kettle bell thing, but I know mr lanark wouldn't allow it as we don't live close enough to the hospital :character00264:

I sometimes just think about the kettle.

Can walking to the kitchen to use the kettle, and lifting my biggest mug be counted as bodymagic do you think?

Hope you have a good day Lo x

Hi Lo :wavey: I think its the sort of thing you make once and tweek to taste. I liked them. I found a load of recipes by searching 'clean eating' on *********. Some lovely ones. Made parmasan chicken last night and my lot all ate it and loved it :D

I used

3 mashed banannas
1 cup blueberries
1 cup greek yoghurt
2 eggs
2 tsp baking powder
3 cups oats or quick oats (ie plain oatso simple)
I added 1 tbsp honey to sweeten ( you can add a little sweetner but I hate sweetners)

This made approx 14 muffins.

I froze some as had a couple for brekkie.

They are very moist and I enjoyed them. You can vary fruit and tweek more I would imagine.

I also think these look yummy not made them yet but will be

Banana Breakfast Cookies recipe | Chefthisup
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Lo :wavey: I think its the sort of thing you make once and tweek to taste. I liked them. I found a load of recipes by searching 'clean eating' on *********. Some lovely ones. Made parmasan chicken last night and my lot all ate it and loved it :D

I used

3 mashed banannas
1 cup blueberries
1 cup greek yoghurt
2 eggs
2 tsp baking powder
3 cups oats or quick oats (ie plain oatso simple)
I added 1 tbsp honey to sweeten ( you can add a little sweetner but I hate sweetners)

This made approx 14 muffins.

I froze some as had a couple for brekkie.

They are very moist and I enjoyed them. You can vary fruit and tweek more I would imagine.

I also think these look yummy not made them yet but will be

Banana Breakfast Cookies recipe | Chefthisup
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

That could work for SW, I need to get oats but I might try and do this up and see what it syns out at over the weekend as it sounds lovely

That could work for SW, I need to get oats but I might try and do this up and see what it syns out at over the weekend as it sounds lovely

they are lovely. Just something abit different I get sick of same old food hence ended up on ********* looking at recipes. Its a fab place to find recipes that can be tweeked. :)

I also came across smoothies on ********* and now love them. One way to eat lots of fruit and enjoy it :D xxxxxxxx I think the muffins could be HEXB tweek :D x

Back