Looking for a bit of help

jc1976

Silver Member
Hi, I've been doing SW for about 3 months now following EE and finding it great. I've been looking through lots if your diaries and thinking that some of my days have been either green or red therefore missing out on extra HE, our C didn't go into any detail of these plans so I was just wondering if I could post my food and you could advise me.

So far today:

Breakfast
1 wholemeal roll HEB
2x dairylea HEA
Melon, strawberries

Lunch
Homemade soup-carrot, swede, onion and garlic with veg stock, and satsuma

Dinner

Petes peanut curry
Chicken- am I right in thinking this would be free on red, or a HEB on green???
The tomatoes, and veg are free
Peanut butter 2.5 syns
Boiled rice either free on green or synned on red

Hey hun,

Good day of food so well done!

Simple way to look at is green is vegetarian and you can have unlimited carbs and red is unlimited meat and fish and no (well sort of) carbs.

So today you could have as a green day if you either swapped the chicken for non meat or if you had the chicken as a HEB or syns. Similarly you could also tweak it to make it a red day.

You do get double HEs but don't forget on red that some things you take for granted on EE like rice etc would be synned. Depends what you prefer eating really - I stick to EE as I get a bit of everything!

Does that help? Prob haven't explained it very well so someone else might be able to expand on it x

Thanks for your input, I'd there anybody ekes there that could advise? Basically I'm wondering if I eat 2 hifi light bars and have a slice if bread synned with more homemade soup will it be ok as a green day (I'm nightshift) x

jc1976 said:
Thanks for your input, I'd there anybody ekes there that could advise? Basically I'm wondering if I eat 2 hifi light bars and have a slice if bread synned with more homemade soup will it be ok as a green day (I'm nightshift) x

It would be ok, but then you'd have to syn your chicken from tea aswell :) HTH

Welshtigger said:
It would be ok, but then you'd have to syn your chicken from tea aswell :) HTH

Would the chicken not be a HE on a green??

Welshtigger said:
It could be, but you already had a wm roll for breakfast, and you only get 2 heB on green,

Thanks for all your help, this is so confusing. Hopefully I get my head round it soon x

Sorry me again, it says in the book choose once or twice from HEA section and twice from HEB so I only had 1 HEA (x2 dairylea) and 3 HEB (wholemeal roll, chicken, x 2 hifi light bars) ill just syn my bars= 6 syns. I didn't have bread with my soup as it was too filing so I done my first GREEN DAY. Please tell me in right lol, and thanks for your help and patience it really is appreciated x

If you are doing EE then it's best to stick with it - yes your days can "look" red or green, but you are following EE - it's to take the thinking out of it.
EE is really being pushed as the main plan as you really don't have to think or plan much at all, other than the third superfree foods.

Just a thought, but really best to stick with EE if it's what you know.

jaylou said:
If you are doing EE then it's best to stick with it - yes your days can "look" red or green, but you are following EE - it's to take the thinking out of it.
EE is really being pushed as the main plan as you really don't have to think or plan much at all, other than the third superfree foods.

Just a thought, but really best to stick with EE if it's what you know.

Thanks jaylou I probably my will stock with EE bit I did like the idea of extra HE but as you said trying to get your head round it ain't so easy lol x

Back