Looking for some advice please

Hi everyone, Just wondered if someone could give me some advice please?

I am currently taking Xenical with low fat diet and am also watching my cals and doing exercise but I`m not being very successful on it :(

I tried it last yr and again, Wasn`t doing very well so I tried LT and lost 17lbs in 4 weeks but although I could cope with not eating my body couldn`t and I had to come off it. Sadly I gained the weight I lost back which was from generally eating again not cos I gorged or ate badly. I think I must not have done refeeding properly :( I have managed to lose it again though with healthy eating and exercising but have stopped losing again, despite the Xenical :(

I have an underactive Thyroid and PCOS so I really struggle to lose weight. I am brilliant at maintaining, But obviously, I don`t want to be maintaining my current weight :(

My questions are - Firstly, Is LL Gluten/Wheat free? As I have to avoid eating wheat. And can I eat 1 meal on LL as my body just cannot cope with total abstinence from food and I don`t want a repeat of the side effects I got on LT :/ I think you can on the Lite programme?

My last question is do you have to have the counselling part of the diet? As I don`t have any food issues, I am just struggling to lose the weight I already have.

I would appreciate any advice anyone can give me. I have also posted on the CD forum as I am looking at both diets as a possibility if I haven`t lost a decent amount of weight by the time I go to see my Dr next month. I would like as much info as possible so that I can discuss it with her if needs be.

Thanks in advance for any advice, Hope everyone is having a great weekend,

LiSe Xx

Hi SacredSilence

From a quick look on the back of my packs some are gluten free and some aren't. The two shake flavours I have are. One soup and the porridge aren't and the other soup doesn't say.

The counselling is compulsory but don't dismiss it. I was sceptical about it as I have done conselling before but in general it has been helpful. It doesn't all work for me but it covers lots of stuff that is useful. I have actually found some of it more useful for things in my life that are nothing to do with the diet at all. In addition having a regular group of people is really good.

What I would say though is that you should talk to your GP about why you might not be losing with the Xenical. I found my weight loss on Xenical very similar to LL so you may have some medical issues that need to be addressed.

Hi SacredSilence

From a quick look on the back of my packs some are gluten free and some aren't. The two shake flavours I have are. One soup and the porridge aren't and the other soup doesn't say.

The counselling is compulsory but don't dismiss it. I was sceptical about it as I have done conselling before but in general it has been helpful. It doesn't all work for me but it covers lots of stuff that is useful. I have actually found some of it more useful for things in my life that are nothing to do with the diet at all. In addition having a regular group of people is really good.

What I would say though is that you should talk to your GP about why you might not be losing with the Xenical. I found my weight loss on Xenical very similar to LL so you may have some medical issues that need to be addressed.

Thanks for the reply :)

Tbh I have 4 children and work part time and I just wouldn`t be interested in giving up any free time I have for counselling that I don`t feel I need :/ So I`m not sure if LL would be the right diet for me :( I`m glad that you have found the counselling to help :D Hope things are going well for you on the diet :D x

Re medical issues, I have an underactive Thyroid and PCOS so I really struggle to lose weight :(

Thanks again for the advice x

Back