LoChan's diary - hello!

ahh its been raining where I am for 2 days now :( x

Aww, at least it's making the green things grow :)

Are you back at your sw group tonight? Hope you've had a good week xx

Aww, at least it's making the green things grow :)

Are you back at your sw group tonight? Hope you've had a good week xx

yea I join up tonight. dreading the wi but excited to get started x

yea I join up tonight. dreading the wi but excited to get started x

Hope they're a nice friendly group :) The only one near me is on a monday so no much point in me joining up until after the next bank holiday weekend, can't wait to get hold of the new books and the free online tools.

Good luck x

Hope you don't mind me popping in?

Dinner looks lush!

I don't mind at all :)

It's been fun getting back into taking pics of my meals and making them look presentable. I might become a freelance Food Fluffer if the childminding dries up, bet it's good money when you turn professional :D

Hey Lo, I am with you there, definitely enforce the Hotel California Rule, I'll second you lol
Jane did come back on briefly a few weeks back but I got so busy I didn't have time and was too shattered to come on here regularly.
Thankfully Kelly seems to be slowly taking a turn for the better and I hopefully will be spending less time there in the near future.
I am ravenous nearly every day and eat like a horse, one of the lovely side effects of the steroids, but thankfully with SW I can indulge that and still lose weight, all be it slowly it's mostly in the right direction, so the odd indulgence won't harm and as for late night eating I am living proof that it doesn't matter what time of day or night you eat you will still lose weight if you follow the plan.
oooooh wi, exciting, can't wait to see how you've done, I bet you've done brill, when you are on plan you're a force to reckon with, if you were at class you'd be winning fruit (SOTW) almost every week going by your past triumphs SO :fingerscrossed: you can do it.
Gotta Love argos lol, I got friendly with my argos delivery guy when I was using them a lot and even though I don't often have a delivery anymore, on the odd occasion I do I can almost guarantee that he will deliver it at 2pm almost to the second, god knows how I'd cope if I had to wait about all day, I am way too impatient lol
Have a great day hun and catch you laters xxx:hug99:xxx

My new rule should apply to all the lovely people really... I think Tilly, Mandy and Jackie have pinched my rock and are hiding under it together somewhere :rolleyes:

Hmn, should be able to get my money back in fruit on the weekly fee for going to group then, though I think I'd get embarrassed if I won it all the time. People would e giving me dirty looks and start bringing in wrinkly hard oranges and manky bananas all the time lol The certificates would be nice to stick up in the kitchen fo visual encouragement. Soon, soon...

Wish I had nice couriers like that, they're all surly boogers in Manchester :rolleyes:

Who needs certificates? You have the accolade of your Minimins friends :) Thinking ..... all the years I've done SW on and off and NO group leader (their collective noun escapeds me atm) has ever given me a bloomin' certificate. Still there are worse things to worry about .... some of them SW related :)

I too am eager to see how your results for your first wi.

Who needs certificates? You have the accolade of your Minimins friends :) Thinking ..... all the years I've done SW on and off and NO group leader (their collective noun escapeds me atm) has ever given me a bloomin' certificate. Still there are worse things to worry about .... some of them SW related :)

I too am eager to see how your results for your first wi.

I suppose you're right about the certificates lol But if I can get the free 12 weeks off my GP I might aswell go and treat it as a free mental health activity, gets me out of the house and dealing with people - which I still need to work on :rolleyes:

WI result = 6lbs off this week. Can't argue with that can you lol :D

Enjoying a quiet day off today and I've got a montly beauty box from amarya to go pick up from the post office so looking forward to trying out new stuff with a pamper session tonight, yay.

Food diary for Wednesday (Day 6 GREEN + my hungry head on)

B: Fahita omelette with quorn pieces, peppers and red onions
Fahita omelette.jpg

L: High-veg garlic mushroom pasta ‘n’ sauce, extra veg & quorn peppered steak

D: Salt and pepper tofu (2 syns), green tea noodle stir fry
Salt and pepper tfu & green tea noodle stirfry.jpg

S: Cheese spread (hexa) and ryvita crackerbread (hexb), hifi bar (hexb), alpen light bar (3 syns), latte (hexa), sesame snaps x 2 packets (16 syns), banana, mullerlight, potato wedges.

