Long Time CD SS+ers - How much have you lost?

coley144

Creating my life
Hi Everyone

I'm due to have my 20th weigh in on CD SS+ and so far I've lost 53 pounds (3 st 11). My CDC says I am losing slower than normal.

I have had problems before losing weight and have had my thyroid tested (it was fine).

Can anyone who have been on SS+ for a long time give me an idea of how much they have lost. I'm due to see my consultant wed night and would like to know if I am worrying unnecessarily.

firstly whoa well done so far! I am only on week 4 (starting week 5 tomorrow:D) my cdc said on ss+ I should lose around 14lb a month, and 3-4lb a week so going by your stats you would be under this! BUT TBH I wouldn't worry to much its going and you must feel so good for losing 53 lb:bestwishes:

Congrats on the fab losses! :)
I have worked it out and it's 2.65lb a week on average over 20 weeks.. that to me doesn't sound bad at all. It may be slower than some but it's gotta be better than some other diets where it's a lot slower than that.

As long as you are happy with what you're eating and coping with it then that's all that matters. :) you are after all the one paying out for the diet and doing the diet.

As my hubby says, if you lose a lb a week that's 52 lbs a year ;) He has a point though it's blooming hard to stay on a diet lets face it.

Well done you! ((Hugs))

Hey hun well done! your doing amazingly. I havent been on VLCD for a long time but in my opinion your losses are great! Youve lost easily double what you would lose on any other diet so even if it is a little slower than others dont worry as you are doing what your supposed to do and will get there eventually! Its not a race against others so theres no need to compare :) xx

I'm SS+ (4 shakes and milk option), I completed my 20th week on Saturday and have lost 49lbs. I did the diet on and off for 3 weeks over Christmas and New Year so I guess I've only really been doing it properly for 17 weeks, this has given me an average loss per week of 2.88lbs which is only slightly higher than yours. Initially I was slightly dissapointed that my losses weren't higher but now I look at the bigger picture. I'VE LOST 49lbs!!!!!! Are you worrying unnecessarily? Yes you are! We're all different and lose at different rates, you've done fantastically well, stop comparing yourself to other people.
I'm a bit miffed that your CDC has said you're losing slower than normal, he/she is supposed to be encouraging you and what may I ask does he/she think is normal?!?!?!?!
Don't worry about your losses, you've done extremely well and should be patting yourself on the back. xx

Thanks for your replies. I'm not unhappy that I have lost 53 pounds - don't get me wrong. It's just frustrating at the moment when I'm plateauing this month. I also have a deadline to lose weight by.

I think one of the reasons my CDC said I was losing slowly is because I still have a lot to lose - the expectation is that if you are bigger you will lose quicker.

Hi there, I am only on week 11 so quite a bit to go to catch up with you :D but I would say you have done fantastic, it isn't just about how quickly you lose the weight it's about the big picture (which many people have reminded me on here) and you have lost 53lbs :D:D:D it is also about the fact you have stuck to the plan for 20 weeks, which in itself is a huge achievement.

Yes some people lose much faster than others but our bodies are all different, this is proved on CD as with SS and SS+ we are mostly doing the same thing but the losses vary massively, our bodies will do as they please I guess ;)

Keep at what you are doing and the weight will keep coming off, well done xx

Back