Looking for a Shred Buddy!

exiguous said:
Hi Laurenmay - welcome to the 30DS club lol! The calories burned depends on your weight and fitness level but by all accounts level 1 burns 170 to 210 calories. The best part about it though is not really the calories it burns during the session but also the after burn with the combined resistance and cardio burns calories for hours. This is true for most exercise, infact 15 minutes of exercise in the morning releases endorphins (the happy hormones) for up to 15 hours - for most people that's the entire day. Having these happy hormones going around reduces the stress hormone cortisol in the body which can be responsible holding on to fat and toxins in the body as well as increasing the risk of emotional over eating.....
The moral of the story exercise is key to a happy healthy life.

Hello :) well 208 calories is great by me! Lol. I'm doing the C25K programme too, so started day 1 week 1 of that yesterday but having the day rests in between like advised, so will be onto day 2 tomorrow. I'm doing my best to make sure I stick to the 30DS every single day, regardless of aches and pains!! I don't have time to exercise in the morning except for Saturday and Sunday, I'm up at 5am every weekday for work so exercise early on in the day is impossible :( x

- start weight 12.4 - goal weight 10.0

exiguous said:
Hi Laurenmay - welcome to the 30DS club lol! The calories burned depends on your weight and fitness level but by all accounts level 1 burns 170 to 210 calories. The best part about it though is not really the calories it burns during the session but also the after burn with the combined resistance and cardio burns calories for hours. This is true for most exercise, infact 15 minutes of exercise in the morning releases endorphins (the happy hormones) for up to 15 hours - for most people that's the entire day. Having these happy hormones going around reduces the stress hormone cortisol in the body which can be responsible holding on to fat and toxins in the body as well as increasing the risk of emotional over eating.....
The moral of the story exercise is key to a happy healthy life.

That makes interesting reading..
.I exercise in the mornings as that the only time I'm home alone...
I have the c25k on my iPod but have not yet started it as want to complete 30 day shred first, but now I have ordered 2 more DVDs by jillian... X

sookie said:
Just Hoping the sports shop in town have them in stock x

Hope you get them ok,I exercise in the morning aswell right now,gets its out of the way lol,what DVDs did you go for in the end?

Whooop your on a rolllll daisy :)

Hope you get them ok,I exercise in the morning aswell right now,gets its out of the way lol,what DVDs did you go for in the end?
6 weeks 6 pack and killer buns and thighs.....stupid sports shop had none in, not a surprise where I live. x

sookie said:
6 weeks 6 pack and killer buns and thighs.....stupid sports shop had none in, not a surprise where I live. x

I saw the killer buns one on Amazon in a boxset with ripped in 30.Might get that later on.Will do the other DVDs first.I got my weight in Argos in the end.

bulldogdaisy said:
I saw the killer buns one on Amazon in a boxset with ripped in 30.Might get that later on.Will do the other DVDs first.I got my weight in Argos in the end.

Going to a bigger town tomorrow do will look in sports shop there... If not Argos it is. Ones I'm looking at are in sports direct.. Just have to make do with tin soup again lol x

sookie said:
Going to a bigger town tomorrow do will look in sports shop there... If not Argos it is. Ones I'm looking at are in sports direct.. Just have to make do with tin soup again lol x

Yea where I live Sports direct doesn't do weights either! At least you are using make shift weights so that's good,I had a look at level one of the six pack today,hard work but I bet you soon notice a difference with it!

whoooooop guess what!?!?!!?!? I just did this body fat % calculator thing and it turns out I'm 26.6% not 32% like I thought!! YAY

exiguous said:
whoooooop guess what!?!?!!?!? I just did this body fat % calculator thing and it turns out I'm 26.6% not 32% like I thought!! YAY

Yay well done you :0) supposed to be better then working out bmi!

exiguous said:

Yeah you xx

bulldogdaisy said:
Yea where I live Sports direct doesn't do weights either! At least you are using make shift weights so that's good,I had a look at level one of the six pack today,hard work but I bet you soon notice a difference with it!

Will look at DVD when I get it xx

I been doing shred a week alongside gym sessions, am loving it so far. Might not like level two so much!!

Do the circuit again at gym with heavier weights . Enjoying so far!

Back