Food diary for Thursday (Day 7 RED)

B: Weetabix (hexb), milk (hexa) and chopped banana

L: Subway chicken salad bowl with small amount of cheese (3 syns) and honey mustard dressing (1.5 syns)

D: Chicken breast with Nando’s BBQ rub (2 syns), peri peri butternut squash wedges, harrisa griddled aubergine (1 syn) and broccoli
BBQ chicken dinner.jpg

S: Mullerlight, grapes, latte (hexa), hifi bar (hexb), strawberries & yogurt, halva (6.5 syns)

mmmm that's looks lush. iv been thru your diary and got tons of ideas thanks :)))) x

mmmm that's looks lush. iv been thru your diary and got tons of ideas thanks :)))) x

Happy to be helpful :)

I think I might have the bbq chicken tea again tonight, it tasted as good as it looks lol

How did you get on at group last night? x

yea good joined up just figuring out foods etc x

Knew you were amazing, 6lbs is stupendous, wtg hun. Will pop in and have a proper read tomorrow.... Off to Kellys for cards night. Enjoy your pampering xxx:hug99:xxx

That's really good Lo, and I see it's bought you into the next stone down already. That got you a Mexican Wave at my last group, most embarassing. I see what you mean about the benefts of going to a group, particularly if it's free. Enjoy your smellies :)

Happy Saturday hun, hope you didn't relax too much yesterday and forget to come back :giggle: have a fab day hun xx

Knew you were amazing, 6lbs is stupendous, wtg hun. Will pop in and have a proper read tomorrow.... Off to Kellys for cards night. Enjoy your pampering xxx:hug99:xxx

Thanks Lily, I managed to go most of the week without any scale hopping so it was a nice surprise to do so well. I just need to keep up the no peeking now until I get to a group - though I might have a bit of a sulk going from a morning nuuudie weigh-in to a fully clothed evening one if I start going to a group lol

That's really good Lo, and I see it's bought you into the next stone down already. That got you a Mexican Wave at my last group, most embarassing. I see what you mean about the benefts of going to a group, particularly if it's free. Enjoy your smellies :)

Oh god I hope they don't do those at the group I'll be going to... I'd be really embarrased joining in with one let alone having one aimed at me lol

I needed reminding that going down a stone bracket is always a positive thing. I had it in my head that I won't be properly 'happy' until I get into the 23's as I haven't been there for about 18 months but that's not a good attitude to lumber myself with. So thank you for pointing that out to me :D

Happy Saturday hun, hope you didn't relax too much yesterday and forget to come back :giggle: have a fab day hun xx

I didn't forget or do a runner don't worry :p Had a good soak and spent the evening having a secret eaters marathon, been sky +'ing them but not watching for about 5 shows.

Been spending ages constructing a spicy fish pie today and I've got three bookcases to build - trying to sort things out in my living room so I can finally buy and fit in a small table and chairs to eat at properly. Not had table and chairs for over 7 years since I left my ex/h, never had room/money for them and it's only me in our house who eats proper food but I decided it'll help with practising 'mindful eating' if I can sit at a table away from distractions.

I'm going to have a go at using the 20 syns a day this week to see how I get on with them, it's nice to add a couple to meals sometimes and still have a few left for some sort of 'treat' in the evening :)

Food diary for Friday (Day 8 RED)

B: 2 Weetabix (hexb), milk (hexa), chopped banana

L: Bacon, scrambled eggs, mushrooms, tinned tomatoes with a splash of balsamic vinegar, 5 oat scanbrans (hexb)
Bacon & scan brans.jpg

D: Nando BBQ chicken (1 syn - made with tinned tomatoes so the BBQ rub went further), bns wedges, roasted asparagus, harissa aubergine (1 syn). Chocolate mint & lime mousse (3 syns)
Chocolate mint & lime mousse.jpg

S: Mcdonald's cappucino (4.5 syns), Magnum chocs x 4 (10 syns), latte made with BD almond milk (hexa) & banana.

That blue diamond almond milk is really nice but I went internetting it and it got me all worried about bleddy 'Carrageenan' now,... I might try the alpro one instead next time but I bet there's bad news about locust bean gum/gellan gum as well (the alpro one uses those instead of the carrageenan as a stabilizer/thickener)... There's probably bad news about any food if you look hard enough on the internet I guess :rolleyes:

You focused woman you :) No comment about the thickener, right now I prefer to remain ignorant and am not tempted to google. I will do next week though. Aubergine harissa? Let me guess, roasted aubergine mixed with a bit of harissa?

Got me looking at carrageenans now and personally from what I've read I'd be happy to continue using them. On 2nd May this year concerns were raised but nothing was founded and they have been used since 600BC (initially in China) and are a substitute for gelatin. Until they have some hard facts I am happy to carry on using my milk and not worry about them anymore than all those that have used them for the last 2600+ years before me lol good idea trying out the 20 syns a day, I only ever really use that amount when I'm really hungry, having a bad time with my steroids or have overdone it lol. Have a great evening hun, food looks and sounds fabulous xxx

PS didn't like the Alpro milk so much personally xx

Back