Looking for a blender..

Princess_Stevie

Gold Member
So, as the title says, I am looking for a blender. Lately I have come accross lots of lovely sounding recipes for soups, houmous, etc, which all require blenders, so am seriously considering buying one for myself.

I am only 19, and do not want to be spending a great deal on this. I wondered if anyone knew of any 'cheap and cheerful' blenders out there?

Thanks in advance xx

Watching this with interest - I have a blender, which is great for soups but rubbish for things like humous. I think I need some sort of food processor...

I'm really desperate to try out some of the lovely recipes I've seen, so hoping someone can advise us both! :) xx

I've gpt one of these:

tssgft-xPrf3xhzCsp_ozhgdIDif19BoJflfOZU4odycmdSk2xvAfaZbQVNZDykDDv3GPoqREVACUe8BPuYmg1BA10aOralNJZuPTb_-rXSxiE-N5LTy3X4TkZR8W0DePDm-anA4ouN2UI6LqUhLph0

Its only tiny but the perfect size for one tin of chickpeas to make hummus etc. Sometimes I do burgers, soups etc in 2 batches so if you do that a lot you might want something bigger, but this was a bargain, I got in for a tenner in Sainsburys years ago and it's still going strong. You can still get them for less then 20 quid now. I considered getting a bigger one but tbh my kithcen is that small Ive nowhere to put it.

I have a mini chopper and I also have a hand blender. You can pick them up for £4 from asda but a cheap and cheerful would be more along the £12 lines.

Kenwood food processor

if you will to spend a touch more, for loads more features then this is a good buy.
It is a food processor but also comes with a liquidiser jug, slicer plate, grater plate, whisk, juicer and standard double blade.
i've got one and i use it all the time. for making soups, burgers, whisking egg whites (for syn free roulade etc), pre grate all my cheese, slice veg etc.
its £28 + £6 postage on that website, or £40 in currys / comet. i asked for a gift card for christmas last year to get mine with =]

for soups I use my soup maker it cooks and blends for you. For hummous I think a handheld blender would be fine and if you get one that has a guard it would be fine for blending soup in the saucepan.

I have a food processor, blender and hand blender. I think the hand blender replaces the blender quite well so i would suggest getting one of those. You can make houmous with it too, but the food processor is slightly better for that. If i could only have 1 of them I'd go for the food processor but a good one of those comes with a blender and everythnig else but costs in excess of £100. Hand blenders can cost next to nothing!

Thank you all for your very helpful replies. Going to have a look around at the weekend and hopefully get one sorted xx

Sassia said:
I have a food processor, blender and hand blender. I think the hand blender replaces the blender quite well so i would suggest getting one of those. You can make houmous with it too, but the food processor is slightly better for that. If i could only have 1 of them I'd go for the food processor but a good one of those comes with a blender and everythnig else but costs in excess of £100. Hand blenders can cost next to nothing!

I have kenwood processor it's brilliant x

Back