Looking for a buddy - I have 100+ to lose

I've not tried the mix a mousse yet. Not sure if I'd like it. Do you do it with the shakes and soup. Sounds strange! I got the wrong thread. Sorry -but don't know how to delete.

MaryMZ said:
I've not tried the mix a mousse yet. Not sure if I'd like it. Do you do it with the shakes and soup. Sounds strange! I got the wrong thread. Sorry -but don't know how to delete.

Hi Mary,

You use the MAM with the shakes, it makes them like Angel Delight, yum! x

You'll get used to it, I mainly use my phone which is like a whole new site compared to being on my lap top lol

How are you finding Cambridge? x

Hey everyone ... does anyone in here use Slendertone?? I was flicking through a magazine when i saw an advertisement for it and just wanted to know if anyone had, had any experience with it and it it really works?? xx

Hi ladies,

I hope you don't mind me just jumping in but you sound like such a nice, supportive bunch and I think that's what I've been lacking since starting cambridge.

I've only been on the plan a week. I found the first few days incredibly easy - the shakes tasted nice, they were convenient and I didn't have to think about food! But then today, only a few hours before my first weigh-in, I caved massively (including carbs!). Very annoyed with myself, skipped weigh-in, almost convinced myself to give up. But after eating all that junk, all I want to do is get back on plan. I'm even more determined than I was when I started so tomorrow I am going to see my CDC, have my first weigh-in (it will probably be one of the lowest first week losses considering tonight's fiasco) and then continue at 100%.

I know I can do this and I think what happened tonight has made me even stronger. The binge did not feel good and for a while tonight I felt so hopeless. But I am not going to give up. Back on track tomorrow, I'll face the weigh-in and then hopefully have an awesome 2nd week!

You are all doing so well on the diet - congratulations. Hopefully, I'll be able to catch up soon! I have 6 stone to lose and I'm doing SS.

Maria x

Hi Maria :) Good luck with your CD journey. So glad that you joined that group as its so nice to be able to speak to people in the same position! What shakes have you had so far? I almost gave up after the first day after tasting the porridge lol :D xx

Hi Leyla,

Thank you for the welcome :) I have tried a few different flavours - vanilla, chocolate mint, butterscotch. I've also tried all three of the Tetra flavours.

My favourite by far is the choc mint. I love it whizzed up in a blender with ice. Same goes for vanilla though they can be sickly if I have them too often. And I love the chocolate tetra packs - they're so handy for work! And I really want to try freezing them.

You're right - it is lovely to be able to chat to people who are going through the same stuff. This is a tough journey. But it's going to be worth it for all of us! x

No problem at all :) Ooo mine is too but i like mine made with hot water like a hot chocolate before i go to bed :D I haven't tried the tetras just the shakes, soups and bars but I am quite surprised I've never done this sort of thing before so I was expecting them to taste terrible but they actually are OK! Yeah it is hard but its totally worth it! :) Have you done this type of thing before? x

I expected them to taste horrible as well but I was pleasantly surprised!! No, I've never done anything so extreme - what about you? I just got so fed up with worrying food. It was driving me crazy. x

no nothing as extreme as this tried weightwatchers and that just failed really badly :D I didnt even know about this until i saw it in a magazine i was straight on the net. Ive suffered from depression and anxiety for ages and I know its mainly down to how I see myself but im soo glad i started it. Its bloody hard but i cant believe how much ive changed in only the 6 weeks ive been doing it! x

I've suffered with depression and anxiety too, and like you, it's probably all down to body image. That's why I really want this to work - I need to change my life. I don't want to feel miserable any more. We can do this! Well done on making 6 weeks, you're an inspiration x

Its made my life a real misery and Ive just recently turned 20 and Im getting married next year just enough is enough like you "i need to change my life" And it is working already I know ive got a lot more to shift but seeing the difference a couple of stone makes is amazing. if you stick on this thread thingy (still dont really know what its called) me and the girls on here will be behind you every step of the way :) xx

You'll get used to it, I mainly use my phone which is like a whole new site compared to being on my lap top lol

How are you finding Cambridge? x

It's early days only day 6 but it's a lot better than I expected. I like not having those decisions - this will I won't I have this treat or that will I or won't I have those points. That's all gone now. So though it's tough there isn't this must do better tomorrow. I didn't like weight watchers that much, I always had my weeks treats the 49 extra points eaten in a couple of days no matter how hard I tried. I'm hoping this is the answer for me.

Its made my life a real misery and Ive just recently turned 20 and Im getting married next year just enough is enough like you "i need to change my life" And it is working already I know ive got a lot more to shift but seeing the difference a couple of stone makes is amazing. if you stick on this thread thingy (still dont really know what its called) me and the girls on here will be behind you every step of the way :)

xx

That is so sweet to hear - and we're so close in age, I'm 21! It's great to have a place to come to for support :) x

Back