Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Looking for a blender..

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Princess_Stevie, 28 September 2011 Social URL.

1. Princess_Stevie

Princess_Stevie Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9.6lb(17.9%)
    Diet:
    5:2 / The Fast Diet
    So, as the title says, I am looking for a blender. Lately I have come accross lots of lovely sounding recipes for soups, houmous, etc, which all require blenders, so am seriously considering buying one for myself.

I am only 19, and do not want to be spending a great deal on this. I wondered if anyone knew of any 'cheap and cheerful' blenders out there?

Thanks in advance xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Stitchy

Stitchy Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st8lb(13.58%)
    Diet:
    SW (green days)
    Watching this with interest - I have a blender, which is great for soups but rubbish for things like humous. I think I need some sort of food processor...

4. Princess_Stevie

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9.6lb(17.9%)
    Diet:
    I'm really desperate to try out some of the lovely recipes I've seen, so hoping someone can advise us both! :) xx

5. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7.5lb
    Lost(%):
    10st5.5lb(37.65%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I've gpt one of these:

[​IMG]

Its only tiny but the perfect size for one tin of chickpeas to make hummus etc. Sometimes I do burgers, soups etc in 2 batches so if you do that a lot you might want something bigger, but this was a bargain, I got in for a tenner in Sainsburys years ago and it's still going strong. You can still get them for less then 20 quid now. I considered getting a bigger one but tbh my kithcen is that small Ive nowhere to put it.

6. dreamslim

dreamslim Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have a mini chopper and I also have a hand blender. You can pick them up for £4 from asda but a cheap and cheerful would be more along the £12 lines.

7. lucyhope

lucyhope Member

Argos value range hand blender is fine, I've had mine a couple of years and it cost less than a fiver.

8. Pearly0505

Pearly0505 Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st6.4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0.6lb(5.65%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    Kenwood food processor

if you will to spend a touch more, for loads more features then this is a good buy.
    It is a food processor but also comes with a liquidiser jug, slicer plate, grater plate, whisk, juicer and standard double blade.
    i've got one and i use it all the time. for making soups, burgers, whisking egg whites (for syn free roulade etc), pre grate all my cheese, slice veg etc.
    its £28 + £6 postage on that website, or £40 in currys / comet. i asked for a gift card for christmas last year to get mine with =]

9. lydia150970

lydia150970 Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    SW
    for soups I use my soup maker it cooks and blends for you. For hummous I think a handheld blender would be fine and if you get one that has a guard it would be fine for blending soup in the saucepan.

10. Sassia

Sassia Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I have a food processor, blender and hand blender. I think the hand blender replaces the blender quite well so i would suggest getting one of those. You can make houmous with it too, but the food processor is slightly better for that. If i could only have 1 of them I'd go for the food processor but a good one of those comes with a blender and everythnig else but costs in excess of £100. Hand blenders can cost next to nothing!

11. Maximus

Maximus Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    6st11lb(38.78%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - The one that works!
    Pay a bit extra and get a good Kenwood. It will do more, last years and pay for itself over and over;)

12. bexyboo

bexyboo Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    3st12.5lb(25.23%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    For soups, I use the argos value blender, think it cost about £10 and it works brilliantly. Not tried making homous though. x

13. Princess_Stevie

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9.6lb(17.9%)
    Diet:
    Thank you all for your very helpful replies. Going to have a look around at the weekend and hopefully get one sorted xx

14. Bunnylush

Bunnylush Gold Member

Start Weight:
    1st2.9lb
    Current Weight:
    0st10.9lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st10.9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(35.5%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I have kenwood processor it's brilliant x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.