Looking for Buddies

I have felt a bit overwhelmed at the amount I have to lose. So I'm aiming to drop just over 2stone first and then refocus on my next goal.

My one big worry is, what if I fall off the wagon? I've tried all types of diets and I start with the same enthusiasm but it soon disappears and I fall off the wagon by having a McDonalds breakfast... And then I feel well I might as well have a kfc for lunch.... And next thing you know I'm ordering a Chinese for tea even though I'm not hungry. :(

I read the stories of people that have lots loads of weight and I think that's amazing - but what happened that it was their turn this time? What changed for them that they made it this time?

I have felt a bit overwhelmed at the amount I have to lose. So I'm aiming to drop just over 2stone first and then refocus on my next goal.

My one big worry is, what if I fall off the wagon? I've tried all types of diets and I start with the same enthusiasm but it soon disappears and I fall off the wagon by having a McDonalds breakfast... And then I feel well I might as well have a kfc for lunch.... And next thing you know I'm ordering a Chinese for tea even though I'm not hungry. :(

I read the stories of people that have lots loads of weight and I think that's amazing - but what happened that it was their turn this time? What changed for them that they made it this time?

Hey!

Don't talk yourself out of making a change. You can do this.

Do you like cooking? Maybe you can just adapt your favourites by doing it yourself. Take that on as a challenge. Make your own home version of McDonalds & KFC& Chinese. All the main ingredients are majority free its just how you cook everything . Make fry light your best friend :).

Don't doubt yourself...Its your time too if you want it to be :). Falling off the wagon happens planned and planned its just a matter of getting back on. I find reading people diaries very inspirational, also having a diary of my own too i feel more on display to put all

Right my lovely.... the thing about losing a lot of weight is it's not like saving up for something.... you get benefits all the way along.... you don't just get them all in a bunch when you get to target...

I make sure that I love everything that goes into my mouth..... I don't waste my time on something I don't enjoy..

As for falling off the waggon.... if you do have something you feel you shouldn't enjoy it and move on.... it's only food... don't start feeling guilty you didn't eat next doors cat or someone's child.... it's not a crime, if you start to think it is that's when people go into a downward spiral and eat everything in sight....

Good luck sweetie x

Hey!

Don't talk yourself out of making a change. You can do this.

Do you like cooking? Maybe you can just adapt your favourites by doing it yourself. Take that on as a challenge. Make your own home version of McDonalds & KFC& Chinese. All the main ingredients are majority free its just how you cook everything . Make fry light your best friend :).

Don't doubt yourself...Its your time too if you want it to be :). Falling off the wagon happens planned and planned its just a matter of getting back on. I find reading people diaries very inspirational, also having a diary of my own too i feel more on display to put all

I'm really not trying to talk myself out of it lol! I just always start off with such good intentions and then something goes wrong... I desperately want to lose weight this week but next week I fear that my love of takeaway will take over.

I love cooking and we try and cook everything from scratch (fresh ingredients, make our own sauces) but for some reason I often reach for a takeaway or similar. I know it's usually not as nice as having something home cooked, yet I still do it. It's as if I put myself on self-destruct mode!!! I need someone supervising me. :mad:

Right my lovely.... the thing about losing a lot of weight is it's not like saving up for something.... you get benefits all the way along.... you don't just get them all in a bunch when you get to target...

I make sure that I love everything that goes into my mouth..... I don't waste my time on something I don't enjoy..

As for falling off the waggon.... if you do have something you feel you shouldn't enjoy it and move on.... it's only food... don't start feeling guilty you didn't eat next doors cat or someone's child.... it's not a crime, if you start to think it is that's when people go into a downward spiral and eat everything in sight....

Good luck sweetie x

Thanks for the good luck- I'm having a sensible lunch as we speak :)

Have you joined in the September challenge... that might help x

No I haven't - what's that?x

One of our lovely ladies runs a monthly challenge so we can encourage each other ... here is the link to this month's

https://www.minimins.com/threads/september-2016-challenge.355775/page-6

I see you only have a few posts.... so I take it you are completely new to minis.... or were you a member before?

you need over 50 posts to be able to access the members only diaries... which would be really helpful for getting support... there are chit chat threads you can use to up your posts....

Have you started a diary?

Hi. :) :) :)
My old mini friends are awol too. I need some buddies too. Huge hugs, im so sorry to hear about your mum. She'd still be cheering you on, you've got this.

I keep a food diary, do you? Im a reloser too, 5.5st to target after losing 8'5.

Back