• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Looking for a blender..

So, as the title says, I am looking for a blender. Lately I have come accross lots of lovely sounding recipes for soups, houmous, etc, which all require blenders, so am seriously considering buying one for myself.

I am only 19, and do not want to be spending a great deal on this. I wondered if anyone knew of any 'cheap and cheerful' blenders out there?

Thanks in advance xx

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
I'm really desperate to try out some of the lovely recipes I've seen, so hoping someone can advise us both! :) xx

I've gpt one of these:

Its only tiny but the perfect size for one tin of chickpeas to make hummus etc. Sometimes I do burgers, soups etc in 2 batches so if you do that a lot you might want something bigger, but this was a bargain, I got in for a tenner in Sainsburys years ago and it's still going strong. You can still get them for less then 20 quid now. I considered getting a bigger one but tbh my kithcen is that small Ive nowhere to put it.

Kenwood food processor

if you will to spend a touch more, for loads more features then this is a good buy.
It is a food processor but also comes with a liquidiser jug, slicer plate, grater plate, whisk, juicer and standard double blade.
i've got one and i use it all the time. for making soups, burgers, whisking egg whites (for syn free roulade etc), pre grate all my cheese, slice veg etc.
its £28 + £6 postage on that website, or £40 in currys / comet. i asked for a gift card for christmas last year to get mine with =]

for soups I use my soup maker it cooks and blends for you. For hummous I think a handheld blender would be fine and if you get one that has a guard it would be fine for blending soup in the saucepan.

I have a food processor, blender and hand blender. I think the hand blender replaces the blender quite well so i would suggest getting one of those. You can make houmous with it too, but the food processor is slightly better for that. If i could only have 1 of them I'd go for the food processor but a good one of those comes with a blender and everythnig else but costs in excess of £100. Hand blenders can cost next to nothing!

Thank you all for your very helpful replies. Going to have a look around at the weekend and hopefully get one sorted xx

Sassia said:
I have a food processor, blender and hand blender. I think the hand blender replaces the blender quite well so i would suggest getting one of those. You can make houmous with it too, but the food processor is slightly better for that. If i could only have 1 of them I'd go for the food processor but a good one of those comes with a blender and everythnig else but costs in excess of £100. Hand blenders can cost next to nothing!
I have kenwood processor it's brilliant x