Look at the lovely view.....................

slendablenda

Gold Member
Yesterday I had one of those, Thank heavens for LL moments.
I was wearing my heels and mini dress and coat,trotting into town for my lunch-time exercise (around the charity shops!)
It means going over a railway footbridge with quite a few steps up and down.
In front of me were 2 ladies, one of them was quite large.
She was obviously struggling half way up, red in the face, sweaty, puffing. She stopped and was holding onto the handrail and said to her friend - look at the view, isn't it lovely? (the railway lol).
I overtook and in that instant I knew exactly how she felt.
Needed to find an excuse to stop, worried that she could hear her heart pounding so loud that others must hear it, not being able to breathe, knees probably hurting, hoping nobody talks to you because you can't walk and talk at the same time.

I knew because that used to be me.
Thank you for my new life. 2 years this month since I reached my goal weight and I still can't believe my luck.

Didn't you felt like rushing up to her and telling her about LL?

I know I do when I see somebody struggling

Perhaps we should carry little LL leaflets about which we could sneak in large folks bags or labels we could stick on their coats - a bit like when Derren Brown puts subliminal ideas into peoples minds, lol!

Daisy x

Oh I did Daisy. I would love to be evangelistic about LL. but i know it's not the right way for everyone or even the right time.
I think it only works when the person is really ready and has made the decision they want to succeed.
There are a few people who have asked me and I've told them and I think they might go for LL, but they just carry on as before.
I don't try and persuade anyone to do it, but I'd really love to.
A colleague at work is doing LL because she says my success has inspired her. She's doing so well. I'm really pleased for her.
How are you doing Daisy?

Awesome story SB, every day there's something that makes me glad for LL (even when I'm feeling 'big', like post Christmas)

Thank you :)

Hi Sean
Nice to see you. So many of us back taking stock after Christmas.

Back