long haul s&s bods??

You'll be skinnier.... lol.. thats what I always say..... Bet people are calling you skinny by then!!! BETCHA!!

I get people calling me skinny now.... I'm like WHAT??? Lol....

You will feel amazing!!! X

Yeah, I think people see you as you were before and then assess you as skinny due to the comparison. People have told me I've lost enough now but I'm still BMI overweight and won't be healthy for another 11lbs. Skinny I am not, especially if you see me in the buff! :)

Deezer said:
You'll be skinnier.... lol.. thats what I always say..... Bet people are calling you skinny by then!!! BETCHA!!

I get people calling me skinny now.... I'm like WHAT??? Lol....

You will feel amazing!!! X

I suppose it's down to perception and relative to what you were like before. My sister looks too skinny, but shes only a 12/14 and weighs about 12 stone, so I don't think I'd wanna be that low-altho I can't remember a time I've weighed less than 15:10! So aiming to get below that first, and my initial target is just over another 2 stone less than that!!! Oooh! It's exciting xx

I guess I'll be in it for the long haul- I have 6 stone to get to my ultimate target which is 9.5 stone. Although I've never actually been that weight during my adult life, so I guess I will have to see what I look and feel like as I go on. I might get to 12 stone and think 'this is skinny enough for me'.

I anticipate being here until at least the end of November, and then need to start re-feeding. :)

Xx

In keeping focussed....
I guess realizing that there will be the bad times, when the scales aren't moving, or you really want to eat something thats not a shake.... but thats its a temporary thing.

I have mini goals.... like right now my friends birthdays in 3 weeks... and since I will be catching up with people I haven't seen in months, I want them all o_O. :D For me having something to constantly aim for helps..... I think if i started with thinking about the bigger picture i'd have only lasted a week or two.

Also appreciating every stage and every milestone. Ideally i'd like to lose another 39lbs to get right in the middle of my normal BMI.... and sometimes that feels soooo far away. But then when I started the weight I am not seemed so far away and semi unmanageable. yanno?

Umm... then theres something I always tell myself. Foods just a fuel... it doesn't make you happier.... it doesn't make your life better.... it goes in, you digest it and life goes on. Noone can remember what they had for dinner this time a year ago, and i don't think back on all the times i've been 'deprived' over the last few months either.

Noone can remember what they had for dinner this time a year ago, and i don't think back on all the times i've been 'deprived' over the last few months either.

Yes, that's certainly true! I'm certainly not feeling deprived. On the contrary I feel more in control so more content with my lot.

hello i have just swapped over from cambridge diet to slim and save and just wanted to no has anyone tried the macaroni cheese or mushroom pasta and what are your thoughts on them i love the spagetti x

sarahjt said:
hello i have just swapped over from cambridge diet to slim and save and just wanted to no has anyone tried the macaroni cheese or mushroom pasta and what are your thoughts on them i love the spagetti x

There is a brilliant sticky thread at the top that tells you all about the packs. But bear in mind that people like different things, so it's best to try them for yourself :) x

could you send me the link to it please as i still dont have the hang of this page yet also welsh tiger can you inbox me the link to your diary aswell x

So long haulers.......

When your feeling blue.... (As I am)

What keeps you going??? What keeps you focussed on the diet!???

X

Good question, Dee. I could not think about the long haul..... it seemed such an unimaginable task to loose 100-130lbs when I started. I knew Alizonne had worked for others but didn't think I would really succeed like them.

I did write a really long list (c75 items) of things that I wanted at goal - and used them as motivation. I still do. I realise that as the weight shifts, the horror of not being able to do up the seat belt in a plane etc are already fading.

So it is important to keep myself motivated on moving towards the things I want - like being able to ride again. I also motivate myself away from what I was. I looked at some before pix this week - I never want to be there again - I now see myself as huge. I didn't feel huge when I was at my fattest.

My best motivation was (and still is when I am blue) to take it one step at a time - literally one day, and sometimes one sachet at a time. I didn't really believe I could do it so I acted as if I did believe. I behaved each day as if I believed. Now I do believe.......it has become true.

I still sometimes get blue and/or think this will take forever - so still go back to doing this one step at a time. I suspect this will be true at goal too. Thank you, Dee, for making me think about this.

sarahjt said:
could you send me the link to it please as i still dont have the hang of this page yet also welsh tiger can you inbox me the link to your diary aswell x

My diary is in the diaries section at the top-I'm on my phone so can't send the link! Do you use the phone app or a pc?

pc x

sarahjt said:

Mushroom pasta is beautiful, the macaroni is too salty for me

I've got 6 and a half stone to lose and so will be around for a while. I'm hoping to do it for Christmas but if not then I'll just keep going as long as I need. I'm taking breaks for birthdays. Mine in july, hubby in sep and mum in oct but I intend getting straight back on as I want to be a gorgeous christmas babe ...., well I can dream lol.

I have around 5.5 stone to lose so will prob be around for a while too. Have a couple of hols booked and my 40th birthday between now and Christmas but hope to be well on my way by then - I WILL be able to buy that gorgeous dress for Christmas parties this year xx

BordersGirl said:

Thanks for doing that-I don't have a pc! Only my iPhone, and use my dads pc sometimes! I did attempt to explain with a picture tho!

Lots more long,haul guys Yipee :) I'm gonna change my goal. 4st 1lb to go. Gonna up the exercise this week!

Back