Look what I made.

fillymum

synful soul
I spent a whole morning making soup.

I made...........golden vegetable, vegetable and chicken,roasted red peppers, tomato and onion, chili tomato with haricot beans .
goatsandsoup002.jpg

I also made 3 jars of golden plum and cinnamon chutney with a load of plums a friend gave me.

I love this time of the year when there is so much home grown stuff round.

This evening when it is cooler I will gather blackberries to make blackberry chutney. That is the ones that Leo the goat hasn't eaten........he loves them.

well done you 8)...
golden vegetable, vegetable and chicken,roasted red peppers, tomato and onion,
yum ,yum

That looks sooooo yummy!

How do you make your golden veg soup?

Yum! I'm on my way to yours! :D

That looks sooooo yummy!

How do you make your golden veg soup?

With any vegetables I have plus the vital ingredient, carrots to make it "golden"

I always roast the red peppers and onions and for this one the marrow as well and when I blend all the boiled veg , boiled with a stock cube for extra flavour I add the roasted veg.

I did have some of this one today and it was delish'.

Mmmm sound really nice to me... I shall make some here i think! :)

Wow, you are so industrious! :)

I use potatoes to thicken most of my soups as I do mainly green days.

For the vegetable and chicken I used cauliflower to thicken it. It is a great soup for red days.

For me a cupful of soup before my lunch or dinner keeps my eating in check.

They all sound delicious . . . especially the chutneys. Would they be made to a regular recipe or are they tweaked to fit in with SW plan? Chutneys and pickles are something I really miss so I'd appreciate a few recipes with fewer syns.

They all sound delicious . . . especially the chutneys. Would they be made to a regular recipe or are they tweaked to fit in with SW plan? Chutneys and pickles are something I really miss so I'd appreciate a few recipes with fewer syns.

All my chutneys are just throw it in a pan and cook type chutneys, adjusting the flavours as I go along

I don't tweak them as I do not like any sugar substitutes and always use a good quality brown sugar.

Mostly I do not use more than a tablespoonful at a time and syn it at 2 syns . This is a wild guess.

I remember seeing a chutney recipe in the recipe section last year.

Back